Cover Image: Weight-Loss Hero

Weight-Loss Hero

A great guide to keto with proven successes through the author's own experiences.  Guide, tips, and recipes make this a great resource.
Christine Carter is a health-coach who gives her personal account of her struggle with losing or maintaining weight-loss.   She tells how she lost 150 pounds through the keto style of eating  but mainly by changing the way she thought about her self and learning her own self-worth.   I loved her personal accounts of her struggles and successes in changing the way she thinks about how food impacts our lives.   This is the first time I had heard of the author but I really enjoyed her first-hand account & her input.   Great book!

I would like to thank NetGalley and Zondervan for an advanced of this book in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
I have been looking for a good book about weight loss and this one was perfect. For years I have dealt with the yo-yo diets because I could never commit to just one. After reading this book it has come for me to give keto a try. I have major food allergies and one of them happens to be to wheat. I am going to give keto a try especially since I have this allergy to wheat. If you are someone who is looking for a great book about weight loss, give this one a try. It can't hurt right? I was given an advance copy via ebook to provide my review.
Christine Carter Starts off the book discussing her journey in weight loss. With colorful photographs and simple things that worked for her, the reaser will be drawn in and thinking "I can do this!"
Some interesting recipes. Takes keto plan into parts basically - like getting started, how it is set up and so on. Some plans and the recipes to go with it. Good for those who want a mix of recipes and information about the keto plan/diet.
This book was very personal and so much more than just a cookbook. This was a vey personal look at self discovery and learning to take control of your life on meal and one day at a time. It was both inspirational and motivational and I am so glad I decided to read it. I initially picked this because I dabble in Keto. And dabble uses the term lightly my family doesn't support the plan and me dieting for that matter so eating healthy and learning to follow a Keto lifestyle or even a relatively healthy eating plan has always been a struggle.

This book really helped me understand why it works for so many people and why I can still follow this even if my family eats other foods.

I really enjoyed everything about this book and think it is a wonderful addition to any kitchen and even if you don't eat Keto I believe that you can find healthy recipes in this book. Christine Carter is incredibly honest about her struggles and I find her very inspiring. This book is open, honest and real totally worth the read even if you don't want the recipes!!

I received this book from NetGalley and Thomas Nelson: GIFT for an honest review.
#WeightLossHero
#NetGalley
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for my digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

I requested this book because every now and then, I flirt with the idea of trying the Keto Diet. I have known some people personally who have tried it and lost weight so I am interested but the other side of me is also interested in becoming a vegetarian or at least eating less meat. This book was a great book, though, in that it was easy to read and very informative without being preachy. I loved that this was someone's own personal insight into having tried the diet and having great success with it. We learn what she tried, what worked, what didn't, and the mortifying things that happened to her to make her even try the diet. This is a book that would be perfect for beginners(or even people that have been doing it for awhile) as Christine includes lists, pictures, recipes, and so much more. Many of the recipes are ones that look so easy, I will have to give them a shot myself. :) While I did love the many pictures, all but one of them was her presently. I would have loved to see more pictures of the "before" keto diet.
I have followed Christine for awhile, so you can imagine my excitement when she posted about her book. Even more so when I received a copy of it!

What I loved most about Weight-Loss Hero was the journey. The inspiration. The motivation. Truth is, this book keeps it simple and keeps it to what worked for her. She puts things into perspective which is why I just love her so much! Real, raw, honest, Christine breaks it down to make it SIMPLE.

Love. Love. Love!
I have read quite a few books in this genre and I must say this is a good one. It covers all of your bases I mean body type, habits, exercise and recipes. I can tell this is book written with knowledge and love. I am so glad I picked this one!
Weight-loss herons more than just a diet book. Christine truly understands the how being overweight is about more than food. I really saw a lot of my same thoughts and feelings when she talked about her journey. Another thing I loved was that Christine was non-judgmental and didn't preach/talk down to those of us that still needed help to get going on our weight-loss story. I liked how she broke the diet into phases. It will definitely make it easier to stick to the program since it isn't too much as once. The recipes look delicious. I've already started following Christine on Instagram, and am looking forward to getting my own copy of weight-loss hero.
Thank you Net Galley for letting me review this book.  This was a good Weight-loss book.  I enjoyed her story on her weight battle.  She give some really good suggestions and help with using the KETO diet.  She also does a good job with explaining Fasting and how to do it.   I wished there were more recipes to work from on the diet plan.  All in all it was well done.  I will recommend it for our library!!!  #WeightLossHero #NetGalley
This book is mostly about the author's weight loss journey with lots of photos of her after the weigh loss, and then it explains about keto diet, and suggests a few recipes. It does explains very well about keto diet and gives you some grocery tips and what to order when visiting a chain restaurant or fast food. Exercise + keto + mindfulness = weight loss.

I got an advance reader's copy of this book complimentary from NetGallery in exchange for my honest review.
I am frustrated as I cannot read this book because there is no kindle format. The only format that the book comes in will not open to be read on any programs on my computer, chromebook, tablet, or phone.
This book felt like so much more than a cook book or a weight loss book.  It was inspirational and motivational in all the right ways, but with a personal insight that you don't always get.  I don't follow a keto diet myself, however, I have several friends that do and have been interested in learning more.  This book really did help to educate me more about the keto lifestyle and why it works for so many people.

I really enjoyed everything about this book and think it is a wonderful addition to any library, but particularly one for those who are striving to be health conscious.  Christine Carter is honest and frank about her struggles.  It's refreshing and real.

Thank you to NetGalley and Zondervan for an advanced e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I am not an overweight person, nor am I really interested in a keto diet but this book's cover caught my eye as there is no meat featured on the cover. I personally don't often see people promoting a veg keto diet, so I was interested to see if that was what this book is. I'm also always interested in finding new veg recipes and ideas.. (I'm a very lazy cook).

Although it turns out this isn't a veg book and there are very few veg recipes included (actually a very small amount of recipes altogether compared to what I was expecting), I did appreciate it.

The way the author has written it and included her own journey, makes it feel very raw and personal, which I love. It honestly makes you feel like you're having a conversation with a friend. There is so much information in this book, self-improvement activities and tips.. it is motivating, inspiring and it promotes self love.

I love the images and the pops of colour, the layout design is engaging and reader friendly. I also really loved the addition of meals you can choose from popular restaurants within the U.S that conform to the keto diet. Very cool.

If you are looking to lose weight and/or are interested in a keto lifestyle, this book would make a great accompaniment to your journey, like a friend going along for the ride with you.
RAW! This book strips it down for us. The author herself talks about her own struggles and how she talked herself through each problem. What worked for her, what didn't. You can feel her struggles and her hope through all of her words and she leaves you with hope and an "I can do this" feeling!

Thank you to NetGalley and Zondervan for an amazing book!