Cover Image: Buzz Books 2020: Fall/Winter

Buzz Books 2020: Fall/Winter

It’s exciting to see books by incredible authors coming out soon! Most excited about books from Yaa Gyasi, Mariana Enriquez, and Nicole Krauss. A few of the exercpts were intriguing and I look forward to reading the more from authors I hadn’t read before this - like Camilla Bruce and Bryan Washington.

(There are some absolutely deplorable names in this list and whoever agreed to promote them in even a small way should be entirely ashamed of themselves and take a long look in the mirror. QTBIPOC authors deserve more promotion and pay than racist and abusive cis white men.)
This was my first time reading Buzz Books, and what a great way to get a preview of some must reads!
What a wonderful way of discovering new and upcoming authors and books! I adore adding titles to my endless TBR - thank you for enabling my massive book buying problem.
Excellent preview of upcoming books! Exciting to read about upcoming books from favorite and new authors!
Excellent guide for viewing upcoming releases available for request on Netgalley. Found a few new ones to add to my TBR!
This was my first time reading a Buzz Books edition and I wasn't disappointed! What a great way to add books to your "to be read" list! I will be reading more of these in the future!
This is such a great resource for finding new books to add to my TBR and scheduling what I want to request and review.  Loved it and can't wait for the next edition!
Love that you put together these! Easy way to pick some TBR books for the near future. Also a great conversation starter with fellow readers!
So grateful to NetGalley & Buzz Books/Publishers Lunch for providing these books every quarter! Looks like there are some great titles coming out soon!
I always love seeing teasers for upcoming books. It's like going to the movies to watch the previews to new movie releases. I go through the Buzz Books and pick out the books I MUST add to my reading list.
This was an awesome way for me to check out titles that will be coming out in the fall.  I hope that you continue to make these available!
Really useful for new releases - I love reading the excerpts especially from debut authors to get a sense of the writing style. My TBR list now includes a lot of books I wouldn't have known to include. Look forward to reading more.
Super excited to see what is upcoming in the fall. This helped me curate a list of what to keep my eyes peeled for. I also subscribe to Book of the Month and we are always trying to determine picks. I feel like this gives me an insider's look.
There are so many great authors whose books are releasing that your “To Be Read” booklist will take you to Christmas to complete. Sue Miller, Ken Follett, Alexandra Bracken, and more!

This is a great way to read excerpts from all the included authors and get ahead of the curve on the books causing all the buzz this year.

Read, build your list, and enjoy!
Rating:   5 stars

What’s not to love about a book-about-books?   There are so many blockbuster, up-and-coming, and debut author’s works excerpted in this book.  The choices have gone a long way to filling my reading dance card for a good portion of this fall and winter.   I started reading the excerpts provided in this compendium, and now I'm having a hard time waiting until their publication dates so I can finish the books!

Some up-coming favorites:

Sue Miller – Monogamy 9/8
Matt Haig – The Midnight Library 9/29

Commercial Fiction
Fannie Flagg – The Wonder Boy of Whistle Stop 10/27
Ken Follett – The Evening and the Morning 9/15 (prequel to The Pillars of the Earth)
John Grisham – A Time For Mercy 10/13
Gregory Maguire – A Wild Winter Swan 10/6

Biography and Memoir
Rick Bragg – Where I Come From: Stories From the Deep South 10/27
Philip Norman – Wild Thing: The Short Spellbinding Life of Jimi Hendrix 9/15
Michael Posner – Leonard Cohen, Untold Stories: The Early Years 10/6

‘Thank-You’ to NetGalley; the publisher, Publishers Lunch for providing a free e-ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I love this resource to plan my upcoming reads.  So much fun to read the snippets of the books and see what is my style or what I think I'll pass on.  This is so helpful to know what's coming soon.
Such a great resource for book lovers like me! Absolutely love being able to see all of the new titles coming out (and making a tbr list that is way too long).
I love the buzz books! They're very well organized, complete with images of the covers and descriptions, but I'm most excited about the excerpts. You can really get a sense of if you're going to like the book or not by reading the excerpt.

I'm so glad that they came out with them, but I do wish there was one specifically for young adult literature. I did find some gems in here that I plan on requesting, though! These include The Midnight Library by Matt Haig, Lore by Alexandra Bracken, and We Were Restless Things by Cole Nagamatsu!
This is such a great resource!! just writing a review so it doesn't pull down my percentage! Have to keep my 80% status!
love love love this feature, thank you! makes me want to read many of these titles NOW!! Cannot wait for release dates.