Cover Image: I'm On It! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!)

I'm On It! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!)

This book presents position words in a humorous, outlandish way that will keep the audience entertained and guessing what will happen next. An excellent addition to any elementary classroom or school library.
This book reminds me of "Ten Apples Up On Top". The text is quite simple. Sentences are quite simple and repetitive, using the same structure to illustrate "under" "between" "through". This allows clear illustration of the concept as well as some subtle messaging about one-ups-manship and being true to yourself.
This was a super cute story, I ended the bright and entertaining illustrations. My five year old and I read the book together and he giggled through the entire piece.
With young ones in the house, Elephant and Piggie books are a must have! The Elephant and Piggie Like Reading series gives our family familiar characters making a plug for new books.

I'm On It! introduces critical words for spatial reasoning (on, in, near, far, above, under, etc.) in a funny way. Goat and Frog start by being "on it." Their antics get funnier and more far fetched as the book goes on and they try to one up each other. The text is simple for emerging readers, and the illustrations communicate emotion and humor.

Recommended for the preschool crowd.
Part of the “Elephant & Piggie Like Reading” series, Goat climbs up on various stacked items, followed by Frog on another stack, until they crash down into the pond. The text is in dialogue balloons, with lots of repeated phrases and an emphasis on prepositions such as beside, between, inside, under, across, and more. The full color cartoon artwork is dominated by the tan goat and green frog, in a style similar to the original Elephant & Piggie books but with a bolder color palette. A great beginning reader for younger emergent readers including Kindergartners, this has humor and a nice example of friendship and play.
This is a funny, engaging children's book about Goat and Frog, friends of Elephant and Piggie. Goat and Frog try to copy and out-do each other, but what starts out as a fun time soon starts to be too much work! Who will stop first? If your children are a fan of the Elephant and Piggie series they will love reading about their friends. The book has vibrant illustrations and held my 5 year old daughter's attention. My 8 year old son (who has been a big fan of Elephant and Piggie for years) loved this book as well. I'm excited to read more of their friends antics!

Thank you Netgalley and Disney Publishing Worldwide/Hyperion Books for Children for the opportunity to read this book.
This is a children's book, and I read it to my twin boys that is 7 years old with special needs. One of my twin boys loves Mo Willems books, so when I told him I got approved for this book he made me read it to him right away. He loved it so much. I love the message in this book, and how the message was done. The message was it is ok to tell a friend that you do not want to keep playing the game that you are no longer enjoying. The pictures was so very cute as always, and the pictures will pull younger kids into the book. How the book was written was easy for younger kids to get and understand. I really loved this book, and I will be buying it for my boys when it comes out. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Disney Publishing Worldwide) or author (Andrea Tsurumi and Mo Willems) via NetGalley, so I can give honest review about how I feel about this book. I want to send a big Thank you to them for that.
Fun book with great illustrations. Another Elephant and Piggie style book that will be checked out all the time at my library.
I received an electronic ARC from Disney Publishing Worldwide through NetGalley.
Wonderful story to teach adverbs with plenty of humor to make the information fun. Tsurumi uses her two characters - Goat and Frog - to show the ridiculousness of extreme competition. Readers have ring side seats as Goat and Frog mirror each other as they add objects to their challenge. The brightly colored illustrations capture the details of each object that is added as well as the expressive faces of these characters.
A fun read for a family or an individual elementary student.
The latest book in this series continues to emphasize the fun while sliding in the learning.
This is the cutest children’s Fiction book about two friends. One friend is a frog and the other friend is a goat. Goat is the leader. Goat likes frog to follow goat. Goat goes up, down, sideways and everywhere. Frog follows. That sounds like a lot doesn’t it? How do you think all of this following and leading up and down and everywhere will affect their friendship? Read the book to find out.

I just reviewed I'm On It! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!) by Andrea Tsurumi; Mo Willems. #ImOnItElephantPiggieLikeReading #NetGalley
I received a digital copy of this book from NetGalley. Thank you for the opportunity to write an honest and sincere review.

I'm On It! is written by Andrea Tsurumi, and illustrated by Mo Willems. It introduces two new friends to the Elephant and Piggy  Like Reading! series. Goat and Frog are two friends that are competitive and determined to be equal. They compete to see how much stuff they can hold while playing a game. At the same time, they are also teaching new readers a bunch of very important prepositional phrases that are illustrated with fabulous drawings.

Just like the Elephant and Piggie books, these two friends enjoy each others' company. All of the dialogue in the book. is seen in the animals' thought bubbles, allowing readers to know for sure who is speaking each line. It is difficult to tell if Tsurumi did both the writing and illustrations, or if Mo Willems also contributed to this work. Either way, Willem's endorsement will definitely make this a very popular book. I'm sure that in time, Goat and Frog will become household names in their own right.
A delightfully hilarious read about prepositions. Kids are going to go bananas for the antics of goat and frog. This is just what you would expect from the Elephant & Piggie Like Reading lineup.

For Libraries: Were you not going to purchase this already?!
A great book for identifying prepositions and practicing prepositional phrases.  Elephant and Piggie (Mo Willems) make an appearance at the beginning an end of the book which will appeal to readers who love E & P. The two characters Frog and Goat speak with the same text bubbles as E&P so it can be used to have two readers practice going back and forth. My 8 year old found it entertaining.
My kids are Mo Willems’ fans so when I saw this book I knew I needed to get it for them. Both kids think the book is awesome and my grade oner got to read it to me.
Fans of Mo Willems' will enjoy seeing Elephant & Piggie in this book. This book would be a great way to teach positional words.  Kids will enjoy the humor, style of writing, and illustrations.
Pretty much all Mo Willems Elephant and Piggie present books are great and this is no exception. Wordplay and humor are what makes this book the perfect addition to the series. Definitely purchasing this one!
I am always excited for a new Elephant & Piggie Like Reading! title and this one most definitely did not disappoint. One day, down by the pond, Goat shows off to Frog that he is ON it -- it being a log. Frog responds by hopping on top of a rock so he can be ON it  too. What follows is a humorous series of one-upmanship made all the better by cartoony illustrations. This book is sure to be a slam-dunk, Elephant & Piggie books always are, but it also benefits from being  probably the only fun book to ever introduce prepositions to young readers.
"I'm On It!" is a humorous take on prepositions and adverbs that are important for beginning readers to master. Young readers will enjoy the witty dialogue and large, colourful illustrations. The text is large and easy to read. Children at my library (and I presume many other libraries across the country) are obsessed with Elephant & Piggie, so I believe "I'm On It" will be received with a similar enthusiasm.
I'm On It is a very cute book for young elementary school kids. It's in the vein of Elephant & Piggie, so if your youngster likes those books, they'll like this one. Elephant & Piggie make an appearance at the beginning and end of this book (kind of like introducing the book and then signing off) so fans will get to see their beloved friends as well.

The book I'm On It itself is a game between a goat and a frog. They take turns being on/beside/through/etc. things. The goat has a much easier time of this and the frog finds himself in funny positions and situations. The illustrations are cute and little ones will laugh out loud when the frog goes splash into the water. This is also a good book for even younger kids learning the difference between beside, under, over, etc. Overall, very cute and kids will likely enjoy it.
Another delightful entry in the Elephant and Piggie Like Reading series.  While I was sad to see Elephant and Piggie end, I am so excited that their popularity has given the books in this series a platform and also let other brilliant authors and illustrators shine.