Cover Image: Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice

This is such a pretty edition of my all time favorite book. I really need to invest in the hardcover, because this is P E R F E C T I O N !
I think this collectible version of the classic Pride and Prejudice is a great addition to any fan's collection. I know I am looking forward to having both physical copies of Pride and Prejudice and Emma. Many of the illustrations are subtle, but I really like the full pages as well. The style fits the time period and it just makes it even more enjoyable to read. The illustrations are so beautiful!
I don't think I need to get into how great P&P is, we already know that right? But I do want to highlight that this is a wonderful new edition with illustrations by Marjolein Bastin. Throughout the book little flowers, birds and butterflies pop up in the corners and bottoms of pages. It is a delight!

Some examples
Pride & Prejudice has remained a favorite of my for years. It's a beloved classic that everyone should read to get glimpse of how women and men's role were pereived and carried out in society. It isn't just about it's namesake, the victorian era has much to be said about how society is in today's world as well. It's also about family and of course love and overcoming fears and childish inclinations that might hamper the reality that we still live in today.
I was privileged enough to recieve 3 advance digital copies from the  Marjolein Bastin Classics Series. Her artwork blends perfectly with the books and doesn't overshadow the text. I love floral artwork and am glad that Marjolein chose flowers to be her focus. The books chosen are all time greats, and even though I have copies of them already, I will definitely add the hardcovers to my collection.
i will never get tired of loving this book! and this version? absolutely lovely and a must-have! this book never fails to captivate my heart in any form !
such a good book i recommend watching the movie first and then reading the book so you can understand the dialect a little bit more i was a bit confused when i first started it and once i watched the movie it made more sense and highly recommend the book
I think it is fair to say that most people aren't coming to this review for my feelings about the novel, but rather how I feel about this particular edition. This is a perfect collectible for an Austen lover, best read in the print format. The illustrations are beautiful and add to the ambiance of reading this classic novel. I highly recommend this edition.
Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books of all time for so many reasons. There is something so special about the story, the humor, and the romance but paired with the beautiful illustrations by Marjolein Bastin seems to only make it better. I personally love to collect classic literature but only those books with the most beautiful cover design. This version would be a beautiful addition to anyone’s classic collection. I could also see this as a wonderful gift for kids (probably 10+), because of the beautiful floral-inspired illustrations. This edition could be a great way for parents to introduce their younger children to the world of classic literature outside of children’s books. Although, I believe this collector’s edition is beautiful for just about anyone who loves Jane Austen.
I loved rereading Pride and Prejudice surrounded by the gorgeous botanical illustrations. The main thing that I want to review about this edition is the illustrations, of course!! They were absolutely stunning and gorgeous and it made me excited to finish a chapter just to see the final illustration. They also fit in with the story very well. Gorgeous!
I’ve had Pride and Prejudice on my TBR list for years and was delighted to get the chance to read this copy. Unfortunately I was incredibly disappointed with this one. I took every ounce of will power I had to finish this and not add it to my DNF list. I found it very boring and frustrating. The amount of useless gossip and the overall Whitney tone of the book was enough to drive me insane. I am far from a feminist, however Austen paints the females in this book as helpless, vapid, creatures with nothing better to do than gossip and try to find a husband. The only redeeming quality this book had were the stunning illustrations by Marjolein Bastin.
Pride & Prejudice was a seminal reading experience for me. It, in many ways, guided me to where I am now in that it set me on the path of studying English literature. I devoured all of Jane Austen's books and the Brontës were next on my list. Jane Eyre was a revelation, as it continues to be for many readers, in how it broke with tradition and gave the reader an insight into a fascinating mind. I have ended up re-reading these books countless of times and I have discovered new ideas and themes each time. So naturally I find myself poring over various editions, always looking for those new angles. The Marjolein Bastin Classics Series was the latest.  I will be reviewing these two together, since this review will mainly focus on design and layout, rather than the texts themselves. Thanks to Andrews McMeel Publishing and Netgalley for the copies of the books in exchange for an honest review.

There is something about both Pride & Prejudice and Jane Eyre that provided something of a roadmap for me. Neither Elizabeth or Jane are considered particularly beautiful or accomplished, but they're both determined, proud and stubborn. They have their own ideas about the world and society they find themselves in. Where Elizabeth is very free with her opinions, Jane often keeps her opinions to herself and the reader, unless provoked. They are what I imagine "strong female characters" to be, strong in themselves, aware of their strengths and limitations, and not cowed by the powers that be. As such, I find the key imagery of "things that grow" quite fitting. Just like nature, both Elizabeth and Jane continue to grow, to develop and to flower and bloom in their own way. They are also both extraordinarily fond of nature, of the freedom it offers them as otherwise rather sheltered women. The purple tones for the cover of Pride & Prejudice struck me particularly, the perfect balance between warmth and cold, the passionate back and forth between hate and love. I was less enamoured with the soft tones on the Jane Eyre cover, but I can't deny it is very eye-catching.

The font and text size of both Pride & Prejudice and Jane Eyre are supremely readable. There is a nice, gentle slope to the font that I found very pleasing. There are also watercolour illustrations throughout both editions which are charming but occasionally felt a bit out-of-place. Perhaps I am biased by other illustrated editions, but I think I would have preferred more topical illustrations myself. At times these editions almost felt twee, a little too cutesy for their topics. However, the illustrations are undeniably beautiful and well-placed. I'm not quite sure whether it was due to my own copy, but I wasn't able to read or view the ephemera mentioned in the blurb. However, it sounds delightful. As such, these Marjolein Bastin Classics Series' editions would make stunning gifts for any Austen or Brontë fan! I myself know many reades who I would gladly gift this too.

The Marjolein Bastin Classics Series' editions of Pride & Prejudice and Jane Eyre are beautifully illustrated and very well designed. They are very readable and as long as the watercolour flower imagery works for you, you will find the reading experience very satisfying.
A beautifully illustrated version of a great classic. I can only imagine how stunning this will be in a physical copy as the digital version I bet doesn't do the fabulous illustrations justice
Pride and Prejudice

This is my first time reading Pride and Prejudice. I had the opportunity to listen to
Rosamund Pike and read along with this beautiful ebook version.

Thanks to Netgalley for this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

The illustrations were just perfect, sprinkled throughout but not overwhelming. It definitely added to my overall reading reading experience.

10/10 would recommend!
Beautiful nature illustrations fill this lovely copy of Pride and Prejudice. This is something that, of course, would be much more stunning on the page but I enjoyed looking through the electronic copy I was given. I thought the illustrations of two (love)birds at the end of happy/romantic chapters was a really cute way to interact with the text. I would have preferred to see illustrations of the characters and setting, but I think this will make a beautiful copy of Jane Austen’s novel..
A great new version of one of classic literature’s best books! Highly recommend!  Thank you so much for this advanced book!
As someone who loves to collect beautiful books (inside and out), this beautiful edition of Pride and Prejudice can be added to those ranks.  Marjolein Bastin has beautifully illustrated this all time classic with gorgeous flowers, birds, and butterflies.  The rich purple, pink and blue hues are most appreciated on the stunning cover, but within its pages, hide small treasures, reminiscent of finding pressed flowers in one of your mother's or grandmother's books.  Visually stunning!
Y’all. If you love #janeausten #prideandprejudice then you need this beautifully done copy. My heart. The #illustration is done by #marjoleinbastin it’s very unusual for me to actually “buy” a hardcover of the book once #netgalley so kindly approves me but this one will definitely be added to my bookshelf. It’s absolutely gorgeous. #bookstagram #bookstagrammer #readersofig #booklover #bookrecommendations
Thanks to Netgalley for the copy. I hadn’t read this before and this gave me the motivation to read it. Unfortunately with the format I didn’t even read this one and ended up listening to it. Glad I finally read it.
Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite books ever.
I wish I had this gorgeous edition when I first read it.
Absolutely stunning.