Cover Image: Her Marine Next Door

Her Marine Next Door

What first drew me to this book was the cover. It's simply amazing and I love it. And when I read the blurb I was even more excited to read the book. It started off really great but then the more I read the less I liked it and about half way through I started skimming just to get to the end. Based on the blurb I was expecting a different story. Once Parker's ex was introduced the book took a turn I didn't care for. On top of that I had a hard time connecting to Skylar from the get-go. And I also wasn't a big fan of Parker, the hero. He made some questionable decisions in my opinion. And the chemistry between Parker and Skylar, I did not feel it, at all - but, they were sweet together in the end. I enjoyed some parts of the book anyway. But other parts were a catastrophe for me and I didn’t enjoy them at all. It was disappointing because it was either really good or really bad. There was no inbetween. I also feel like the plot was not flowing. That's why the book dragged and I had to push myself to finish it.
Oh well, I loved the concept but I don't think the execution was the best. I’m still looking forward to reading more books by Ms. Burke but this one didn’t quite excite me as much as I had hoped.
This is my first book by Aliyah Burke. And I definitely will be reading more.
I loved how clueless Parker was, as he was falling for his neighbour.
I’m hoping the other Marines get their own stories.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing an arc in exchange for my honest review.
My first by this author, but not the last!  The cover and the blurb got my attention.  In an enemies to lovers story that moves quickly, we have Skyler and Parker.  He is the carefree bad boy, and she is the reserved artist with the biggest heart.  As neighbors, they have been on each other's radars, but have not acted upon them.  Parker’s world is turned upside down while he is home recovering from injury, putting Skylar in his path.  As the two make nice for others, the pretend become real.  Will their pasts prevent their future?
This was a great, easy read.   A real enemies to lovers story.
Parker is the bad boy marine who lives next door to Skylar.  He is always throwing loud parties with lots of woman and little regard for her privacy or property.  But life throws Parker a huge curveball and he recruits Skylars help.  Pretending to be his fiancé for just a short while will soon feel more real than fake.  But Skylar and Parker each have a lot of  in their lives they must work through in order for them to find a happy ending together.
Great characters, and I enjoyed the story.
I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I was so intrigued by the story line of this book.
It took a while for me to settle into the story but im glad i stuck with it.
I love how it described what was happening from both Parkers and Skylars point of view, and we werent left waiting for a book from Parkers view to read afterwards.

I would be happy to read a second book of Parker and Skylars story if it were to come out.

This book was sent to me by Entangled publishing ahead of its release date in exchange for an honest review.
I had a hard time getting into this one, but once I did, I enjoyed it.
I don’t know how Skylar put up with Parker. Many times he acts like a big kid. And not in a good way. Cullen is a very sweet character. I’m a big fan of the parts he is in.

I loved the cover and I love the description, But I did not care for the book at all. The first chapter started out good. I thought I was going to love it. It quickly went south for me with the ex, and all that. It changed the entire direction of the book.  I struggled to finish reading it. I skipped to the last few chapters to see what happened and even then I was struggling.
Her Marine Next Door is a romance you just can’t  put down. A must read for anyone that loves a hate to love story with a hot marine. The book was very well written and kept you wanting more. I loved the ending, but I still wanted more from this couple it was that good!
I recieved this as an ARC from NetGalley. This was the frist time I had read anthing written by Aliyah Burke. I loved Her Marine Next Door so much. I couldn't put it down and ended up reading it in a day. It was extremely well written. I loved the characters. They were relatable. I am interested in reading more books by Aliyah Burke.
Great book!! I really enjoyed reading this one! The beginning I was kind of iffy about it but I'm really glad I stuck with it!! This book had heart!! It was a little bit of a tear jerker at times but also filled with laughs some suspense and drama!! I highly recommend this book!! Thank you Netgalley and the publishers for sharing this book with me!