Cover Image: Cannonball

Cannonball

An inspirational picture book that showcases the power of positive thinking. All our young main character wants to do is dive off the diving board and do the perfect cannonball. The problem is, they're too scared to do it. With encouragement from loving family, our young diver soon learns that the power to be ourselves is in us all the time. We just need to find the courage to be ourselves.
I loved this book! I loved that it was about bravery, being your own person, talking to others, and overcoming fears. The LGBTQ+ element was great as well.
This book is darling. At first, I just liked it. It's colorful, the rhyme is pretty good, the grandma even gives advice in the form of real diving lingo. But when I got to the end and saw this kid's real character shine, I just loved him. You go, kid. :) This is a fun picture book that will encourage kids to be themselves, be brave, and listen to their own guts. They'll also learn some cool diving terminology and probably smile. Great fun with a good message.

I read a temporary digital ARC of this book for the purpose of review.