Cover Image: Big and Little

Big and Little

This book was really cute. My girls loved it and the illustrations were really pretty. We enjoyed the raccoons and their adventure with the snail.

Big and Little is a cute picture book about a big racoon and a little racoon who are best friends but have a disagreement.
Little racoon wants to watch a snail climb over a small mountain (rock) and big racoon doesn't want to and moves the snail to the other side of it. They fall out and both storm off cross and upset at each other.
They calm down and make friends and learn a lesson from their disagreement about when they should let someone do things for themselves and when to help them.
Big and Little illustrates with lovely pictures the importance of communication, cooperation and a never give up attitude. Your little ones will love the picture book and the discussion to follow.
A cute book starring 2 raccoons going on a picnic. Along the way, they get into a fight and then make up. This is a good book for kids to read to see that we all have disagreements from time to time and we can still be friends. Nice illustrations too!
Such an adorable childrens' book!!! I enjoyed the story and the illustrations so much!!

I would like to thank the publisher and netgalley for providing me a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Thanks to Clavis Publishing and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to enjoy and review your book.
Two raccoons go for a walk and come across a snail trying to climb a mountain. Little Racoon wants to stop and watch the snail but Big Racoon wants to hurry along. The friends end up falling out and they go their separate ways. But they learn something valuable in the process.
I absolutely love the last line in this book. It speaks volumes about the message of doing things together and knowing that it is important to respect each other in friendship and by doing so, your enrich your own life.
Endearing mixed media illustrations by Lia.
Cute book with a cute concept but i think the point of the story was a little messy. A bit confusing for me myself but my 5 yo nephew enjoyed it
I assume the story is cute, I know the pictures are cute, and I would like to get a hard copy to be able to read the story as the ebook does not work.

I voluntarily received and reviewed a complimentary e/copy of this book which I received from the author/publisher. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
The story follows Big Raccoon and Little Raccoon as they go on a picnic.  They get in an argument and go their separate ways to cool off.   After realizing they each needed the other one they got back together to enjoy their picnic.   I really liked the storyline.  I love the big vs little.  My son loved the story too.   He really liked the snail.  The illustrations were a little fuzzy at times.  The faces of the raccoons were fuzzy.  This is a great book to teach the big vs little concept to small children.
Big and Little is a sweet little story about friendships that span ages, be it in sibling relations, parental, or classmates. We are surrounded by people who are bigger and littler than us. It is tempting to continue to do the works that needs to be done  for those smaller than us. But how will they learn to do it on their own? This story begins that conversation for young children and the message is one that we can all learn from regardless of our age.
Two raccoons, one big and one little, go on a walk together, both enjoying different paces of travel. When a disagreement causes them to part ways, they both learn to see that their differences weren't something to be annoyed with; they were something that made the journey that much better.

A lovely book showing how our differences not only make life better but help us in unexpected ways, "Big and Little" is a beautifully illustrated story that shows we don't all need to want the same thing, and that compromise can make our time with other people that much better.
Big and Little Racoon love to be together. If you haven't heard, Racoons can get in trouble. In this humorous story about friends, little and big, and how you can help a friend, you and your child will have lots to discover. The illustrations are adorable and who can't help but think Racoons are pretty cute!

A special thank you to Clavis Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
Read this with a 3 year old. I personally loved the illustrations - they did look a little like pandas to me, but the 3 year old recognized them as raccoons!

I loved the moral behind the story. But I wish the big and little raccoon would have had a moment where they apologized for losing their tempers with each other.
This was cute.  It teaches kids to be patient and in friendships/relationships you can’t only do what you want to do but also what the other person wants or needs to do.  Thanks NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC I received.
The illustrations in this book are very well done. The writing is aimed at a young child around 6-9 the story it's self is very engaging for it's set age group. Big and little racon go through an adventure together. It also deals with emotions which are extremely important. It also teaches the importance of helping others.
Little Raccoon and Big Raccoon loved to go walking together, they’d climb hills and slide off them together.  Sometimes little raccoon got tired and big raccoon would carry him on his back.  One day they were headed to their picnic spot and came upon a snail.  While little raccoon wanted to watch the snail climb over a rock, big raccoon grew impatient and angry.  To a snail, a rock was a mountain.  Little raccoon and big raccoon went their separate ways.  After taking time to cool down, they both heading back to the spot where they argued.  The snail was still there and hadn’t made any progress, big raccoon came up with an idea to help the snail.   Seeing this little snail decided he no longer wanted to ride on big raccoon’s back.  They went off to their picnic hand in hand.

While I think this story is good about problem solving and taking time to cool off.  I would’ve like to see the raccoons apologize to each other for being angry.
Thanks NetGalley for the arc! My toddler and I enjoyed the story. Looking forward to reading it again!
Let me start by saying that I absolutely loved the illustrations, even though I thought Big and Little were pandas with tails - at one point I realized they were raccoons, and they were still very cute (and still very much pandas in my head). Gorgeous illustrations.

What I did not really like was... the conflict between them. It doesn't really make sense or maybe something got lost in the translation, but I think because of how rushed and weird the conflict is, the main lesson of the book gets lost. The story doesn't really flow. But the illustrations were great!
This book was recently translated from Dutch into English. The illustrations are cute, but I couldn't help thinking that the racoons looked more like pandas with long tails.

This book sadly didn't work for me. To be honest, it sounds as thought it was written by a child, especially when Big Raccoon and Little Raccoon have their disagreement. Due to the way it was written, the message the author intended to portray gets somewhat lost.

Children will still enjoy this book, but I don't think it will be one that is read time and time again.

I received a free digital ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to NetGalley and Clavis Publishing.
I loved the moral of the story, and I really enjoyed the illustrations. My son wasn’t really into it, but he’s only eight months old so even though we read every day I think without the cadence of most kids books it didn’t hold his attention. I would definitely read it to him again when he’s older or purchase for his older friends :)