Cover Image: No Offense

No Offense

This was a cute, quick listen. I didn't realize that this book was a sequel (well, in the same series) as No Judgements, and it really didn't feel the same as No Judgements did.
I thought it was cute, and as someone who works in a library (and is always wearing a cardigan...) it was relatable in a sense.

Though I have never found an abandoned baby in the bathroom. Can't relate to that.
Another addition to the author's Little Bridge Island series, No Offense is a romance book with a little mystery sprinkled in. While the relationship between Children's Librarian, Molly Montgomery, and Sherriff, John Hartwell, is fairly predictable with it's rough start and then mad dash into love, the mysteries of the High School Thief, abandoned baby, and a rough and tumble group called "The Sunshine Kids" helps give the story some meat and provide enough conflict for our main characters to develop and learn more about each other and what matters. A good light romance that keeps the pages turning and provides a satisfactory happy ending.
No Offense by Meg Cabot is exactly what I was hoping for in this quirky romantic mystery. Small town children's librarian Molly meets Sheriff John when she discovers a baby in the library bathroom. While this is technically part of a series, this can be read as a standalone novel. The characters are somewhat stereotypical, but that's precisely what made it so much fun. Meg Cabot is definitely an author I just pick up the book without bothering to read the description because a good time is guaranteed.
This is the second book in the Little Bridge Island series by Meg Cabot, but can definitely be read as a stand alone book, which is what I did. Molly has just become the children’s librarian on Little Bridge Island and is quickly becoming charmed by her new surroundings. Then, she finds a baby in the library bathroom. The sheriff is called in. John, the sheriff, has just returned to town to take on the role of sheriff. The mystery behind the abandoned baby causes the two to grow closer. It’s a cute and cozy read that has a happy ending that force you to smile.
Meg Cabot’s writing is always fun to read, even when she’s dealing with intense topics like tiny babies being abandoned in public library bathrooms. The librarian who discovers said baby (Molly) strikes up a tentative if strained friendship with the town sheriff (John) as she tries to get information about the baby’s identity from him. Their attraction builds while they unravel the mystery as Molly gets acclimated to life on Little Bridge Island.
I don't know if it's just me, but I CANNOT stand repeated phrases in a book that is not a picture book. In this particular book, we heard about John's sinewy arms and Molly's large, dark eyes a million times. And a couple of times John thought that her eyes were even bigger and darker than last time. I just kept picturing the demons from Supernatural.
Overall, this was not a very good book. It was cheesy and forgettable. The only thing that somewhat saved it for me was the fact that she was a children's librarian.
I enjoyed this book!  It was perfect for my mood and the Covid-weariness.  A small town on an island librarian and sheriff clash over how to find a thief, and then on what to do with the thief once found.  They also clash on what to do about a new mother and abandoned baby.  The  characters are fun and complex but not so much that it took away from this being a quick and easy read - just the right thing to cleanse my reading palette in these heavy times.
This book was delightful! The premise was very unusual and I appreciated the way the book had a librarian heroine. Meg Cabot never disappoints! However, I do think that this book is less funny/light than some of Meg Cabot's other offerings. I find myself returning to Boy Meets Girl, and The Boy Next Door over and over again because of the light, fluffy humor that puts me in a bubbly mood. This book is a little bit less funny, while still being very squarely a romantic comedy.
I particularly appreciated the way the heroine thinks about the male protagonist, thinking things like "I'd like to see what he looks like under that uniform" etc. I found these statements unusual and then realized that's because so many romances cast the female lead as uncertain or hesitant about love or sexuality. Meg Cabot has given us a heroine who knows what she wants and hopes for it clearly, just the way male characters are usually written. While it's jarring at first, on more reflection it's refreshing.
small town librarian meets sheriff when a baby is left abandoned in the bathroom of the library. as they work together to solve the mystery (along with other various crimes committed in town), they, of course, fall for each other.

there’s not too much to say about this one- it was cute, but wasn’t really unique. was kinda expecting more from such a prominent YA author, but I’ll give her extra points for a baylor shoutout :)

thanks to @netgalley and @harpercollins for the e-arc!
A children's librarian and a sheriff living on a tourist-heavy Florida key come together after someone abandons a baby in the library bathroom. Romance ensues, aided with pie.

This was the fluff I needed on a difficult Friday, but it isn't quite as satisfying as it could be because there isn't enough conflict! The fights the two characters were rather unbelievable, but their chemistry was solid... unfortunately the mystery to solve wasn't strong enough to make up for the easy romance. I liked the setting of a renamed Key West, because that would be an interesting place to be a public librarian.
Meg Cabot remains one of my favorite authors, I will pick up anything from her and recommend them to everyone. "No Offense" is a lighthearted read with plenty of librarian love. I felt a kinship to the crazy debacles Molly found herself in, and I loved the relationship between John and his daughter. The snappettes were also one of my favorite storylines (along with Elijah). This is an easy read that takes very little brainpower, and I mean that it the best possible way because THESE QUIRKY CHARACTERS. Honorable Mention: Molly's room with the piles and piles of books...ON POINT.

Give me more Little Bridge Island, PLEASE!
This is a perfectly fine, cute, quick read. The chemistry between Molly and John is primarily driven by stereotypes of their professions (i.e., the quirky, nosy librarian and the gruff, protective sheriff), but it wasn't necessarily off-putting. I enjoyed the town in which this was set; Cabot does a nice job incorporating fun side-characters.
Molly, the new children’s librarian, finds a baby abandoned in the library. When the sheriff arrives, their relationships sparks. Although Molly and John are attracted to each other, they seem to constantly disagree. As a librarian who reads cozy mysteries, I thought I would love this. It’s okay, but I didn’t love it. I think Molly tries too hard to have people like her (except the sheriff) rather than doing her job.
Cabot creates the most intriguing characters and the main character in this one is a children's librarian, so, of course, this librarian had to read it! Did I mention that its set in the Florida Keys there's also a hot, single-Dad Sheriff in town? You know she's going to be checking him out! (sorry, librarian humor, can't help myself). Add in a small town full of well-meaning, albeit nosey residents, an abandoned newborn, and an upcoming mother-daughter dance that's about to have a major change in the lineup, and you have a hilarious and heartfelt romance that will delight readers. I couldn't put this one down!
A small town romance between a librarian and a sheriff. This was a cute read. Some laughable moments and a little mystery thrown in. It took me a little to get into it but once I did I enjoyed it fully.

*Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a advanced copy of this book for my voluntary review. All thoughts and opinions are those of my own.**
Following a difficult breakup, Molly moves from her hometown of Denver to Little Bridge Island for a job as the new Children's Librarian. Everything is going smoothly in Molly's new life, until a newborn baby is found abandoned is the bathroom of the library. When the town's Sheriff shows up to investigate the crime, things start get heated, quickly. As the investigation intensifies, Molly finds herself torn between her desire and her believes.
I always get excited about rom-coms, especially Meg Cabot books! I loved her previous novel and No Offense was equally as cute and catchy. The characters were fun and enjoyable to get to know and the plot was entertaining. I don’t think it was a super memorable book but I had fun while reading it and definitely would recommend it for a solid weekend beach read. Thank you to Netgalley and William Morrow for a review copy.
Competent beach read for an afternoon. Perfect for fans of Nora Roberts. It is a pretty predictable story and the characters are stock images of their profession. It is was fine.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I am really enjoying this new series set on a Key West-style small island—seeing characters come and go and make cameos is a delight. This latest installment is frothy and fun and light, and watching these characters fall in love despite initial misunderstandings was the perfect HEA story.
Librarian Molly Montgomery and Sheriff John Hartwell are both recent transplants to the island community of Little Bridge following relationship implosions. But despite the town’s small size, their paths haven’t crossed before a newborn baby is abandoned in a restroom stall at the library, and the police come to investigate.

This is your classic attraction-at-first-sight romance novel with a cute set-up and characters that all fall somewhere on the spectrum from sweet to quirky. One of the strength is definitely Cabot’s skill in painting the town’s inhabitants with a colorful brush. Unfortunately, neither the relationship nor the plot’s driving drama (a series of non-violent home break-ins that may be related to the abandoned baby) has much of a hook for me. While there was nothing objectionable about the book, there was also little to keep me from wandering away and picking up something else.
NO OFFENSE contains moments of humor and could be the light-hearted summer read you’re looking for—especially if you’re vacationing on an island, or love the cop/librarian pairings. But it wasn’t quite what I was after in a romance right now.