Cover Image: Christmas Ever After

Christmas Ever After

This is the PERFECT cozy Christmas read. I think we all need to get Karen Schaler a crown as the queen of Christmas literature! I will be purchasing this one for all of my friends to add to their "To Be Read" lists for the month of December.
I really enjoyed this book - the dynamics the relationships and of course my favourite time of year. I would love to go on a Christmas camp weekend where everything is taken care of with such a wide range of activities. A very pleasant read
This is an adorable and super sweet read. I read Christmas Camp last year? Two years ago? Whenever it came out. I thoroughly enjoyed that, but wasn't sure I wanted/needed a sequel. But when somewhere without a book, but with my Kindle - I thought why not? And I'm glad I did.

This is not really a sequel - it just takes the cute parts of Christmas camp and sets a whole new set of characters into a similar and believable situation. While the set up for this was super fun - all three ex-boyfriends at once. I was happy they didn't show up until half way through the book. It really allowed Riley and Luke's connection to grow without the others getting in the way.

If you enjoy Hallmark Channel movies - this is a great addition to the Christmas genre. It's also one of the ones that feels more modern and fresh than some of others out there.
This book is so heartwarming and beautiful to read, it truly got me feeling all festive and embracing the Christmas spirit as I got myself lost in the story.
The setting of Christmas lake sounds like a dream, somewhere magical and stunning that brings this christmas story to life.
And the Characters are all so wonderful and unique. Riley is so likeable and relatable at times, and following her journey as she begins to open her heart up to christmas again was heartwarming. Then there were the three ex boyfriends., each so different, but equally lovable in their own ways. And then, there is Luke. I found myself cheering him on from the start! I adored everything about this character, and as the relationship between himself and Riley blossomed as the story went along was beautiful.

A perfect Christmas read that has left me feeling all warm and happy inside. A definite must read!.
My brain has been overloaded by the reality of the world right now, and Christmas Ever After was a wonderful escape. It's a sweet Christmas romance, predictable in a comforting way, and features a cute dog.
A perfect clean hallmark style holiday romance. Featuring an idyllic mountain location and a handsome love interest. An ideal holiday escape x
Readers who are seeking a humorous, romantic, and festive read will enjoy this trip to snowy Denver, Colorado with romance novelist Riley, as she hosts a Christmas Camp for her fans. Although she already has quite a fan base, Riley's recent romance novel was not a hit, so her publicist and agent set up this special Christmas event to get her writing career back on track. However, Riley is not the Miss Christmas her publicist has portrayed here to be, but her surprising stay at Christmas Lake will change all that!

This book is by turns hilarious, sweet, and touching. The characters are realistic and the plot contains enough twists and turns to satisfy romance readers and Christmas enthusiasts alike.

I received this book from NetGalley and from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
This is potentially the best Christmas book that I have ever read. It is a Hallmark movie meets the Bachelorette. It has an amazing cast of characters, a sweet romance, a beautiful small town and Christmas magic. I would love to see this as a movie, it is sure to be a fan favorite.
I want to thank NetGalley and HawkTale Publishing for allowing me to review this book. I am a sucker for a Christmas romance and was intrigued by this author as she was the author of one of my favorite Hallmark Movies, Christmas Camp. This book is about Riley, an author who is losing the heart in her books, is given one last chance to have a hit. She goes to a Christmas Camp and has run ins with three of her ex-boyfriends. This is a sweet book that you should read if you love Hallmark movies like me!
What a fantastic romance.  Well written plot and character dynamics.  Can’t put this one down.  I received an advance ebook from the publisher and Netgalley.  This is my unbiased review.
Christmas Ever After by Karen Schaler.  Pleasant holiday read, just in time to get into the Christmas spirit.
Hello,

Thank you to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for the opportunity to preview the book.
Author Riley Reynolds is not a fan of Christmas as she lost her father at Christmastime when she was a young girl. Her last novel, a summer read, didn't do well and now she is promoting her latest offering - a Christmas love story. Her new publicist, Mike, has organised the promotional book event being held at Christmas Lake Lodge in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, hosted by Riley. Caught off-guard during a tv interview, Riley accidentally reveals details about having experienced great love in her past, but when three of her former loves see the interview, each of them believes she had been referring to them. Then Colin, Brendan, and Tyler put in unexpected appearances...

This is a light and heartwarming wintertime read that is just perfect with a mug of hot chocolate and a gingerbread cookie. Karen Schaler has created some delightfully endearing characters in this gloriously festive tale. Christmas Ever After is highly recommended for those who love sweet romances, Yuletide traditions, lots of snow, festive recipes, and Crimbo sweaters.

I received a complimentary copy of this novel from HawkTale Publishing via NetGalley at my request and this review is my own unbiased opinion.
A really great Christmas Story
Karen Schaler, Emmy Award-winning storyteller, screenwriter, author, journalist, and national TV host, presents the Christmas romance "Christmas Ever After", published by HawkTale Publishing. Author Riley Reynolds does not do Christmas due to the fact that she lost her father at Christmas time when she was young. Her last novel tanked and now she is supposed to write a Christmas novel. Margo, her agent, finds Mark, a "powerhouse publicist" who comes up with the idea is that Riley hosts an author event at a Christmas Camp in a winter lodge in the Rocky Mountains. Luke, the lodge manager has to jump in and take her place at a TV interview when Riley walks out of the interview, angry because of having been asked about her big love. But her statement has consequences. Her three former boyfriends, Colin, Brendan, and Tyler, show up unexpectedly for the camp. But there is another one who is in the run to be her true love. How will Riley survive the camp? And who will win her love?
This was the first book by Karen Schaler and by HawkTale Publishing which I read. I really love the book with its twist and turns and its realistic and believable characters. I highly recommend it to all readers who love Christmas romance novels. I also appreciated the Christmas Ever After Recipes, Activities, and Green-Friendly Christmas Tips that were included in the book and I am looking forward to read more from this author.
The complimentary copy of this book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley free of charge. I was under no obligation to offer a positive review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
#ChristmasEverAfter	#NetGalley
Christmas Ever After
By Karen Schaler

Author Riley Reynolds hasn’t celebrated Christmas since the year her father and sister died, even though she was only a child when it happened. This year she is dubbed Miss Christmas by her publicist in a last-ditch effort to save her romance writing career. Once a best-selling author, her last novel bombed. She has to get back on track with her Christmas romance novel or she will no longer have a contract to do what she loves best.

In desperation she agrees to host a Christmas Camp at Christmas Lake Lodge. Since the owner died and his wife retired to Florida, their son Luke has tried to keep it afloat. Competition from a new resort that is close by has taken its toll on the quaint lodge. Christmas Camp will be the last event held in it before Luke is forced to sell the family business.

The Scrooge Riley has become will soon be surprised when some of her ghosts of Christmas past turn up when she is least expecting them. Three ex-boyfriends have arrived at Christmas Camp, each of them convinced she still loves and has been pining for them. Now she has to decide if indeed one them is the man that will write the happily ever after ending to her story. But then there is Luke…could one of these four men ignite the spark she is looking for in her life and in her writing? It will take a Christmas miracle to find out.

This charming Christmas romance has everything readers love. Handsome men, a delightful setting and a dog that steels the show make Christmas Ever After the perfect holiday book. The characters are interesting and all have different thoughts and memories surrounding the holidays. They share the common goal of spreading the Christmas spirit with charity, kindness, family and friends – helping Riley rekindle her love for Christmas.

It is heartwarming to read a book that has a happily ever after ending. It is the first book I’ve read by this award-winning author, but won’t be the last. I have watched and loved her Christmas movies that can be seen on Netflix, Hallmark and Lifetime.  Be sure to check out the recipes and Christmas activities that are included at the end of the book. I can’t wait to add Christmas Lake Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls to our Christmas celebration.

DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: I have a material connection because I received a review copy for free from Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. Copyright © 2020 Laura Hartman
Although not a book I would purchase in my professional role, it is one that I will be recommending in my personal life!  Thank you so much for allowing me to have access to the digital arc!
This was the first book I have read by Schaler, but I loved Netflix’s A Christmas Prince, so I was more than happy to dive in!

I am a lover of Christmas and this book did not disappoint! I love books where someone believes in the magic of Christmas again and this book was that and more.

The main storyline did not seem to really pick up until over halfway through the book, which made all the romance seem to happen rather quickly, but I still enjoyed the characters and what each of them brought to the story.

Altogether, this was a lovely, festive, clean Christmas read! If you love Hallmark-esque Christmas stories, this is a perfect book for you!

Thank you to HawkTale Publishing and NetGalley for the review copy in exchange for an honest review!
An author who has to do a christmas camp and a novel about christmas, a season she doesn't like. Enter the manager of the christmas camp and sparks begin to fly. An enjoyable romance. Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for letting me review this book.
Karen Schaler is the writer behind Netflix's A Christmas Prince, so I was excited to have the opportunity to read and review this book. Christmas Ever After follows romance author, Riley, who hasn't celebrated Christmas in decades. However, when she's required to write a Christmas love story to save her career, she fakes being Miss Christmas at a fan-focused Christmas camp in Colorado, which is held at a lakeside lodge owned by the handsome (and single) Luke.

But this is just one part of the story, as when Riley is caught off-guard during an interview and mentions she's already met "the one," her three ex-boyfriends turn up at Christmas camp thinking she's talking about them. Revisiting each relationship through a series of dates, Riley does eventually get her own happily ever after...

So, Christmas Ever After was made to be a Hallmark Christmas movie. It's fun, it features a slew of likeable characters, but it also has heart and depth. You will be transported to Colorado at Christmas time through Schaler's writing and you will undoubtedly fall in love with Comet, the resident Bernese Mountain dog. Christmas Ever After also features original Christmas recipes and fun holiday crafts and activities. So if you want a fuzzy heartwarming book to read this festive season, I highly recommend Christmas Ever After.

Thank you to NetGalley and HawkTale Publishing for the ARC. All opinions are my own.
A modern-day Scrooge romance, set in a bustling New York City. The Christmas scene is set with a small cosy café, mulled wine, cinnamon and an arrival of snow. One unhappy Riley Reynolds is struggling as an author. A clash with an interviewer on television causes her to walk out mid interview.
A non-debatable travel to save her career results, all the way to Christmas Lake Lodge. This is a wonderland covered in snow and the scene is completed with hot chocolate, cosy fires and Christmas lights. The problem is that Riley really doesn’t do Christmas.
Riley meets the handsome owner of the Lodge, but the bigger surprise will be the three boyfriends of her past. Each believes that when she was doing the television interview, she was talking about them. We discover exactly why Riley doesn’t celebrate Christmas.  Riley remembers the love of each romance and makes discoveries of herself. During all this she discovers her true love and Christmas.
I found that this was an easy-going book that gave the reader the feel-good factor of Christmas. It was a good escape, making me want to read her other books and watch the films again.
I would like to see the novel as a film as I felt that I could envisage the typical Netflix Christmas romance through her style of writing.
Many thanks to Karen Schaler, her publishers and Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
Author Riley Reynolds is in for a Christmas season she will never forget.  While being interviewed on television she lets slip that she has had one great love of her life. Imagine her surprise when three of her exes turn up thinking’s she is talking about them.

If you’re looking for a Hallmark film in book form, this is perfect for you!