Cover Image: Lore

Lore

Following gods and mortals in the mortal world, Lore follows our main character who does not want anything to do with the gods who murdered her family. But when a childhood friend and wounded goddess shows up on Lore's doorsteps, she needs to put her feelings aside and help her friends. Even after only reading just an excerpt, this was definitely an interesting concept. Recommended for fans of Greek mythology and Hunger Games, especially older fans of Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
Excellent! If the Greek gods and the Hunger Games were to have a child, it would be this amazing book. I was lost in the beginning of the book but I was found towards the middle and the end. Everything made sense then. Just to think that I was going to DNF thos book. It would have been a mistake. This book captured me. It is one of the most anticipated book release this year and it did not disappoint.
Greek mythology is always intrigue.  And this story capturing my interest since page one.  I am not familiar with storytelling style from author but slowly it is warming me up.  Love it.
Lore is an action packed mythological adventure in a modern setting. The main character, Lore, gets caught up in a competition she thought she could leave behind. It was exciting from start to finish and rich in visual details. One thing that would have benefitted the book is more explicit details about the competition itself. Overall, though, it was a fun and unique book.
This book is an experience. I loved it. Fast-paced and easy to read. Witty dialogue and characters you want to root for. Miles was one of my favorite characters and I wanted more of him. Lore is such a strong female lead. The romance is subtle and doesn’t take away from the main plot though I wanted a tonnn more of it, I still thoroughly enjoyed this book. The action scenes were just to die for. I didn’t see that big plot twist coming, oh and there was another one I didn’t see coming. Lol. Read this book, you’ll be stuck in bed wanting to get to the end
Thank you NetGalley for providing me with this arc in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book. It had everything in it that I like in a book and I really liked how the characters and plot developed. I have read all of Alexandra's other books and have loved all of them, and her writing, so I knew I would probably love this too, and it did not disappoint. I cant wait to see what other work Alexandra releases in the future. I gave this book a 5/5 stars.
I already bought a personal one and one for the library! It is so good. It is like Hunger Games meets Percy Jackson and I am so here for this!
This was not one of my favorites.  There was too much information and too many names.  I read about 20% and gave up.  I might try again but this did not hit the spot for me.
i...
all that for them to have a happy ending? don't get me wrong, I'm all for them, but i don't think this story, and these characters necessarily deserved one? i think the darkness of this story should have carried through the end. ontop of that, the only characters i cared about were the main characters sidekicks, and i didn't care much for the romance or the lore (ha) behind the main characters.
Personally, I was incredibly excited to read this but it fell flat for me. It wasn't what I was expecting.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the review copy. The below opinions are my own.

This was an exciting chapter sampler which gives an initial glimpse into the world of Lore. I would be very interested in reading the whole book now.
Loving this chapter sampler, sad that it was not the whole book. Look forward to buy the book. This was just a nice sample, making me wanting to read more.
This book was intense and full of action.  I had a hard time putting it down to get real-life things done. Bracken does such a great job merging our world with mythology. Her writing immerses you in the world she’s created.

I loved all the characters even the evil ones. Bracken writes characters that you love and can relate to so flawlessly. The twists and turns in this book really surprised me and caught me off guard. I can usually figure out what is about to happen, but this one threw me for a loop.  I had all kinds of theories for why certain things were occurring, but of course, I was pretty much wrong about them all. This book will keep you on your toes for real. I’m so sad that this is a stand-alone. I would have loved to read a second book about these characters and this world.
Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for a digital Arc of this book.

DNF

I was bored, normally  I love books that have a mythology component, but this one wasn't for me.  The villian seemed one dimensional and cliche.

I might give it a second try later, but maybe this one just wasn't for me.

2 stars for a compelling idea, but.poor execution.
This early glimpse at the start of Lore was so much fun! I loved seeing a short view from Lore’s perspective, and the prologue of this story sent child’s down my spine—It was so beautifully crafted and I am excited to see what will come next in the rest of this novel
Lore by Alexandra Bracken is a book I've been dying to read ever since I heard Alexandra talking about her Young Adult fantasy standalone novel.... So I knew I would love this one because it is a greek mothology type of world/setting. Back in December or November I remember seeing this cover and said oh I'm totally going to be buying this and then January rolled around and I haven't bought it yet. Because, it was the January pick from Owlcrate! So thank u so much to Owlcrate and also Netgalley because I had an arc first before reading the physical copy.
 Lore is such a funny and fun and sassy and badass main characters. She wouldn't take no for an answer and I haven't read a female main character like that in a while. Lore was an action pack fantasy novel right from page 1 to the end. I hate to compare books to one another but if you love the Percy Jackson universe like I do then this YA Fantasy Standalone is for u! Also did I mentioned standalone. Although I kind of wish for a sequel too? Thanks to my friend Heather for buddy reading this one with me it was such a fun time!(:
Officially DNFing this one. I was really looking forward to this one but it just wasn't working for me. I really like Greek mythology but I think the mixture of that with modern times and a gladiator type setting just was too much. Many people out there seem to really have loved this book though so I'm in the minority and that's fine with me.
What a whirlwind modern tale with Greek mythology! I kept getting Hunger games vibes during the competition and it was epic. I wish there was more from Castor's side, but otherwise, it was great. It was definitely a more mature YA, and I could see how that would turn away some people. I am also very familiar with Greek mythology but for readers that aren't it might take awhile to get the characters sorted out.
I started this chapter sampler and realized I need more, I'm going to go finish the book now. Although so far the worldbuilding is a bit confusing I think as the story progresses it'll really clear up most of the questions I'm having.
Lore was not my favorite book, which is disappointing because I love The Darkest Minds series.  I don't really want to say more than that, because I think, at times, book taste can be subjective to the reader.  That might be the case with Lore.