Cover Image: Skyhunter

Skyhunter

I have been a fan of Marie Lu’s work since the publication of her Legend series and her latest novel, Skyhunter, seems to exceed my high expectations so far. After reading the provided chapter sampler, I am very interested in learning what happens next. I especially like the characterization of Talin and cannot wait to see how she grows throughout the novel. This book has definitely been added to by TBR!
Marie Lu is one of my go-to authors and she has produced another excellent title that is the beginning of an exciting series. I have learned over time that I enjoy fast-paced plots over character-heavy slower reads, but Marie Lu provides both--compelling plots and well-developed characters. Recommended for fans of The Hunger Games and Ember in the Ashes.
I didn’t realize this was only an excerpt. I also didn’t realize this wasn’t a space book. I LOVE Marie Lu and I’m trying to get into this book. It’s a little hard to Iike the main character Talin. I don’t dislike her, but I’m not extremely invested in her either. The circumstances are interesting if odd. The way Talin is treated and her mother. I would recommend this book.
This book was surprisingly the first Marie Lu book I read and I thoroughly enjoyed the excerpt and am interested in reading ahead!
The characters and plot did not have much time to develop in the few chapters I read but they sounded intriguing and peaked my interest.
The world building started off at a medium pace which allowed me to absorb the information without much problem. I am excited to read more of Marie Lu's work!
WOW WOW WOW

I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did. I love Marie Lu's writing and liked the sound of the book but did not expect to become completely obsessed. Also the beautiful design off the cover really drew me in!
This book was so well written it is absolutely five stars. I can not wait for the sequel! The character development, world building, storyline, subtle hints of science fiction and just a dash of romance. I was sucked in from the very beginning and couldn't stop reading. That ending blew my mind! I was not prepared! I need more Skyhunter!!!
I really enjoyed this book by Lu. Talin was a flawed character who had depth. The story line wasn’t especially unique but I enjoyed the characters and the story worked.
Ok so this didn’t work for me. I could kind of tell from the beginning that this was going to be slow and the main characters voice was pretty generic, but I kept hoping it would turn around. But it only got more and more cliche. The internal narration also got so repetitive as the story went on. There was really nothing about this that worked, except for the stunning cover.
A book that many fans were waiting for, if you like the dystopian worlds that marie lu creates with her characteristic style, you will like this one, it is a new adventure of those great ones that the author creates, and with Legend she gave me to understand that dystopias they are his thing, he doesn't overwhelm you with romance, there are but not so cloying, and the story isn't hard to follow.
Marie Lus new adventure takes you on a wild space ride! I didn't realize i would love this book the way I did. it had so many unexpected twists and the plot blew me away. i adored all the characters and cannot wait to see what she does next
Thank you @netgalley for this extended excerpt of Marie Lu’s Skyhunter. It was just enough of the story for me to desperately NEED to read the entire book. 😭 I’ve only read one other Lu book, but this one seems to be a great fantasy read. Terrible monsters, a mysterious enemy kingdom, and I love that our hero is a strong young woman who cannot speak. I look forward to reading the rest of the book as soon as I can get my hands on it!
I didn't realize this was an excerpt when I made my request. Thus I waited to make my review after I read the full book.

If you love Marie Lu books, you will love this book! It is written in her normal style using a dysentopia world that has sci-fi and fantasy.

Talin and her teenage friends are Strikers and Shields which protect their city from science lab created ghosts. They go on a mission to help save their city with their new weapon Red/Skyhunter.

This book is fun and keeps you interested the whole time. There are no major plot twists that you don't see coming, but that didn't make me like this book any less. I did appreciate that this YA book didn't turn into romance between two characters. It was there, but it didn't take over the whole book which a majority of YA books seem to do.
"Skyhunter" is my first book written by Marie Lu. I've always been very curious about her books, so I am really excited. The writing style works well for me, and I like the descriptions. Can't wait to fully dive into this book!
Marie Lu is a genius and she has done it again. While this book doesn't wow in a way that brings new things to the genre, we love the genre for a reason. She has brought all the tropes we love (hello brooding love interest and found family) and gives it to us and a sleek, page-turning read. I loved this book and I can't wait for the series to continue.
When I downloaded this from NetGalley, I didn’t realize it was just an excerpt. These first few chapters have me completely hooked. I read it in about an hour and have the rest of the book on hold through my library.

I love the concept of this book. I have been needing to change up my reading and this will give me the perfect opportunity. I’ll definitely be recommending this one.
This book brought me back to when I first started reading! The vibe and setting reminded me of some of my favorites growing up. While I do love a good Sci-fi/Fantasy/Dystopian, I had no idea what I was getting myself into with this one. From the world building to the diverse characters to the plot twists I didn't see coming, I quite enjoyed Skyhunter. I loved that we had a dynamic MC who was mute! It's rare to have a MC with speech/hearing impairments. I loved the twists and turns, the descriptions of characters that made me feel like I was seeing them come off the page, and the overall story. This definitely was a favorite read from this year that I recommend trying.
4.5/5 stars.
The chapter sampler was interesting and I'd like to pick up this book to read in the future (didn't realize this was only a sampler upon requesting).
great sampler diving into another marie lu book! i cannot wait to read it in full later on. the character build up and world building is tremendously well done
*Review of the excerpt*

I loved this! The cover of SKYHUNTER already drew me in - how beautiful is this, please?! - but the beginning of this dystopian sci-fi fantasy mash-up of a novel did not disappoint.
I already feel like I know the world and can understand the characters. When I got to the end, I just wanted to go on and read the rest of the novel.

Amazing, fast-paced start! Loved it.
When Marie Lu announced Skyhunter I was so excited because it's a book set in a fiction world (and she's one of my favorite authors!) and I enjoyed the beginning, we already have some action scenes!