Cover Image: Don't Look for Me

Don't Look for Me

I found this book to be an enjoyable read.  Good mystery with some suspense thrown in.  Good solid ending.  This is a book which I would recommend to others.
I started Don’t Look For Me by Wendy Walker thinking I’d read for an hour and over three hours later I had finished the book. It’s one of those that you start and just can’t stop reading. Wendy did an awesome job with the backstory for the characters and really put down a great foundation for the whole premise.

Molly Clarke’s kids don’t love her, her husband might be having an affair and she knows she is to blame for the accidental, tragic death of her young daughter five years ago. So when Molly ends up missing on a dark and stormy night, it’s totally believable that she gave up on life and did something. Maybe she ran away to start over. That would be understandable. And when a note surfaces saying something to that effect, the police believe she did a “walk away” and left of her own accord.

But Molly’s daughter Nicole senses something is amiss and sets off on uncovering what truly happened to her mother. Though they have gone through some rough times, she knows her mother wouldn’t abandon her and her brother Evan.

And soon we learn that Molly was picked up after running out of gas on the side of the road. A man and his daughter gave Molly a ride to their home where she was offered clean, dry clothes and a warm bed. She was promised that the man would call her family and let them know she was safe. But Molly suspects he didn’t call. And she soon begins to wonder if he is ever going to let Molly out of his house.

With alternating chapters from Nicole and Molly’s point of view, we see what Molly is going through and we witness Nicole’s pursuit of finding her mother and putting her trust in people she shouldn’t.

The tension is tight, the suspense is heart pounding and the author did such a fabulous job writing the book that I wasn’t even mad she made me stay up past my bedtime to read the entire book in one sitting!

What a great suspense this was and you will love it! Due out on September 15th. Something to look forward to!
Wow! This one left me shaking! I think this will be on everyone’s list.  Very good.  Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher!!
Classic Wendy Walker!

This one boasts the fast pacing ad twisty goodness that those of us who call ourselves fans have come to love and expect!

Molly can't forgive herself for the accident that took her daughter's life so when she disappears during a storm on her way home from her son's football game her family is devastated. Then the note surfaces...

Complex, twisty and chilling, this one grabbed me by the throat and didn't let up until I got to the last page!
I love Walker's books so was delighted to be approved for this one! And wow, I was bowled over by the tension in this novel! Molly feels guilty for accidentally killing her younger daughter in a car accident when Annie ran into the street. So when she disappears in a storm on the way home from her son's football game and later a note surfaces that tells her family "Don't look for me," they are devastated. But her daughter, Nicole feels her own guilt as she had yelled at her mother that morning and told her she hated her. And things don't add up. As Nicole begins her own investigation in this small town, there are many inconsistencies, secrets, lies, and deceptions. Told from alternate perspectives of 3rd person following Nicole and 1st person Molly, we get a harrowing tale of obsession, revenge, and a family suffering from grief. Each chapter ends with the twist that keeps you from putting the book down! And yes, I cried at the end, but redemption is powerfully addictive and even though I was put through the wringer, it was worth the wild ride!
The horrifying read with Don’t Look for Me kept me riveted through most of the book.
How can a mother disappear in one night? Will all her family give up on her or were any of them involved with her disappearance?
So many people keeping secrets to protect others, but it’s only to protect themselves.
Strong four star winner by Wendy Walker. I can see this as a tv miniseries.
Molly Clarke disappears when her car runs out of gas in the middle of a terrible storm. Serendipitously, she’s picked up by a kind man and his nine-year old daughter; the daughter bearing a striking resemblance to Molly’s own daughter, who she hit and killed with her own car when the child unexpectedly ran into the street.

The pair take her to their off the grid home, where Molly is literally held prisoner. She develops a relationship with the man’s daughter. Alice. But the man, Mick, is a strange one; paranoid and moody.

Meanwhile, Nicolle, Molly’s eldest daughter, travels to the small town where Molly disappeared, moves into the only lodging available, and gets involved with the Jared Reyes, the number two man on a two-man police force.

Initially, Jared and the Chief seem dedicated to finding Molly, especially Jared, who accompanies Nicolle on many of her searches and helps her figure out what might have happened to her mother.

That’s the general story. But, that’s not the whole story. Things turn dark, dead ends and red herrings that are anything but dead ends and red herrings, pop up, as do some strange characters who appear to have little to do with the story but in fact play crucial roles. Bit by bit, Nicolle and her father, John, with whom she has been in contact while looking for her mother, figure things out.

Saying more would reveal spoilers.

I thought this was a good but not great thriller, as a good bit of the story seemed quite contrived. Nonetheless, the character development and Molly’s backstory of horrendous guilt about her daughter’s death and how she processes that, as well as her relationship with Alice is well done.

I received this book as an ARC from the publisher and NetGalley.
Wendy Walker delivers yet another incredible five star thriller! I read this book for three straight hours, fell asleep and woke to finish it before I even got out of bed. It’s that compulsive!

Molly Clarke has endured heartbreak no mother should experience. Is that why she left a note and ran away leaving her old life behind? Or has something more sinister happened to Molly?

This wild ride is told in alternating point of views between Molly and her daughter who goes searching for her. So many twists and turns! You will be on the edge of your seat the entire time. And what an ending!

Anyone else pick Alice as their favorite character?
This is my third Wendy Walker, and I'm a big fan.  Walker knows how to weave a taut tale!  In Don't Look for Me, we meet Molly Clarke, a suburban mother of three, as she drives home from her son's football game.  Molly is distraught and severely depressed.  Her son has just intentionally ignored her at his game.  Her husband may have fallen out of love with her.  And her teenage daughter told her she hated her before she left the house earlier in the day.  Now, still miles from home, she runs out of gas in the middle of a storm of biblical proportions.  She gets out to walk for help and disappears.  Two weeks later she still has not been found, but a note is found at a hotel that makes it look as though she's walked away from her family and her life.  Wracked with guilt, her daughter can't let it go and continues her search in the town where her mother's car was found and discovers a town full of liars and deceit.

Molly's story is heart wrenching and Wendy Walker paints her with great empathy.  There are lots of red herrings thrown into the mix, and a huge twist at the end that I didn't see coming.  This is a fast, intense read that I couldn't put down.

Thanks to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for providing a digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Review Copy

Wow. Yes, just wow. I was not prepared for this. I've read Wendy Walker before, so I should have known...so I'm telling you hang on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

The premise: A woman feels unloved by her family and leaves home only to run out of gas and abandon her car. What comes after? Horrendous. Horrifying. Horrible.

From St. Martin's Press coming this fall. Preorder this now.
Wendy Walker’s books truly represent the genre of “psychological thriller”. Don’t Look for Me introduces a compelling cast of characters dealing with anger, grief and regret. When a woman disappears, police and family must figure out whether it was intentional or a crime. As personal lives become intertwined and secrets from the past resurface, finding the truth is literally a matter of life or death for all of those impacted. A fast paced, twisted story that will keep readers guessing.
Riveting, heart aching story of what could have been. Molly is trying to hold on to whatever is left of her family after her youngest died in a car accident. On a horrible night of a storm, Molly went missing on her way home from visiting her son. Two weeks after her mother went missing, Nicole went back to the town that her mother was last seen. This time because of a tip from a woman who said she saw Molly that unfaithful night. However, the town as many secrets and no one is to be trusted.

There are mysteries throughout the book. It definitely kept my reading and wanting more. Not only was the town a mystery but also Molly’s family. I don’t feel like I got a full picture of the family. Molly’s husband where about the night of her disappearance was never explained; especially when Nicole question her dad in that last phone call. His part of the story never wrapped up. Molly and her husband's relationship was the focal point of her emotions when she was missing; However, it was never explained at the end. The ending has a twist I never saw coming. However, the explanation of the twist was weak. The protagonist could have stayed away. The reason to bring this person back was to have the twist; in which I thought made for a weak ending.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for letting me read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I can tell I liked a book by how fast I read it... and this one was a super fast read. Maybe it’s because I’m close in age to the main character, but I connected with her and wanted to know how this turned out for her. The story was both tragic and twisted and definitely not a light read. It was an interesting, well paced story with quality characters. Just a great read.
Holy freakin’ wow!  What a book; intense, chilling, realistic, and shocking!!! A book that literally had me flipping pages to find out what was going to happen, and when I thought nothing else could, would leave me either breathless in chills, or gasping in shock!  Must read for anyone who loves twisted, demented books that will absolutely shake you to your core!  A must read.  One of my favorite reads this year!  Unputdownable!!!
Will make sure I buzz if you on all the different platforms!
Well hellooo Wendy Walker!  This author has pulled off another great thriller and I am becoming a big fan! Loved it!

"Don't Look for Me" is a page turner that grabbed my attention from the very start and didn't let go.  The point of view changes between mother and daughter throughout.  The pacing was great with the suspense notched up high keeping you hooked and needing to read just ONE more chapter! I couldn't s t o p reading!

Molly is a mother who is grieving and trying to heal all the while hating herself  and fearing that her children hate her as well.  There is the car abandoned miles from home, the note found at a nearby hotel, the shattered family that couldn’t be put back together.  Did Molly really leave her children and husband behind or did something more sinister happen? Go in blind people, you won't regret it! 5 stars from this thriller lover! I didn't expect that ending.  Can't wait to see what this author comes up with next!

Thank you so much to St. Martin's Press and NetGalley for the advanced copy of this book!
When it is snowy and cold outside (and my car is buried under 2ft of ❄️ ), superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

The greatest risk isn’t running away.
It’s running out of time.

The car abandoned miles from home.
The note found at a nearby hotel.
The shattered family that couldn’t be put back together.
They called it a “walk away.”

It happens all the time.

Women disappear, desperate to leave their lives behind and start over.

But is that what really happened to Molly Clarke?

This is one seriously twisted thrilling book full of unexpected surprises that will keep you up at night until you finish it! Just when you think that you know where the book is going, it veers off on a direction you never dreamt of. This book is a  master class in thrilling fiction writing: read it. Read it again ( you will get more out of it the second time, trust me) and enjoy the rocket ride of a book.  Recommend it to your patrons as well - they will thank you.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🚀 🚀 🚀 🚀  🚀
I am a super fan of Wendy Walker so I have been waiting anxiously to be able to request an ARC for her newest book. I received it yesterday morning and spent the entire day reading it, because how could I not? As always I was not disappointed, She is known for a fast paced book with tons of twists that keep you riveted. Don't miss out on this book it is one you will not want to miss. Make sure you check out her previous novels as well, because holy wow.

Molly Clarke's life is her family but after the death of her child Annie, things have not been the same for awhile. Everything seems to be falling apart and they cannot get past their grief. One night on the way home from visiting her son, her car breaks down. In that moment she thinks about walking away. From everything. She disappears and her family is left without answers. But did she really walk away or was there something more sinister going on. The POV changes throughout the book and you won't see it coming. Weaving masterful suspense with tons of questions, this is the book that needs to be in your life. Will they find Molly? Does she want to be found?
Don't Look For Me is intense, heart-wrenching and all consuming.  Molly is a flawed, heart-broken character that grows stronger throughout the book.  I wanted to keep reading, afraid of what I might read next.  Wendy Walker did an amazing job and I was kept guessing throughout until the end. This one will get under your skin and stay there for a while.  Not only is it a great psychological thriller, it really is terrifying.

Molly is on her way home from watching her son's football game.  All her feelings coming to a head as a hurricane is bearing down on her.  Her family, she feels, doesn't love her anymore.  She has done something unthinkable, and even she can't forgive herself.  She thinks of just leaving, walking away without turning back.  She thinks of her son ignoring her after she drove 4 hours to cheer him on. She thinks of her daughter staying out all hours of the night, showing her hatred to her mother in a pivotal way that morning.  She thinks of her husband falling out of love with her.  So many reasons to just leave.  She doesn't realize until it's too late that she is out of gas.  She gets out of her car, walks into the storm and disappears.

Her car is found, her phone in the car and a note (with her clothes) left at a casino nearby, "Don't look for me" scrawled in Molly's handwriting.  Her family, already shattered by one incident, struggles to piece together this new one.  Would she really just leave?  Nicole, her daughter, wishes she could take back those venomous words she said to her mom the morning she vanished.  Evan realizes he may have played a part in this too, not even acknowledging his mother's presence.  Her husband, knowing he too has become distant and unloving.  What will it take to find out where Molly has gone?  Did she really just leave them?  Or is something far more sinister at the root of Molly's disappearance?

Don't Look For Me is an intense read that will have you looking over your shoulder.  It is heart-breaking and terrifying all at once.  I definitely recommend giving this one a read!

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for this ARC.
I was so excited to receive an advanced copy of this book so thanks St. Martin's Press!  I've really liked earlier Walker novels so I jumped at the chance to read this one.  I read it in one day, almost in one sitting.  It was a nail biter with twists and turns I didn't see coming.  I do have to say that I have a big aversion to something that happens quite early in the book and I almost stopped reading.  I'm glad i didn't though because it is a really good read.  There's one thing that happens that is crucial to the ending that I don't think makes 100% sense, but it didn't spoil the story for me.  Highly recommend!
Wendy hit it out of the park with this thriller. Tons of secrets, lies and time jumps will keep you on your toes. Pulse pounding thrill ride of a read. Had me  wanting to scream at the characters and at the same time go and hide i was so creeped out.