Cover Image: Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice

I absolutely loved it. Austen is my favourite author so I read her books (AND  use them in class) all the time. This is a fantastic edition which I'll be adding to my classes
Pride and Prejudice is a favorite of mine. I love this book and have read it several times.
I must admit that when I read that this edition was illustrated, I had hoped for illustrations of the characters. While there are none of those, this edition is quite lovely. The artwork is breathtaking in it’s simplicity. The detail of the flowers and bees was gorgeous and my favorites. And the cover is just beautiful. This is a wonderful edition to anyones library, and I just may have to find a physical copy for mine.
Thank you very much Netgalley for the opportunity to admire a digital copy of this edition!
I’m not a fan of classic books, but Pride & Prejudice has always been the exception: Darcy and Elizabeth’s story captured my heart since I first read it years ago, and the stunning illustrations featured in this edition are a really nice addition to such an incredible book.

I will definitely buy a physical copy when it comes out!
A beautiful classic that was definitely deserving of a re-read from me. The added illustrations brought a whole other wonder to read to this story!
A classic for a reason, from the mother of romance herself.
Still somehow relevant and poignant, this was truly ahead of its time.
Funny, witty, sarcastic and sharp, but not any less sweet and lovely than you expect.

This is one of those books for me that I can pick up at any point in time and  it'll put a smile on my face.

Memorable characters, that you either love or love to hate,
dialogue that stays with you, lessons you don't forget.

A classic for a reason.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is a classic that probably everyone heard of and if someone haven't read it yet it is perect way to start their journey with classic literature, especially if theya re looking for hate-to-love story. Elizabeth and Mr Darcy are amazing characters even if they are so different I loved to read how their relationship developed.
Every fan of Jane Austen books would love to have this edition! It's so beautiful and unique! Personally I love everything containing floral designs and artwork in this new edition is so pretty!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me copy of book inexchange for review. All opinions are my own,
As a part of the Marjolein Bastin Classics Series, this edition of Pride and Prejudice features beautiful illustrations in full colour on almost all pages, drawn by the talented Dutch artist Marjolein Bastin. The illustrations are quite detailed, and feature many floral motives, as well as birds and butterflies and other beautiful subjects. Despite not portraying actual scenes from the novel, these images manage to capture it accurately and make for an amazing reading experience. I found the novel even more pleasing on this reread, partially due to my change in taste over the last year, and also due to the sheer artistry of Bastin's drawings.
Beautifully illustrated edition of a favorite Austen. Makes re-reading an even more memorable experience.
This is such a beautiful edition of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. I have owned many editions of this novel in my lifetime, but this one with beautiful illustrations by Marjolein Bastin is the loveliest one that I have seen. I have received an ebook version,  with thanks to Netgalley , for a review. I will however be buying a physical copy of this book when it is released, as it is very beautiful, as it’s companion volume of Austen’s Emma with gorgeous illustration by the same artist.
Definitely my favourite classic!
Just love the characters and the combination of comedy and romance.
Would definitely recommend this to anyone who has enjoyed the film
I love classic literature and Pride and Prejudice is one of my absolute favourites, but when I saw this version on NetGalley I knew I just had to read it. The illustrations are stunning and really add to the story, it made the enjoyment of reading a favourite book all the more better. I’m keeping an eye out for other classic works given this treatment.
This rerelease of Jane Austen's classic novel  Pride and Prejudice in " The Marjolein Bastin Classics Series" is an opportunity for readers to engage with classics in an interactive way. Though this was not included in the PDF copy in which this was reviewed it will be addressed as accompanied pages were found on the publisher website. Through  "Simon and Schuster"  can readers examine these extras that include four-color maps, letters, family trees, and sheet music.  I have viewed these and find them wonderful. Also Included were illustrations by Marjolein Bastin. In each chapter, various flowers were added to the edges of the page or end of a paragraph. They added to the symbolism on the page and was something extra that made the copy more enjoyable for me. If you are interested in other classics by Jane Austen Emma is available within this series as well as Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre.
This is a beautiful edition of a timeless classic. I've read Pride and Prejudice multiple times, but the illustration in this book are truly delightful. I look forward to obtaining a physical copy.
Nothing needs to be said about the story. Pride and Prejudice is a classic that everyone should read at least once.

The evaluation mainly relates to the design of the book. I thought the book contains illustrations of the characters, the landscape or, for example, letters that play a role in the story. Unfortunately, the book is "only" embellished with drawings of flowers or birds. Unfortunately, this disappointed me as I simply expected more.

The edition is beautiful and the story is unique!
After finishing each of Austen’s novels, I am always confused as to how I should feel. However what sets Pride and Prejudice apart from the others is that Elizabeth does not have to change her ways or succumb to the system to be happy. Elizabeth and Jane Bennet both end up as wives, but Elizabeth’s journey to self-discovery and growth is much different from what is typically seen in a 19th century novel. Instead of changing herself to fit the mold, or toning it down so she could become wife-material, her persistence never waivers. In warming up to Darcy, the only thing she loses is her prejudice, which was doing her more bad than good, in turn affecting the growth of her character. She refuses to maintain politeness and modesty when Lady Catherine insults her character, and never enables the superiority complex that Lady Catherine’s possess and tries to use to her advantage. Elizabeth stands up for herself with pride, strong in her convictions, with a confidence that is threatening to the class system she is expected to buy into and follow. The distance between the two on the social pyramid does not threaten Elizabeth, and in the end she gets to keep her dignity and her man. Through Elizabeth’s reluctance to back down, Austen exemplifies the belief that a woman’s character is worth more than her status. Darcy and Elizabeth’s engagement allows the audience to see that Elizabeth beat the patriarchy and all its soldiers. The love they share triumphs over money, class, and family, leaving the reader with a warm sense of accomplishment from the heroine of the novel.
The story stands on its own merit as one of the greatest novels in history, but this edition brings to it beautiful typography, along with exquisite illustrations of flowers, birds, bees and butterflies to grace the margins. It's gorgeous! Any Austen fan would be thrilled to own this edition. I really like the font as well: it is elegant and very readable.
This is my favorite book so I was pleased to receive the audio for review.  I downloaded the Net Galley app but it does not work and I was unable to listen to the book.  I know Pride And Prejudice very well and am sure this is a excellent rendition.
Cover review: This edition is absolutely beautiful! The colors blend together very well, and the flowers are just perfect with the colors.

Plus it is so wonderful for this classic!
I am so excited about this new series of classical novel editions. The delicate florals are lovely and eye-catching, and the timeless stories are a perfect backdrop for new a beautiful art.
There is always, one might say, room for another edition of these books.

The bright and colourful flowers, birds and butterflies really lift the pages and draw the eye. the repeated hydrangea motif in this book is truly beautiful.

This edition would look wonderful as a set, but they shine equally on their own.
I would recommend this book as a gift for any book lovers, and lovers of a special edition.
Highly recommended.
This adds a lovely text and scrip to a love classic, It gives a lovely new feel on a reread. Lots of flowers.