Cover Image: Hopeless Romantic

Hopeless Romantic

This book had me laughing out loud but also some truly raw and vulnerable parts.
Beckett runs a concierge business in her small town of Rome, Rhode Island while also caring for her autistic brother. She also is becomes some what of a special needs advocate in town and training service animals like Gregory Pecker the service......ummmmmmm rooster.
Handsome bar and marina runner Levi helps take care of his sixteen year old Niece but is finally ready to set sail until Beckett steps into the bar and his life.
With confident demeanor and wanting to keep things light they both realize they want more underneath. Neither one of them are used to putting themselves or their needs first and together they come to terms with what it means to live versus just survive.
Thank you #NetGalley and #Kensingtonbooks for an arc in exchange for an honest review
WOW this book had everything from the cool and collected handsome barkeep itching to get out of town to the frenetic energy of the town concierge who leaves chaos in her wake and maybe chicken feathers too. It was sweet and swoony and also steamy and emotional. As the 2nd book in the When In Rome series we get to continue some storylines for return readers however it is entirely a stand alone.

Levi and Beckett seem like they might be total opposites but when they start to get to know one another it turns out that they have the really important things in common. The author gave voice to Autism and Asperger's and specifically to the caretaker and what their life can be when they devote themselves entirely. It was a beautiful illustration of how impactful the disorder can be and how little the outside world can assume to know about what someone else might be going through as the caretaker.

Levi's family dynamic was such a key aspect of the overall story as well from his dad/uncle status to his greek mom and her need to have him visit.

I'm looking forward to more books by Marina Adair!
Oh Marina I so LOVE your books. They make feel all of my emotions and you write about some real life events that could happen to anyone (sort of) but you add humor to it. I can read your books every day and I want everyone else to read them to! They are fantastic! Thank you for writing such a wonderful book!
Beckett is trying to keep her head above water while running her business and caring for her autistic father and brother. Levi is dreaming of the open seas while he cares for everyone around him. Can they learn to take the time to care for themselves? This is a romantic story set in picturesque Rome, RI. It’s full of quirky characters and fun banter. I loved getting peeks in to Beckett’s home life with Jeffrey and Tommy. The ending felt rushed, and I closed the book with so many questions. How did the wedding go? Did Levi take his sailing trip or stay? Did Beckett go with him? Overall a fun little romance with very unique characters.
Oh I was so so happy to be able to read the second book in the When in Rome series. Beckett was easily my favorite. She is so stinking wonderful and her constant need to put everyone and everything above her own needs. She happens to find the perfect partner to help with the wedding with Levi. He challenges her to feel and be in the moment.

I loved so much about this book. Both characters work through some barriers. The talk of inclusivity in regards to understanding autistic needs and I loved how it shows Levi tentatively attempting to bond with Tommy in a respectful way.

The romance was just right with plenty of fun and sarcastic banter. Can't wait to see what comes next from Marina Adair.
Annie and Emmitt became my favorite couple in Adair's first book in the When in Rome series. Levi and Beckett became fast seconds because, really, Emmitt and Annie are still the best couples.

Beckett is known as the town flake. Always taking on too much and never delivering on any of it. Levi is the cool bartender. Awesome uncle, caring son, and the best friend a person can have. The problem is both of them put other people ahead of their own happiness.

Levi has crushed on Beckett for years, but when they are thrown together to plan the wedding of their best friends, sexual tension builds, sparks fly, the flirting is fierce, and hearts are on the line. As the two grow closer, each learns that they had let their assumptions about the other rule their interactions. Levi realizes that Beckett isn't a flake. She is a strong, young businesswoman responsible for running the household of her father and brother, who both experience life on the autism spectrum.

Levi isn't just the town flirt. He is a man who loves his family, his bar, and the boat he and his father never got to sail on.

This slow build romance has you cheering for the couple and wanting to annihilate anyone or anything that gets in the way of their love. Of course, their biggest enemies are their own insecurities.

There were a few points where the pacing was off. The characters would say one thing but do another. I almost thought we would get through the book with no major conflicts, and then the author threw the reader into a tailspin in the last chapters, building to a HEA that will make your heart melt. Not as good as the first in the series, but delightful all the same. Adair writes a nice small-town romance and knows how to build heat and leave readers cheering for the couple to the very last page.

A worthwhile romance to have on the shelves. Perfect for readers who like ocean settings, men who are emotionally aware, and strong female characters. There is never anything sexier than a man who asks for consent every step of the way and a woman who doesn't settle for less.
This book was so entertaining. I was drawn into the story from the beginning and was involved until the end. The characters were complex and interesting. I found the story to be well paced and engrossing throughout the whole book. I was invested in the couple throughout the book and felt all the emotions through both the highs and lows of the story.The side characters were such an integral part of this story as well. This is the love story i needed to read at this time. If you want an entertaining and well written book this is it for you
I love Marina Adair's books so I was super excited to be approved for this one. It did not disappoint. I was hooked from the beginning and will definitely be adding more from this author to my TBR.
Wonderful series, but then I also really like the author's Sugar, Ga series too. Strangely the last book that I read, also had a main character that is "on the spectrum". This one has one character that is autistic, another has Asperger's and the story explores how the other family members are affected by it. My next door neighbor has a child (now a young adult) with severe Autism and we have seen up close how hard these conditions are on the family members, ripping apart marriages, but also inculcating a sense of kindness, patience and empathy with the siblings. My neighbor has had to take the county school board to court many times to get her child the education that he needs. (She has won, every time).

Beckett Hayes may be a hopeless romantic, but when her mother deserted the family, leaving Beckett and her brother Thomas in the car, while she went into the grocery store and then ran,
she left 16 year old Beckett in charge, to juggle all those responsibilities that she couldn't or wouldn't. Beckett found the only way she could handle it all was, to create her own business as a jobber. But there is just so much she can juggle without running herself ragged.

We met Levi in the previous book. He also has put his life on hold for years, He and his father had planned a sailing trip, but then his father died and his mother and sister needed him to run the family business. Then his sister Michelle got pregnant, and she needed to help raise her daughter ....

Levi and Beckett are perfect for each other, if they could learn to every now and then, put their needs first. Read how they learn to do that.

I read an ARC from NetGalley.com. This is my unbiased and voluntary review.
Levi and Beckett had a love-hate relationship. They didn't really hate each other but knew if they got close they're gonna get emotionally attached. Beck often came to Levi's restaurant with her animals even though they're not allowed there as Beck trained animals for helping therapies. Levi learned about Beck's autistic dad and brother. Levi wanted to get close to her but couldn't. Then Annie wanted her bestfriend, Beck to plan her wedding which she agreed and Levi offered to help too as he's the venue owner. Beck and Levi started spending time with each other a lot. Levi finally convinced beck to give them a chance. They started dating, well secretly. Then things happened which led Levi to break up with Beck but he realized his mistake the next day. So, both Levi and Beck apologized to each other and admitted their feelings.
Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read this cute romantic novel.  I found it very slow in the beginning.  It is about a caretaker and her trials and tribulations.  And when it finally got interesting, the author rushed trough the ending.
Loved the first book and couldn't wait to read this one.  This is Levi's & Beckett's story.  They are both over extended with all they are trying to do and overwhelmed with obligations but neither are very good at asking for help or putting themselves first.  They have been attracted to each other for awhile, but haven't acted on it.  Their friends ask them to plan their wedding which gets them to start spending time together.  As they work on this they get to know each other and act on those feelings.  Of course at some point everything hits the fan and they have to come to terms that they need to put themselves first some of the time.
Hopeless Romantic
By Marina Adair

Marina Adairs delivers a lovely romantic read that is perfectly balanced between two main characters whose love life had always been put in the backburner - always sacrificing themselves for their families. I absolutely enjoyed this beautiful story that tugged at my heart strings. Beckett and Levi are just so perfect for each other and I loved their characters, their families and their quest for finding love - finally for these selfless people. Completely relatable as a nurse and caregiver when family obligations always takes priority. Amazing read I enjoyed in the When in Rome series.
I really enjoyed RomeAntically Challenged, so I jumped at the chance to pick up the next book in the series. The author does a great job combining romance with tough issues handled well and relatable characters that you want to root for. I hope the series continues.
Great book! I didn't know it is part of a series. Will definitely pick up the other book. I love the story and the writing style.
This is number 2 in a series, which I did not know when I began this. I susupect that it would be better to read this after the first one, but I think it is fine as a stand alone. It has a hero and heroine who are both at a time in their lives where they have given their all for their families and it is time they make their own lives and love lives a priority, especially as they have some serious chemistry! It is a good romance and worth the read.
Hopeless Romantic is literally the best romance read I have read this year! First off I love that a portion of royalties to benefit The Organization for Autism Research that alone should speak volumes. As the second book in the When in Rome series by Marina Adair I just knew it was going to be awesome! I love how she still kept it sensitive and sweet! The small town romances always get me and this one really warmed my heart I loved Beckett and her sassy self. Levi and Beckett's story is a MUST READ!
Part of a series but most of info is given out.

I was not feeling this. I love Beckett. She has a lot going on but she is a great person. I felt like i was dropped in the middle of a story and left in a middle of a story. Levi was kind of a D#*k.

Not to fond of it. Not badly written.
When we first meet Beckett Hayes in Hopeless Romantic, the second book in the When in Rome series by Marina Adair, she is rushing around from job to job. Beckett is the full-time caregiver for her brother and her dad, who are both on the Autism spectrum. She has been taking care of them for so many years, that she has had to put her needs after theirs. She has decided that the only way to be available is to form her own concierge business, Consider It Done. One of the services she offers is meal delivery from local restaurants. Owning her own business also gives her the opportunity to follow her passion of training service animals.

One of those restaurants is the Crow’s Nest, which is owned and operated by Levi Rhodes. Levi gave up his dream of sailing down the coast when his father passed away and his sister had a surprise pregnancy. He put his life on hold to help care for his niece and run the family business, but now that his niece is a teenager, can Levi find the time to complete his lifelong dream?

Although Beckett and Levi are at odds over more than just a meal delivery service, they will have to learn to work together to get the Crow’s Nest stable so Levi can take his trip. Beckett and Levi are both strong-willed people who are fighting for their needs and wants and a future that will have to adapt in order for them to reach their full potential. Can they overcome the barriers of family obligations and stresses to really open their hearts for love? A love that could be a once in a lifetime?
Release Date: January 26th 2021

📖📖📖📖 📖

Beckett is Rome Rhode Island’s first personal concierge. She’s even trying to expand to include take out delivery from the crows nest. However owner Levi has other plans. These plans include Beckett but not a lot else that she typically brings with her, such as Gregory Pecker the emotional support chicken. Her frenzied and forgetful father and her sweet struggling brother who has ASD. The more time Levi spends with Beckett the more he is absolutely entranced. She gives so much and expects so little. But Beckett’s life is chaos and unpredictable so she’s had guys think they’re in it for the long haul only to bail at the first turn. Levi just might be different...

I love this book. After two meh books and a dry bio I was thrilled to have a book I could sink into and look forward to. It’s so delightfully romantic and fun. The characters are wonderful and vivid. I love how Levi approach’s Beckett and how she responds. It’s a hopeless romantic book.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions and thoughts are my own.

#bookstagram #netgalleyreads #bookrecommendations. #hopelessromantic #marinaadairauthor