Cover Image: Conscious Grief & Loss Guide

Conscious Grief & Loss Guide

This book is part of a series. Per the description:
"The Conscious Grief & Loss Guide focusses on conscious grieving and self-care with brief sections that are broken down with tips, practical exercises, reflective questions, and real-life examples." There is also a workbook, journal, and quote book.

This book takes a therapy-style approach--first you must "meet" your grief, then recognize more about it, assess your grief factors, face your grief, and give yourself permission to grieve in your own way. If you are comfortable with a CBT approach (although this author does not explicitly call it that), the book may be helpful to you.

Thanks to the publishers and NetGalley for the opportunity to review a digital ARC in exchange for an unbiased review.
This may be more for a person who has just lost someone,  not for me. I’m still looking for that perfect comfort guide that I can’t find after 16 years. It’s a bit too clinical for me but I’m glad things are being written on this subject.
I've recently experienced some devastating losses in my life so this book really spoke to me.  Much of it is things I already knew, but just to see them in print somehow validated my feelings.  The book is well written and covers all the phases of grief - and how we should feel about them.  It's reassuring to know the grief and feelings I'm experiencing aren't unusual and it's comforting to know they will in time ease.

This is an excellent book for anyone who has experienced the loss of a loved one.
Conscious Grief & Loss Guide
By Lise Leblanc
Published by Blue Moon Publishers, Next Chapter Press
Publish Date May 5, 2020

This book, Conscious Grief and Loss Guide, was written by Lise Leblanc, who comes with a highly experienced background as a psychotherapist of more than 20 years. She knows very well from her past experiences how to help people through their grief.

I've had some losses in my life and had to deal with grief, which was very difficult. It's  amazing how long it can take. I also have a job in an ICU where I am around others who experience family members who pass on. It is often hard to find the "right" words to say, and, of course every one has their own personal reactions at the time. I find it to be one of the most difficult parts of my job. This guide has been very helpful to me in so many ways. It actually steps you right through the process no matter what step of grief you are on.

This is one of the best books I have read on the subject. This is fantastic for anyone who has just suffered the loss of someone, or has had a hard time getting through the grief process of losing someone in the past. Even for dealing with a death that has not yet occurred.

"This book includes:
-concrete examples
-real-life stories
-useful exercises
-reflective questions
-insights and strategies

You may never be able to embrace grief with open arms, but perhaps you can learn to accept it as a necessary part of having the gift of loving someone who makes saying goodbye so difficult."

The layout is wonderful and helpful and I am grateful to have read it. I recommend this to everyone since we all will experience death, loss and grief at some point in our life and it is written so well that it will help anyone who reads it.

I would like to thank Blue Moon Publishers, Next Chapter Press, and the author, Lise Leblanc for my advance eARC copy of this book in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own.
When life turns on its end and you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed,  superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today.

None of us wants to experience the loss of a loved one, but the sad reality is we’ve all experienced it, and it is certain that grief will come knocking many times throughout our lives. A psychotherapist for more than twenty years, Lise Leblanc has learned that we are rarely fully prepared for a loved one’s death or our reaction to it. Like so many others, you may not know how to deal with the emotions, communication problems, and other complexities that arise in times of grief and loss.

Although this book cannot take your suffering away, Conscious Grief & Loss Guide will provide you with deep insights and effective strategies. It will answer many of your questions while guiding you to achieve an optimum state of wellness throughout your grief journey.

Lise carefully constructs a step-by-step, profound yet practical approach to help you understand your grief, assess your mental and emotional state, recognize your self-care needs, find helpful resources, and communicate productively during highly emotional and painful times.

This book includes:
-concrete examples
-real-life stories
-useful exercises
-reflective questions
-insights and strategies

This book is the ideal companion to other books in the “Wish I Knew” series.

I love the "Wish I Knew" series - The Conscious Caregiving guide (Caregiving Insights: Lessons Learned, Conscious Caregiving Guide: Caregiving Starts Here and Conscious Caregiving Guide Workbook --- all 5-star books that I recommend to ANYONE in a caregiving situation!) This book seems to be for what happens after -  loss and grief.  I have 92 and 93yo parents so this book hit me HARD.  HARD enough to buy a copy for me as I can see being there between today and ... those bad days!

If you are in this situation or seeing that it may be near this is the perfect book to read. It is smartly written and expertly presented as a hope for those in grief. Read this book and keep an eye out for the others that I imagine will come to be.