Cover Image: Do Not Disturb

Do Not Disturb

Must read!!!  Do Not Disturb is an edge of your seat thriller that truly stumped me until the very end!  Claire Douglas combines the domestic thriller and the cozy mystery sub-genres perfectly!  The storyline is perfectly paced, so much so that I never found a good stopping point because I HAD to find out the who, why, where, when, and how! I stayed up into the wee hours of the night to finish and paid for it the next day, but it was so worth it!  If your in the mood for a addictive mystery/thrilling I highly recommend this 5 star read!  Do Not Disturb is the first book I’ve read from Claire Douglas and I cannot wait to read more from her ASAP!
Incredibly creepy and complex, this mystery tells the story of a family's attempt at a new start after a traumatic battle with mental health issues, buying and renovating a home into an Inn in the Welsh countryside. Their opening weekend is upended when the Kirsty's mother, who is part-owner of the Inn, insists on allowing Kirsty's estranged cousin Selena and her daughter to stay with them. Reconciliations are made, although with a lot of uneasiness, as small things that Selena says and does do not add up.

Flawed but likable characters and a complex story. A mystery that's solved but also still has questions. This is a slightly disturbing and utterly chilling tale that will make you think about what you would do in similar circumstances. Compelling and definitely one I had to force myself to put down - highly recommended!
I didn’t realize I’ve already read this, but glad I got a little reminder of how chilling and unputdownable it truly was!  This book is definitely one that will keep you up past bedtime, covered in chills and holding your breath!  Original, realistic, fast paced, and tension filled fun!  I highly, highly recommend!  Promise though, clear yours schedule, as once you start you likely will have a hard time setting down!  Chilling, thrilling, shocking, and unputdownable are my words to describe this phenomenal read!
I love Claire Douglas’s novels. They are the perfect atmospheric, binge reads for anyone who loves a quick and easy thriller. This may be my favorite yet.