Cover Image: The Broken Hearts Honeymoon

The Broken Hearts Honeymoon

Read it in a night, loved it.I loads about Japan. In some ways it was a travel guide and others a story about finding your self. Charlotte was a great main character. I loved her clossness to her sibblings. The ending was perfect Matthew was so silly. Brilliant book
A really lovely, feel good story, which had great characters, a lovely escapism read, lovely scenic countryside and a book that I enjoyed reading.
Thank you to NetGalley for gifting me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

3 weeks before her wedding Charlie discoverers that her and her fiancé Matt are not on the same page about their future together so she cancels the wedding and jets off on their honeymoon to Japan on her own.
From there on the book is more like a Japanese tourist guide as we follow Charlie around. There is the odd sprinkling of a flashback to when she was with Matt and a group chat with her family but the one thing this book taught me is all about Japan! The problem with that is that Japan has never been a place I have wanted to visit so this was a bit annoying for me. Although the author describes the most beautiful places and I could almost smell the blossom the book was more about Charlie’s romance with Japan than a human and I’m not sure that is for me.