Cover Image: Hush, Hush: A Ronnie Lake Mystery

Hush, Hush: A Ronnie Lake Mystery

This is the fourth book in the Ronnie Lake series but this was the first one I’ve read. I didn’t feel that I’d missed a lot by having not read the earlier installments but I may have had a richer reading experience by knowing more of Ronnie’s background. It was refreshing to have the main character be an older woman who has reinvented herself and become a private investigator later in her life.

I enjoyed this book and will look forward to going back to read the series from the beginning.
It took me some time to get into it but when I did I enjoyed it. I liked the main character Ronnie. She's investigating  the disappearance of a  college girl, with her dog Warrior. The mystery is interesting. #Hush, Hush #NetGalley
A thank you goes out to the author of this series. I loved that the main character has a lively, intense job that is recently new to her at the age of 55. Women need to know that life is far from ending in your 50's and that for some it may just be beginning. A great mystery. :)
Action packed, hold on to your hat, edge of your seat adventure

***I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review
 Hush, Hush: A Ronnie Lake Mystery by Niki Danforth. #HushHush #NetGalley
[NetGalley URL]
This book brought me back to all the hours spent with a Sue Grafton book, following the life and adventures Kinsey Millhone. If you know who this is and loved her, you don't even have to read this review any further and just start reading the book.

For the other readers out there; this is a book about a 50-something private investigator who is often accompanied by her partner; the German Shepherd Warrior. She is looking into a missing person case which turns out to involve some government agency and maybe more than she bargained for. The writing is solid with vivid characters (who will probably be better fleshed out if you read the previous books, I didn't and while that didn't hinder my enjoyment I think it is probably worth it to get a better understanding/background).
It's and old fashioned detective, don't expect a lot of action but a good plot that will lead Ronnie Lake and you from the start of this case to it's satisfying conclusion.
I really enjoyed this 4th book in the Ronnie Lake series even though it it the first one I’ve read. I will be looking for more however as Ronnie and her German Shepherd, Warrior, are smart, funny and engaging. This story seemed totally believable and most of the characters were also believable in their actions and reactions. The story moved along logically and there were several unanticipated twists. Thank you to #netgalley and the publisher for this copy of #hushhush to read and review.
This is a well-paced story with an appealing female heroine and her faithful canine sidekick.  Ronnie Lake is a private detective enlisted to help with a missing person--a case that the police apparently believe that of a young woman who has gone off on an extended vacation with her boyfriend.

Ronnie is persuaded otherwise.  Unlike many other private detectives, Ronnie develops strategies to work in cooperation with the local police, and she also calls in assistance from her friends.  But she keeps running into blocks in her investigation--areas that are said to be off-limits, or “hush-hush.”

As is often the case with lead characters in mysteries, Ronnie’s path leads her into some ominous areas, bringing her into danger requiring all her skill and ingenuity.  I found this book entertaining and enjoyable.

My thanks to author, publisher, and NetGalley for providing an advance copy to read and produce an honest review.
An intriguing reader's hook, hinting at an unexplained mystery and a nearly-omniscient stalker, opens this fourth in the Ronnie Lake Mysteries series, starring a mid-fifties licensed private investigator and her ex-military canine sidekick.

When she accepts a case that's possibly simply a coed runaway, possibly a missing person, possibly much more grievous, Ronnie opens a metaphorical can of worms--dangerously.

The mystery is frightening, and I really empathized with the protagonist, surely one of a kind.
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review of the story.

Ronnie, is a strong, tenacious, intelligent, recently divorced female private investigator with a softspot for mysteries most people take at face value.

Her partner is a military vet named Warrior.

A missing persons case is brought to Ronnie by a former client.  The police seem to be doing nothing to track down the missing student - and the acting Detective has bad history with Ronnie.

A mysterious branch of the government issues a hands off to anyone who'll listen

The story builds steadily and unexpected suspects come to light who add to the overall tension of the plot.

I highly recommend this book and fully intend to read the other books in the series.
Enjoyable mystery featuring a 55-year old neophyte private investigator, Ronnie Lake, who accepts a missing college student from her two roommates. Ronnie may be new at this but she's got good instincts and persistence. The more she uncovers, more questions arise. Well constructed with refreshingly non-combative relationships between Ronnie and several members of law enforcement.
I am a fan of Ronnie Lake.  So it was nice to catch up and see what is happening in her life.  She has got a new case which seems pretty straight forward.  But it turns into so much more.  This simple case turns into her first really big case with plenty of twists and turns to make it super interesting.  I really enjoyed the story.
This was my introduction to the character of Ronnie Lake who has started her own PI business.  She's an interesting, likable woman who agrees to take on a case that the police don't want to touch.  Two young college students are missing. Are they dead or alive?  Or both?
Ronnie lake is a Private Investigator who lives in a small town along with her trusty sidekick Warrior a German Shepherd. She is ready for a new investigation when two young college students pay her a visit to ask for her help in finding their friend who suddenly disappeared.

As Ronnie starts investigating, things start getting more complicated. When they find a car submerged in a pond, they discover a body, a few items, but not the missing girl. Things quickly heat up when what is thought to be coincidences, are anything but, and the pieces start falling into place. When this mystery seems to also involve a politician, the police are told to step back from the case but encourage Ronnie to keep investigating. Can Ronnie put the puzzle pieces together before anyone else gets hurt?

This was a quick paced mystery so cleverly written by Niki Danforth. I loved the characters, the plot, and the way the clues all tied together in the end. Although this was the fourth book in the series, it can be easily read as a stand a lone novel. I enjoyed Ronnie and Warrior so much that I do want to go back and start at the beginning of the series. Thank you so much to the author Niki Danforth, BooksGoSocial, and NetGalley for this amazing book to read and review. All opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.
A good murder book. Average storyline and easy to follow. Thank you Net Galley for the opportunity to read this and give an honest review. #NetGalley #Hush,Hush
The writing and the characters are very good, but the plot is rather weak. Not only is it a little strange, but there seem to be things missing or hidden from us.
Not really my cup of tea. I found this a bit too wordy and did not get past the third chapter, but I am sure there are readers out there who would enjoy this character and setting, just not me.

Thank you to NetGallery for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I really enjoyed this book.  Character development was good.  The plot was very interesting.  Not a lot of typos.
An entertaining and well written suspense.  A great addition to the Ronnie Lake mysteries. Mystery fans will enjoy this book.  I look forward to reading more books in this series.  I recommend this book.  I received an arc from the publisher and Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
I liked the mystery story (though the pieces don't all come together as they should), but I found myself consistently annoyed by books ageism --reflected in the author's main character. Ronnie is a very old 50-something. She's thrilled to have a buff friend and mentor in his 30s. Seriously, this is her focus? She comments on having "older" friends. She's computer-illiterate so she needs a cop to tell her that she can search online for info. And she's phone illiterate, so she needs her niece to explain apps to her. It's annoying, and it's ageist, and it ultimately detracted from my enjoyment of what otherwise would be a lovely quick read.
This is a well written book that will keep you turning the pages to see what happens next. This is a clean book with a mystery to solve. I loved Warrior, what a dog! This is the first book I've read by this author, now I want to go back and read the rest of the books. in this series. Thank you BooksGoSocial via NetGalley for the complimentary copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.