Cover Image: Attached

Attached

This book was very informative, but really only for people with an anxious attachment style. I am this kind of person, so for me personally, I found this book to be very fascinating and insightful. If you know that you are not an anxiously attached type of person, this might not be the most helpful for you.
The authors of this book have developed a very helpful and unique guide for understanding attachment and its effects. I was especially grateful for the tables and charts that organized information in concise and meaningful ways. I would recommend this book to anyone wanting an introduction to this topic, or to someone who has studied this area of psychology and could appreciate expert commentary this book provides. Well done!
Anyone interested in parenting, relationships, family, or self help will find a lot to dig into here. I found the book highly readable and engaging. Recommended.
Attached was a such a great read! I have always been interested in psychology but when I learned about it in college, I was too young to really apply it to my life. Attached helped me reflect on my childhood and my relationship with my fiancé. There are many reasons a relationship can fail so why not try to be proactive and examine ways you can better yourself and your relationship? I think this is a great introduction to attachment styles and how to balance yours with your partner's. If you are looking for more in-depth information on your particular style, there are other resources out there.
An excellent book for anyone interested in relationships. The authors are researchers exploring attachment theory in adults. While attachment theory with regard to children has been around for several decades, application of attachment theory to adult relationships is new. After reading several books on the attachment process in children, I was excited to see this new book on attachment in adult romantic relationships. This book delivered.

While based in solid science and research, this book is nonetheless highly readable. All of us have been in relationships - both good and bad - so the book is highly relatable as well. Many examples are given to demonstrate secure, avoidant, and anxious attachment relationships. The book keeps your attention.

Highly recommended.
I was first recommended this book by a friend whose therapist told her to read this. This book should be read by everyone, but especially people who may find something lacking in their relationships. This book can help you identify why you aren't making you're relationships work even though it feels like you're trying. I thought the information in this book is important and very relevant to people. I wish I knew about this years ago because this information in this book can really help make you recognize why relationships aren't working and what you can do to help change that. The book is well written and has tons of research and material to provide with evidence based on this theory. It also provides quizzes you can take to identify what type of relationship style you are (avoidant, anxious, or both) as well as your partner. I will admit I didn't take the quizzes, but that is due more to me knowing exactly which style I fall into. The only downfall of the book is that the information wasn't that hard to grasp, so the book could have just as easily been a short essay. I highly recommend this book for anyone who feels that they may need to understand their relationships better.

Thank you to Net Galley, the author and publishers for giving me a free ARC of this book in exchange for my opinion.
This book is about parenting, self/help, and families. I like this book because it describes the three major attachment styles and which one each person is. Once you know what type of attachment style you are, then you can develop stronger relationships with the people you love. I love that this book is based on science.
"Attached: the New Science of Adult Attachment and how it can help you find-and-keep love" by Amir Levine and Rachel S. F. Heller is a fun, easy to read (and understand), non-fiction book that engages readers to think about their attachment styles and how they affect our romantic relationships. Levine and Heller (influenced by the early research conducted by John Bowlby and Mary Ainsworth on attachment styles in children) relate the attachment styles individuals form as children to how we show up to our romantic partners in adulthood. The book opens with a general overview of the 3 attachment styles (avoidant, anxious, and secure), then follows with a mini quiz to help the reader identify where they may be situated within the attachment styles. From then on, the authors provide further overviews of these attachment styles and how they relate to one another when people from the same or different attachment styles come together romantically.

Having recently just begun dating after a long-lived dating hiatus, I found this book to be an extremely useful resource. It helped me identify my attachment style (which falls into a nice blend of both anxious and avoidant), and what I can do to formulate more secure attachments moving forward. It is also encouraging me to be more understanding of what others may be experiencing within their attachment style, and how that would work in relation to my own.

Given that this was a very easy to follow and informative non-fiction book that has shaped the way I am currently perceiving my relationships, I would give it a rating of 4/5. I find myself referring to the book with friends and family quite often since having read through it, and it has provoked some interesting talking topics with those around me. The mini quizzes had me feeling some nostalgic Seventeen Magazine quiz vibes, and the interactive “food for thoughts” at the end of each chapter were thought provoking and engaging. The only change I would make is to have added a bit more information on the avoidant attachment style. I would have enjoyed a bit more information on how those experiencing that particular attachment style could transition to a more secure base.

Thank you so much for the read, I am thankful to netgalley and the publishers for allowing me to read through a copy in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed this book and found it very helpful!  It gives advice for relationships and can be used for different types of relationships.  It makes a lot of since and will definitely help me build on some of the relationships I have.  I think if you enjoy self help books in general or are open to advice on your relationship that you can learn a lot and enjoy getting another perspective by reading this book!
Super helpful. book. Definitely worth reading to become more familiar with your attachment style. Will help in all relationships.
This was such a fantastic resource! Learning about the attachment styles was eye opening and interesting. Levine and Heller did a great job not only describing the attachment styles but also giving advice as to how best to navigate when you have a particular attachment style or if you partner has a particular attachment style. Highly recommended, great book!
Absolutely loved this book. I wish I knew about this book years ago, because I hadn't known about the attachment styles before this book, and I found this book eye-opening to so many of the relationship dynamics that we experience ourselves or see withing our friends and families. I now believe that having an understanding of one's attachment style is important because it helps us know why someone behaves the way they do and how to respond to certain behavior. Everyone should read this book to have a better understanding in how people work and to improve communication in all relationships.

Thank you Netgalley & Penguin Random House for this e-ARC