Cover Image: The Lost Love Song

The Lost Love Song

Did not finish. I tried a couple times and couldn’t get into this one. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for my copy.
Another great title from Minnie Darke! This was a beautiful story about love, music, loss, and the ability to find yourself again after tragedy strikes. Darke has such a unique writing style, which was evident from her previous release that I also enjoyed, Star-Crossed. I can't wait to see what heart-wrenching stories this wonderful author will write in the future!
I really wanted to like this one, but just couldn't get into it... Ended up DNF'ing. Other readers seemed to have enjoyed it, so maybe it was just me?
Started out ok, but lost steam half way through. I found myself skimming towards the end and just wanting it to be over. I don't think the main character Arie had enough development to be our lead guy and the "lost love song" chapters were fillers to the story. I should have known this wasn't for me because someone related it being like The Two lives of Lydia Bird which I did not enjoy.
This book was absolute sweet perfection. I was hesitant at first, but it grew into something amazing. I had this warm happy feeling in my heart almost the entire time. It helps you remember how sweet real love is, in a story as intertwined as movies like Valentines Day.

If your looking for something to help you feel all warm and fuzzy again, this is the book for you.
I loved Minnie Darke's "Star-Crossed" so my hopes were high for this one! I will say I think I enjoyed "Star-Crossed" more because it was such a unique idea for a novel, but I loved this book, too. I instantly fell in love with the two main characters, mainly Evie, and they were very well-written and likeable. I did occasionally get a little confused by the shifting perspectives because there were so many different characters involved -- it reminded me of movies like "Love Actually" in that way -- but that may have just been a me thing! Overall, this was a hopeful, uplifting story about love and loss and finding home.
The Lost Love Song by Minnie Darke is a good book, though very sad. There are lots of characters to keep track of, which was one challenge. But ideas woven throughout the book is an interesting, and somewhat uplifting one.
This is the story of a love song. And like any good love song, it has two parts.

In Australia, Arie Johnson waits impatiently for classical pianist Diana Clare to return from a world tour, hopeful that after seven years together she'll finally agree to marry him.

On her travels, Diana composes a song for Arie. It's the perfect way to express her love, knowing they'll spend their lives together... Won't they?

Then late one night, her love song is overheard, and begins its own journey across the world.

In Scotland, Evie Greenlees is drifting. It's been years since she left Australia with a backpack, a one-way ticket and a dream of becoming a poet. Now she spends her days making coffee and her nights serving beer. And she's not even sure whether the guy she lives with is really her boyfriend or just a flatmate.

Then one day she hears an exquisite love song. One that will connect her to a man with a broken heart...

Definitely have the tissues ready when you pick up this book. While I enjoyed this book, it was absolutely heartbreaking.

What I loved about this book:

1. This book focuses on the power of music, how it can draw people together and help mend a broken heart.

2. This book was so well written with amazing characters, this whole story will stick with me for a long time. The writing is poetic (a bit different than what I'm use to), but I absolutely loved it.

3. The author weaves together random events through the story that seem unrelated but end up all coming together at the end. While not everyone may enjoy this aspect of the book, I really loved it.

This unconventional, but absolutely beautiful romance is one you have to read.
I will for sure need to read this one again. Lot’s of characters and I got confused here and there where it was. It is lovely how a song can travel and mean so much to so many. I was totally gripped in certain spots and I could not put it down. Overall a good read.
I found this a little bit slow to get into, particularly since I got really attached to a character who dies. But it picked up as the book progressed, and by the end, I couldn’t put it down. I also thought the little “interlude” short stories were odd, but by the end, loved how they helped bring everything together.
4.5 stars.  I love a good serendipitous tale with all the parts coming together in a heartwarming way.  This is the story of a love song and how it worked it's way through the world and all the peoples' lives is touched, how it morphed, and the impact it had.  It was just a feel good story that makes a person still believe in magic.
4 1/2 stars.

I think this book will be with me for a very long time. It's sort of haunting, sort of tense, the feelings will linger and resonate with me for a while.

I semi-loved it. Can't say I loved it because I'm still anxious over it, ha. In a good way, though, I think
Minnie Darke does it again with The Lost Love Song. This is a book that packs an emotional punch. I don't want to give away too much with this review. But, let it be know that this is a book about deep love, loss, and the power of music.

Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for sharing this book with me. All thoughts are my own.
I received an eARC of The Lost Love Song by Minnie Darke from Random House Publishing Group-Ballantine and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
4 stars! This is a book about love, loss, hope, and a love song that finds its way to couples across the world. There is magic in a song. The Lost Love Song is not your typical romance book. If you're looking for a change of pace, I recommend this book!
honestly, this book had so much potential. like, it was a pretty cool concept with everything that was going on. but, it wasn't even that good. like, they would just talk and talk about something that was so stupid, and half of their issues could be solved if they just talked to each other. especially like their romantic issues, if they just talked it would have solved half of the issues. and also their romance went to fast, like we were supposed to believe that they were this strong couple. when in a matter of pages we got them to meet, a first date, and they were already moving in together. which, i just thought was kind of stupid. since, i mean, there also was so much breaking apart the text it just got to be annoying. cause, it would be a page or so in one person's pov, then there would be something like ***** and then they would break it down to it being someone else's pov. which just got to be a bit much after awhile. thanks for the arc tho!
This was such a beautiful book. I love how these stories all weaved together. I think it was so moving and I enjoyed all the characters.
This story was simply lovely. Easy to read with varied characters all of whom were likeable. The poetry was a good addition. Will definitely recommend fir purchase by my library.
After being engaged for seven years, Diana feels ready to marry her fiancé Arie. She feels so ready she even has composed a beautiful love song for him. But when a plane accident happens and kills everyone on board, including Diana, Arie was never able to hear it. In other parts of the world, Evie feels ready to settle down and find what she really wants out of life beside her dead end jobs and unrequited love with her crush. When this love song somehow plops into her lap, thus begins a chain of events that might bring the two together. You know what they say, music brings people together. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This book was so romantic from start to finish. I love a good multiple characters perspective and the beginning shocked me! I didn’t know what I thought this novel was going to be about but I was pleasantly surprised. Music is a big part of my life, it’s good for the soul, and I enjoyed this take on a relationship and bringing people together through emotional and heartfelt music.
I really wanted to like this. Love music, I'm married to a musician but I couldn't get into it
I really felt that I would have liked it better if Diana hadn't have died and maybe she just lost touch with Arie and that's why it would be the title of the book. I didn't like Arie and Evie together... Way too fast of a relationship
A delightful book. Diana is a very talented pianist who gives incredible concerts. She plans to marry the love of her life, Arie. What Arie doesn't know is that Diana is composing a love song for him. Diana hopes to finish it before the tour ends. However, a tragedy occurs, and Arie loses Diana forever. Arie, who lives in Australia, felt his world fell. In Scotland, a woman named Evie is taking stock of her life after the end of another lackluster almost relationship. After years she hopes she can find a place that she can call home. And through a turn of fate or circumstance, Diana's song has been passed down from musician to musician. By winding its way around the world, maybe there is a chance for these two souls to be happy. It is a story that made me reflect on the relationship between Diana and Arie. I understand the power of music since I studied the degree for a while. It's very romantic for me when a composer writes something for someone he/she loves. I think it is an expression of unimaginable love. I liked the narration in this book as it is moderately poetic and romantic. But above all, I love that this book emphasizes the power of music. I thank NetGalley and Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.