Cover Image: Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn Book 8)

Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn Book 8)

This is book #8 in the Detective Josie Quinn series.  Whilst it can be read as a standalone, I would recommend reading the books in series order to understand the characters past stories.  We return to the town of Denton in Pennsylvania.  After having a row with her sister Trinity, Josie decides to go and speak to her at the rented cabin she moved into.  When she gets there, she finds the place empty, but Trinity’s car, keys and purse are still there.  When Josie finds human bones laid outside the cabin, she fears the worse.  Investigations show that they aren’t Trinity’s remains, but that still leaves the question of where is Trinity?

I’ve read all of this series and have enjoyed all the books so far.  Josie is a great character, but has had a very difficult past, which has been explained as the books have moved on.  Part of this was being reunited with a twin sister she didn’t know about, and Josie and Trinity’s relationship is still complicated at times.  This story, focussing on her missing sister and subsequent other missing women, gets straight into the action right from the beginning, with it being obvious that Trinity is hiding something from Josie.  I have sometimes found it hard to connect with Trinity throughout the whole series, feeling that she has only ever used Josie for a leading story.  I have to admit I initially found it difficult again to understand why she behaves like she does.  As the book moves on though I did warm to her, particularly when she goes missing and you begin to realise what the case is that she has been investigating on her own.

The action was fast paced and gripping.  The location adds to the suspense, with the town being so rural and huge areas of land to cover.  Josie remains the same tough cookie that she has been throughout the series, and I love her relationship with Noah.  You do see a different side to Trinity though, and are left hanging on all the way through the book to discover her fate.  Working against the clock, Josie is desperately trying to find out who the serial killer, dubbed The Bone Artist, is.  The story is full of twists and turns, and you are given little clues as the book moves on to help you work out what is going on!  The Bone Artist is someone you certainly wouldn’t want to meet though!

The stories keep getting better as each book comes out, finding out more about the characters and also meeting new ones.  I can’t wait until the next book in the series!  Chilling, riveting and unable to put down…I would definitely recommend this one!
What a great crime book.  Well written with a plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat.  Highly recommend this book.  I received an arc from the publisher and this is my unbiased review.
Detective Josie Quinn had been trying to contact her sister, Trinity Payne, since the day she’d stormed out of her and Noah’s home, and finally, with Noah’s urging, they found out where she was staying and Josie headed there to find her. But when she arrived at the cabin, Trinity’s car and possessions were there, but no sign of Trinity. And when Josie found human remains at the rear of the cabin, she was terrified it was her sister...

As Josie called Noah and her team out to the site, she wasn’t to know what was ahead of her. The scramble to find Trinity before it was too late; the signs of a serial killer; the involvement of the FBI; the strange formations of human bones – Josie knew there must be clues that would point them in the right direction. But could she find them? She and her team were working around the clock, rotating rest times – they knew the clock was ticking. But would they find her alive?

Find Her Alive is the 8th in the Detective Josie Quinn series by Lisa Regan and once again it was electrifying! Tension, fast paced action, suspense – all the usual layers which gradually peel away to reveal the conclusion. And what a great twist at the end! I loved it. Highly recommended.

With thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for my digital ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.
Count on this series to be consistently good, and this one - the eighth - fits the pattern well. The story is a bit more "far out" than the others I've read, but it doesn't matter - I stayed up late to finish the last four chapters just because things were moving so fast at that point that I didn't want to wait till morning to find out what happened.

Josie Quinn, a detective in rural Denton, Pennsylvania, has twin sister Trinity. It's been only recently that they discovered each other (background on all that is in previous books); and even now, their interaction can be a bit tense. Trinity, who is a well-known TV news anchor, came to visit Josie and her significant other Noah Fraley, also a police officer. Convinced she was about to be fired, Trinity was on the trail of a major breakthrough story that would revive her TV career big-time.

But about three weeks ago, the twins got into an argument and Trinity stalked out - renting a remote hunting cabin for a reason known only to her. When she can't reach her sister, Josie heads to the cabin, where she encounters a gruesome sight: human bones neatly arranged outside the cabin. Needless to say, she's terrified that the bones are Trinity's, although it seems unlikely that total decomposition could have happened this rapidly.

When the police team come in to investigate, Josie is relieved; dental records confirm the remains are not Trinity, but rather a missing woman from a nearby town. Now, the investigation expands, but it seems to go nowhere fast. Gleaning some clues from a handwritten message Trinity apparently left on her car - which was found outside the cabin complete with her purse and cell phone - Josie determines that Trinity's big story involved an as-yet-unidentified serial killer known for his "artistry" with human bones.

Along the way, other bone formations are found, adding urgency to the investigation. Is Trinity still alive, and if she is, can they find her before it's too late? Josie is hot to trot with ideas and suggestions, but not all are taken seriously simply because of her obvious personal interest in the case.

And tttthhhhhaaat's all from me, folks, except to say it's a dash to an exciting finish with a couple of twists thrown in. Those who are familar with this series will enjoy this one too, I'm sure - and to those who aren't, well, what are you waiting for? Thanks to the publisher, via NetGalley, for the opportunity to read and review an advance copy.
I’d like to thank Bookouture and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read ‘Find Her Alive’, the eighth in the Detective Josie Quinn series written by Lisa Regan, in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

Detective Josie Quinn hasn’t seen her twin sister Trinity for a month since she left their home after an argument.  When she drives to where Trinity is renting a cabin she discovers her car packed and ready to leave, but Trinity has disappeared.  Josie finds human bones behind the cabin arranged in a pattern and fears that Trinity has been abducted by a serial killer who was active in and around 2008 for the designs he made out of human bones.  Can Josie rescue her sister before it’s too late?

‘Find Her Alive’ is a gripping thriller that becomes more addictive as the story progresses.  It’s fast-paced with a well-written plot, plenty of twists and turns, drama and suspense.    Although I guessed what was going to happen towards the final chapters it hasn’t detracted from my enjoyment of this latest instalment of the series.  It’s good to meet up again with Josie, Noah, Gretchen and Mett who are friends as well as working together as a strong and efficient team, and when I reached the last pages the conclusion was the perfect ending to an excellent book.
Find Her Alive by Lisa Regan is the 8th book in the Detective Josie Quinn mystery series, and another great addition.  Josie's twin sister Trinity left her house after an argument  three weeks ago, and no one has heard from her since.  When Josie was able to locate where Trinity was last known to be, they found human bones.  Trinity left Josie clues to who did this.  Josie and Noah are on the case. Wow this book grabbed me from the very first page, and kept me going.  This book has more twists and turns, that kept me reading page after page. Just when I thought I was on the right track, I realize I wasn't. I found this book to be a quick read, with a well developed plot and characters. I am looking forward to reading more books by this author. Detective Josie Quinn reminds me of Police Chief Kate Burkholder in the series by Linda Castillo. Both women suffered while growing up, and have alcohol issues. If you love mysteries like I do, than I strongly recommend this book.
Another fantastic book in this great series.
This story is very close to home for Josie as she suspects her sister has been kidnapped by a serial killer, so the race is on to find her in time.
The cabin where Trinity was staying is deserted and her car is there with all her belongings inside, and the keys in the ignition.
Also near the cabin are some bones that have been arranged in a certain way.
Josie and the team dig deeper into the situation and realise they’re looking for The Bone Artist.
A game is then set in place between the killer and Josie - but there can only be one winner.
I love the relationship that Josie and Trinity have and Josie’s determination to find her sister is heartwarming.
There are some real heart in your mouth moments towards the end of the book and I was desparate to know how it was going to end.
This is a gripping read that will have you on the edge of your seat.
Thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book.
Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for allowing me to review this book.
An excellent book and well worth five stars.  Well done.
Lisa Regan continues to put forth strong, character driven story lines in this series. This is the eighth book in the Josie Quinn series and while it can be read as a stand alone, some familiarity with the characters will help the reader appreciate Regan’s concepts. While Regan continue to develop Josie’s character arc, this book pays tribute to family dynamics. The crime /police procedural was creepy and interestingly laid out. Another great book!

Thank you to #NetGalley for the ARC of #FindHerAlive which was read and reviewed voluntarily by @wayward_readers.
Excellent book!  I love the Josie and Trinity series.  Each new book adds more in deep character development, as you get to know the people in the story, along with a page turning mystery.  I found the storyline to be innovative, and clever.  It is definitely a page turner, highly recommend.
Get ready for a roller coaster of a ride  when you pick up Find Her Alive .

A resounding 5 stars !!!

Josie Quinn, I want you on my side always !!!

The pages fly by as Josie tries desperately to find her missing twin Trinity and discover who the Bone Artist is.

The Bone Artist is one crazy person and you sure do not want to meet up  with that person.

I don't want to give anything away so I will just say don't miss Find her Alive or any of the books in the Josie Quinn series.

Hope I don't have nightmares tonight.

Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for a spellbinding eerie read.  Love it !!
The author has done it again with her racy narrative and well maintained suspense. She has deftly combined a police procedural with a psychological thriller. Don’t miss it.
I haven’t read a Lisa Regan book I didn’t enjoy.  If you can imagine Josie Quinn asking if you would like come along and watch her and her team catch a killer, be safe and enjoy the ride. Well I opened the book and took the ride. It was exciting, frustrating, and I couldn’t read fast enough to get to the finish. And hated that it had to end.
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Find Her Alive, the eighth novel to feature Detective Josie Quinn of the Denton, Pennsylvania PD.

After weeks of not hearing from her reporter sister, Trinity, after a fight Josie decides to visit her in her rented cabin. Trinity is missing although her car and belongs are there, as is a posed set of human bones. Josie is relieved the bones do not belong to Trinity so all she has to do is find her, but that’s easier said than done when all indications are that she has been taken by a serial killer thought to be either dead or imprisoned.

I thoroughly enjoyed Find Her Alive which is an exciting read with a warm feel to it despite the gruesome subject matter. The novel is told from two points of view, one being Josie’s and the other belong to a young child called Alex who is suffering from a dysfunctional upbringing. There is enough mystery in his stories to make it interesting, rather than just another fictional case of child abuse. Josie’s narrative tells the story of the investigation which starts with the hunt for Trinity but soon widens into a cold case investigation of a serial killer. It is tense and exciting in parts as the team follows the clues and keeps widening the scope of their investigation. It is not a particularly profound novel as events and reveals arrive at fortuitous moments to maintain momentum and push them on but it is absorbing and keeps the reader turning the pages. What more could you want in this era of slow moving time?

Josie and her cohorts have become like friends over the course of the series so it is pleasant to spend time with them. This novel concentrates on Trinity’s backstory (Josie did not grow up with her) so the reader gets to know this rather aloof and solitary individual better. Does it ring true? I don’t think so and the coincidences would trouble even the most uncritical reader. Does it matter? Definitely not, as this is an events driven novel and works well as such.

Find Her Alive is a good read that I have no hesitation in recommending.
I was anxiously awaiting this next book in the Josie Quinn series! Thank you to Bookouture and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review. Lisa Regan never fails to disappoint! I don’t know how she writes these books as quickly as she does when they read as a work that took a year or two. This time Josie is playing a game with a serial killer to save her twin sister, Tiffany. I love that we got to explore more of Tiffany’s past and the surprises that came along with that journey. All of the small clues that get pieced together to solve the mystery of who the killer is, his background are intricate and make this another page turner! I would definitely recommend!
I absolutely love this series Lisa Regan and have anxiously been waiting for this 8th book to come out. Josie Quinn is an excellent character and this case has her searching for her twin sister. There are many plot twists in this rollercoaster thriller and we learn more about Trinity (which I loved. Read this book or start on the series as you will not be disappointed. One of my favorite detective series!  Kudos to Lisa on another exceptional book!!!
Lisa Regan has done it again, giving us another amazing story.

I have been hooked on Josie Quinn from the first time I met her. She is an amazing character, full of personality. The story itself was all always very enjoyable to read, and I would highly recommend it.
Josie Quinn has a new mystery and this one involves her sister. Although the 8th in the series this story stands alone pretty well. My only criticism is that the author loves to push reality- I mean seriously doing that much work with a concussion. And things pull together rather conveniently. That being said these novels are always a fun ride.

I was given a copy from Netgalley in return for an unbiased review.
This was a new author for me. The plot and storyline were very well done.  Such a wonderful story. I would definitely try another book by This author.
This whole series is AMAZING! This book was exceptional, I don't know how Lisa Regan manages to write sereval books in quick succession but it feels like she took forever to write them cause they are that GREAT! I have read every single one of these books in less than two days. Riveting and thrilling! Please never stop writing! Ever! Please keep writing about Josie Quinn and her story it is so psychologically interesting.