The Wolf in Underpants Freezes His Buns Off

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Apr 2020

I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. I loved the first Wolf in Underpants and this one although not as good, is a fun read. Kids will enjoy the illustrations and pointing various things out/
A fun lighthearted tale with a good moral at the end. Full of humor and a vibrant illustration style, The Wolf in Underpants Freezes His Buns Off shows how it is better to care for others over simply hoarding for ourselves. Be it wealth, warm clothing, or in this case, cheese.
The Wolf in Underpants is back! He's acting a bit cranky and the other forest animals are a bit worried. All the wolf will say is "They're freezing!'' The animals are confused....what is freezing? His toes? His ears? Everyone scrambles to warm up the wolf before his former bad disposition comes back!

Another very cute story starring the fuzzy wolf in underpants. This one has a nice lesson as well as humor. This would be a perfect bed time story, for independent reading, or just for fun! I enjoyed this story just as much as the first book this cute series.

The illustrations are colorful and have little things going on in the background for kids to "find'' as they read or have the story read to them.

I turn to children's stories when I need to relax. This one did the trick....I had a big smile on my face the whole time. Cute pictures and just a nice innocent story. It was very calming after a really busy day!

**I voluntarily read an advance review copy of this book from Lerner Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. No wolves were chilled or angered during the writing of this review.**
This books is super cute with an ending I wasn't expecting. Students will crack up over this.  I hope the author continues this series.
Reading this title was absolute bliss! Both I and my almost-9-year-old were having a lot of fun it The Wolf in Underpants Freezes His Buns Off. The whole book can be read in several minutes but I could spend hours just looking at the illustrations! Graphics in that book are stunning and full of humor and amount of details can you discover something new with each re-read.

There's another aspect to The Wolf in Underpants... that I adored, it's not just an interesting history but an educational one. About sharing and our social responsibility to people who were less lucky in life and why we should help them. We need more great books like this one.
The Wolf in Underpants Freezes His Buns Off is a silly and fun book for children! Our kids loved reading this with us and we would definitely recommend it to other families!
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book is absolutely adorable!  It warmed my wee baby heart to read about a wolf with such kindness and compassion. As we all know from our own childhood experiences, wolves aren't particularly well thought of in folklore.  This wolf tackles the "big, bad wolf" trope and challenges our perception about wolves in children's literature. Well done!
Decided to give this one a shot as a potential read for in my classroom for EFL/ESL learners. I was chuckling throughout the book and enjoyed the easy read.

The book is easy and quick to read for higher levels, but might be a tad long for lower levels, but still easy to understand and enjoy.

I would have loved to have a book like this when I was growing up and look forward to using it in class one day.

A copy of the book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.
Throughout the entire, I believe the wolf wandering around the forest was shady as well. I was not ready for the plot twist! Super cute graphic novel about judging a book by its cover.
The wolf in underpants freezes his buns off is a funny story that any child will love. This book is full of entertainment and adventure!
I’m giving this book 3 stars for the illustrations, which were beautiful, unique, and fun.  The story is a little awkward and text didn’t read well.  The overall message suffered because of this.  It seems clear that this book was translated from a different language.  The title also doesn’t really fit with the book.  With a rewrite with clear, smooth text, the book would be greatly improved.

Thank you to NetGalley and Lerner Publishing Group for providing an ARC of this book.
I had a good time reading this book. The illustrations were very well done, and helped make this forest pop off the page. The characters were likable, and it was fun seeing this tale unfold. As the animals started fearing the worst, it became clear they would have to get answers. Yet as this story came to a close, the truth did end up surprising them a bit. If you liked the first book, then you are sure to enjoy this one.
I requested and received an e-ARC of this book from NetGalley and Lerner Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review.

This book is awesome!  I love the illustrations and all the little side conversations on each page.  I love that the forest animals hear the Wolf say, “They’re freezing” and instead of asking the Wolf directly they start speculating what ‘they’re’ might be.  This is a great example of how quickly things get out of hand when we don’t go directly to the source and take hearsay at face value.

#TheWolfinUnderpantsFreezesHisBunsOff #NetGalley
Cute story about a Wolf in the wintry woods wearing underpants! The other animals are concerned because the Wolf is grumpy and keeps saying "They're freezing!" with no explanation. The animals begin to get concerned when the small creatures start disappearing. Cute story. Cute illustrations.
Why is the wolf so disagreeable?  That's the question on everyone's mind in this humerous picture book with many detailed illustrations.  All the animals are well prepared for the cold of winter but not Mr. Wolf.  Many of them try to  figure out just why he is so grumpy and scaring off some of the littler creatures.  Attempts are made to help.  The owl knits him some socks  -  they are rejected.  The owl knits him a hat -  it is rejected.    Pre schoolers through early elementary age children will enjoy following along and exploring the pictures as the animals try to find a way to help the wolf be warm and keep their friends safe.

#TheWolfinUnderpantsFreezesHisBunsOff #NetGalley
The Illustrations are beautiful and the main reason why is getting 3 stars from me. The story felt bumpy, dialogs forced, it was trying to portray a nice message about not thinking the worse of people and making sure the less fortunate are care for, but it was a confusing story and the dialogs were not good.
Books where characters have little conversations in the background are my favorites, and this one didn't disappoint. The illustrations are really vibrant, and there is so much to look at on each page. This is a great story about asking others questions instead of assuming things and listening to gossip, and accepting others for who they are, regardless of stereotypes.
Sheer fun in visual form. This is a graphic novel worth exploring and I love the creative vision of this work.
A interesting little book with an arresting title. The artwork on the cover pulled in my 3 year old and even my 9 year old. The book mostly kept their interest. The art was attractive, although the font made following the story a little difficult at the beginning. The title ended up being a bit misleading based on my daughters reaction.

Thank you to the publisher and to NetGalley for the opportunity to read my kids this book.

***Spoilers***
A children's book or a warning about income inequality and the uprising of the proletariat?
My five-year-old daughter and I liked this one even better than the first book!

She really enjoyed the surprise of what the wolf was up to when we reached the end and she found the idea of the wolf wandering through the woods in undies to be just as amusing this time around.

The illustrations allow for a more in depth read for older kids and an easy quick read (without all the individual dialogue) for younger kids.

I received a free digital galley of this book from
Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.