Cover Image: The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook

The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook

This is a great cookbook for Disney fans!  The recipes include all of your Disney park favorite foods.  The recipes are simple, with easy to follow directions; perfect for beginning cooks/bakers. I can't wait to try out a few of the recipes myself. Each chapter gives an overview of each park, the foods associated with it, and where to find them. I especially enjoyed reading the backstories of each restaurant and each dish. It made for a fascinating read! This book would make a great gift for all your Disney fan friends!
This is the best gift for any Disney and food lover.  I feel like I'm actually inside Disney when reading this book.  There are maps for every Disney park with recipes for the food you can get in that park! One thing I love about the book is that it doesn't just feature sweet recipes.  There are savory recipes too like Cheeseburger Steamed Pods from Animal Kingdom and Loaded Buffalo Chicken Tots from Magic Kingdom.  The famous Dole Whip and The Grey Stuff is also in here! Could you ask for more in a cookbook? The recipes are easy to follow and would be great to make as a fun family activity.  The pictures are gorgeous and the book itself is a great quality has a permanent place on my shelf.  I'm so excited to have a Disney party and showcase all of these fun recipes so we can pretend we're actually in Disney.  Can't wait to eat around the parks at home! Thank you SO much for this ARC!
The Disney-oriented cookbook market has pretty stiff competition, I’d imagine. This cookbook has recipes that seem easy enough, but the layout was too crowded and not enough photos.

I’ve been to Disneyland twice, and to DisneyWorld more than I remember, but I don’t have a clear picture of all of these foods. I need photos in the book to tempt me into making the dish!

I’m rounding 3.5 stars to a 4.
The premise of the cookbook is really interesting - a virtual trip through the various Disney Parks of the world, through the tummy. I've never been to any of the Disney Parks, and the Modern Family's episode on Disneyland made me laugh out loud a little too much.

The beginning pages of the book introduce the history of the Disney parks across the world. The recipes are arranged in the order of the inauguration of the Disney Parks and the introduction of different food items in the actual parks.

Going into this book, I did expect a lot more photos. Of the dishes themselves, because I'd like to see how they were supposed to look like, the Disney way. For example, there is a recipe for Baklava in the book. I know how Baklava looks, and there is a photo of the Baklava alongside the recipe too. But there is a recipe for Stracciatella Gelato, which I've never heard of before, and I would have appreciated a photo of it.

Another gripe about the book is the equipments page. Given the number of equipments that were introduced as necessary for the various recipes in the book, I would have expected them to be arranged in order of necessity - for example, all the equipments necessary for baking, making ice shavings, etc. But they were arranged in alphabetical order ,which makes it difficult to get them easily during a shopping spree for a specific recipe. Alphabetical orders of arranging equipments have already been incorporated in the references section only, and that is the usual go-to when searching for something in a recipe book in a hurry.

The recipes also don't have vegan or gluten free options, which could be a potential issue for vegan readers and readers with allergies. Given that this book is an unofficial Disney recipe guide, it could have been possible for the writer to provide healthy alternatives, instead of sticking to recipes which oozed of vegetable oil and different types of sugar.
I love that this book includes all of the most popular Disney World treats! The recipes I have tried so far have been very very close to the real thing, and in a time when traveling to the most magical place on earth is not possible, these recipes give me the magic at home!
The cookbook is nicely arranged by parks. Delights found at the Norway Pavilion at Epcot, fit nicely alongside German pavilion offerings. Recipes from Hollywood studios can be found grouped away from California Adventure. The recipes range from very easy - creating Future World Croissant Doughnuts with refrigerated biscuit dough to the more complex mousse filled Mickey Mouse shaped macaroons.  Some ingredients I am unfamiliar with, but a quick search yielded several online sources.

Whether it's the middle of a pandemic, or a cold wet weekend at home, it's always a good time to prepare food that reminds my family of fun times. My only complaint... I would love more photos. After years of cooking blogs that take pictures of each step, I have come to expect tantalizing photography enticing me back to the kitchen.
My Disney-loving heart sings! This is the most delightfully fun cookbook, and I was happily surprised at not only the number of recipes, but how much effort clearly went into each one.

I grew up in Georgia, so not necessarily close to Walt Disney World, but not so far that I had to fly to it. I'd been a few times as a child, and once as an adult just a year ago almost to the day. It's one of my favorite places, and the cookbook had several of my favorite snacks. The editing is clean, cleaner than many of the cookbooks I've looked at lately, and you can tell a lot of love and effort went into it. It made me actively want to seek out Disneyland all the way in California just to try some of the sweets that aren't available to me in the Orlando parks.

I am taking a star just for the lack of ease in the technical execution of the recipes. I just wish it were a little more accessible in terms of making them. Some of it I understand, but the equipment suggested at the beginning is excessive, especially considering when I got to some of the recipes that called for some of the more tricky equipment (looking at you, ice cream machine, electric pressure cooker, and immersion blender), you could easily have used other options rather than the suggested equipment. Craft does acknowledge this, to be fair! It does make the recipes more difficult to make without the fancier equipment. Also, more food pictures. The pictures that were there were bright and colorful, really lovely and inviting, but I wish there had been more of them. There are a surprising number of recipes in the book, but the ones I felt most excited to attempt were the ones with pictures.

Now I just have to show some restraint with the Dole Whip recipe. As my sister has to remind me whenever we go to Disney World, "You can't have Dole Whip for EVERY meal."
Need a stay-cation during CoVid quarantine, pick up a copy of The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook and feast your way through the parks.

Full of wonderful park trivia and info about the locations and eateries each recipe comes from this book will delight the tastebuds of  your family.  You can relive past park visit or plan future visits.  These dishes will get the family talking and excited about all things Disney.
This is a must buy for any Disney fan.
Disney Park Cookbook ⁣⁣⠀
⁣⁣⠀
Swipe to see some pics from this cookbook ⁣⁣⠀
⁣⁣⠀
Calling all my Disney Fans!!! You have to check out this cookbook! It is filled with yummy foods and drinks from all around the parks! ⁣⁣⠀
⁣⁣⠀
I’m a huge Disney fan, and one of my favorite parts is eating all the good treats! I love all the gorgeous cupcakes, the crazy beverages in Pandora, Mickey Pretzels, and of course the Dole Whip! ⁣⁣⠀
⁣⁣⠀
There are so many of these popular treats and more in this cookbook! ⁣⁣⠀
⁣⁣⠀
I have a list that we will be making over Christmas to spread some Disney love through the season. We can’t be there right now over the Holidays, but this is the next best thing! ⁣⁣⠀
⁣⁣⠀
This would be a wonderful gift for a Disney lover! ⁣⁣⠀
⁣
⁣⁣⠀
OMG this is fabulous book!
I can’t wait to make them all they actually all look delicious 🤤 and I want them all!
which one to make first is the question
This is next best thing as I don’t think we will be going there anytime soon!
We can all dream of Mickey x
Thanks NetGalley for the Arc copy to start cooking and baking in exchange for an honest review.
Bring out more!
Well, if there has ever been a time that we've needed to create a little Disney magic at home, this is it. The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook by Ashley Craft arrived not a moment too soon! My husband and I cooked recipes from this book for a full week and I'm excited to share the results!

Bengal Beef Skewers, Bengal Barbecue, Disneyland: We're coming out of the gate with a banger. These skewers we're so easy and flavorful. I will absolutely incorporate them into the dinner rotation. The recipe says it serves 6 but maybe they meant as a snack or an app? As written the recipe made 3 adult dinner servings. I'm also confused about why it has you make a double portion of marinade and set half aside, never to be mentioned again... But I'm not mad about it, will just make again next week.

Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwiches, Sleepy Hollow, Magic Kingdom: These were absolutely lovely. My husband had class the night we made these so I used frozen chicken strips to save a little time. The sweet and spicy sauce and the cool coleslaw were the perfect contrast. We don't have a Mickey waffle iron so we stuck with a traditional round, which seems to be what they do at Disney anyway.

Pizza Spring Rolls, Adventureland Egg Roll Wagon, Magic Kingdom: What I love about Disney snacks are the positively sacrilegious and unapologetic fusion foods. Let's put pizza toppings in a spring roll, WHY NOT?! This recipe worked perfectly exactly as written. The recipe calls for egg roll wrappers, which technically makes these egg rolls, not spring rolls, but if your grocery store stocks spring roll wrappers I suspect you could easily substitute. Also next time I'll serve with a cup of pizza sauce to dip, like they do at Disney.

School Bread, Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe, EPCOT: The Norway Pavilion School Bread has a real cult following and I can see why. These were fun to make and made for a delicious brunch. I was skeptical about the amount of yeast in this recipe, and mine did puff up a little bigger than I was expecting. I halved the dough recipe but ended up needing the full amount of filling, so if you're making 8 you may want to plan accordingly.

Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshakes, 50s Prime Time Cafe, Hollywood Studios: I'm speechless, this was absolutely perfection. So easy, so delicious. No further comment your honor, 💯💯💯.

Cheeseburger Steamed Pods, Satu’li Canteen, Animal Kingdom: Despite watching several YouTube videos in preparation, boy did we suck at folding bao. Folding fail aside, this was a fun new cooking technique to learn and try. We also messed up a little bit on the filling-to-bun ratio, but these were tasty despite our many, many errors.

Just a few things I'd like to note, I do wish that there was a picture with every recipe. I kept having to Google pictures of the real deal to check if I was assembling/plating correctly. I also would've liked more details for certain ingredients, for example instead of calling for a "one pound package of kebab beef," I'd like to just know the cut of meat I'm looking for, as my store doesn't stock pre-cut kebab beef. Lastly, some of the serving sizes and ingredient ratios seemed a little off occasionally, so keep an eye on that when you're cooking, but none of these were dealbreakers for me.

In conclusion, we thought this cookbook was absolutely magical. If you can't go to Disney (we're the middle of in a global pandemic, you may have noticed) you can certainly bring a little pixie dust to your kitchen. The recipes were easy to follow, the visuals were lovely, and narratives, cooking tips, and fun facts were informative and well written. Buy it for yourself, or if you've got a Disneyphile in your life I think this would be a home-run holiday gift. Then you can just whip up one of these bad boys, turn on your humidifier, put the heat up to 90°, and imagine yourself baking in the Orlando sunshine as you bite into the Disney treat of your choice as you escape from this pandemic hellscape for one hot second.

Thank you so much to NetGalley and Adams Media for sharing a copy of this book with me for review!
I just finished going through this cookbook and there are SO MANY recipes I want to try! I'm in the process of expanding the content I post to my Bookstagram to include baked goods, so at least one or two of these will definitely be appearing. Thanks so much Netgalley for providing an e-arc of this! I hope to get my hands on a physical copy when it's released!
i’m not really sure how to write a review for this book, cause on one hand it was super cool to see the different foods but also it’s not a novel. but, i do think a lot of the meals and drinks sounded super good and i can’t want to try out some of the cookie and desserts.
I was so excited to see this cookbook! I’ve not been to Disneyland in 35 years, and haven’t been to Disney World in 18, but I remember the food. Boy do I remember some of those treats! Getting this cookbook gives me access to recipes that will be similar to those I remember, and new recipes for food I haven’t been lucky enough to try but have heard tons about!
When my tween daughter found out about this book, she actually pulled herself away from the video game she was playing to ask how many of the recipes will I be making, and if there’s anything in the book that I thought she’d like to try. She’s super picky, but I know that she’s going to be lining up to try whatever I make!
With easy to follow recipes this cookbook is a no brainer for those who love Disney and love to cook. I’m excited to have my tween help me as we work our way through all the yummy sounding recipes.
**I received an ARC of this book from the publisher and NetGalley and this is my honest and voluntary review.
The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook by Ashley Craft is a delight. Eating at Disney Parks is always a culinary experience. I have already made the Bengal Beef Skewers from Adventureland, Disneyland. They are tangy, salty, sweet, and juicy. I cannot wait to recreate more of the Disney Magic at home. The cookbook’s recipes are grouped into park name and location. This is a great setup for the book because he recipes will be easy to find after a visit to the parks.

***** I received an ARC from NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for my honest review. *****
First things first i would like to thank netgalley for the ecopy of the book.

When I first saw the book I knew it was going to be a whirlwind experience, I have not had the chance to make it around to Disney World or Disney Land But I have heard of all the wonderous food that the parks had to offer.  While flipping through the pages I became ecstatic to begin cooking and trying them out  it was a wonderful time to spend with the family and friends we had a blast cooking up come  magic and needless to say the recipes live to the hype. I did have to stock on some supplies as mickey mouse waffle iron, cookie cutters as such to feel the full experience whoever I feel like they are not necessary as the recipes speak for themselves.

The unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook is a mouthwatering cookbook full of delicious treats Disney fans will love.
I've never visited Disney land in America only the one in Paris, but the food (even though it sounds unhealthy if you ate it a lot) looks fantastic in this book especially for children.
I just wish there were more photos within the book as a photo to accompany each recipe would have been fantastic.
This book is the PERFECT book for any Disney fan. It seriously included all of my favorite Disney recipes. From the Grey Stuff to a Ronto Wrap to the mac and cheese hotdogs I love so much, it really encompassed everything. I love that it was clear to follow, had images, and really offered clear instructions. I love that it had recipes too from both coasts! If you are a Disney fan, I highly recommend this book to fill that craving for Disney foods.
Such a lovely book!

This is a food "love letter" to Disney Parks.
It has details about the parks, (literally) puts the recipes on each park's map and delves a little into the significance and innovations of food for these specific entertainment places in the big Disney business.

This book is an adorable collection of fun, sweet and sour recipes, colorful and delightful. Some are easy to make, some take more time and skill, but they all seem perfect for parties, to enchant little ones and adults. The only think I would have wished for - more photos to show the final product.

More than a simple cook book, you can feel the author's love for Disney's parks and their food that had such an impact on her childhood and adolescence. For this only the book is a gem, a true work of passion.

It's a great book to have in your collection to try something new and an absolutely perfect gift for any Disney parks' fan.
I loooove this book. The fact that I have recipes to some of my favorite eats and drinks from Disney Parks is freaking incredible. I also like that there are some learning points about some of the different treats. I can’t wait to try the things I’ve deny myself in the past. If you’re a Disney Park fan like me and like the different treats or just looking for some new dishes and drinks to try here is a great place to start.