Cover Image: Birthing Mama

Birthing Mama

Thanks to Storey Publishing and NetGalley for an advanced copy of this absolutely stunning book. As a journal, I will be eagerly awaiting publishing day to purchase and spend time reading (again!) and writing on the hard copy pages.
I adored the images in this book, the journey through conception to birth as a hopeful mother- to- be, the prompts for reflection and ties to yoga.
This would make for a beautiful gift as a congratulatory present to any woman who is expecting.
I love this holistic approach to a pregnancy week-by-week diary of sorts. Not only does the author give facts about the stage of pregnancy you're in, but gives you great ideas and tips on what you could do.
The artwork is lovely, and this sure is a treasure to gift to a mum-to-be.
This holistic pregnancy journal is a gem! For each week, it includes a vast array of tips, recipes, exercises and yoga poses uplifting quotes, science of what is going on in the body at that time, meaningful writing prompts, and so much more! I loved the colorful, visually appealing artwork throughout and the postpartum section as well. I will definitely be coming back to this book during my next pregnancy!
Birthing Mama was a very insightful read. First off, the book is beautiful. I really liked the children scheme which presents as calm and relaxing. I found it informative with good information on aligning diet and exercise for a healthy birth. Additionally, it discussed really useful techniques for muscle relaxation through the use of yoga techniques that seem easy to understand even for a yoga beginner. All throughout the book are sections for Journaling which were amazing. It was nice to have a chance to reflect on what was being discussed. I would recommend this to others.
This book was received as an ARC from Storey Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I learned so much from this book on taking the holistic approach to giving birth that I did pick up a few pointers when it's my turn to go through the journey of each trimester. I also loved that in each chapter, the book gave you an opportunity to journal throughout each trimester. Pregnancy can be a tough journey and I am happy this book gives you an outlet to let out your feelings and make the whole process much easier mentally. I also loved the warm color scheme in the layout of each page and how the book was designed intentionally to make the process easier to understand. This book will be beneficial to many families in out community and will be another great resource.

We will consider adding this title to our R Non-Fiction collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.
Birthing Mama offers a holistic approach to the transformative experience of pregnancy. Author Corrine Andrews, a yoga teacher and pregnancy guru, guides women through each week of the nine-month journey, integrating body, mind, and spirit through reflection, yoga poses, activities, and art projects.

This book is written beautifully and contains some really good advice and tips, perfect for those expecting for the first time. I do think it would work so much better as a hardback as the format seems a little off as an e-book. As a nurse working in Maternity, this is a book I would love to share with expecting women and other nurses I work with.

This is a first for me by the author and one I enjoyed and would read more of their work. The book cover is eye-catching and appealing and would spark my interest if in a bookshop. Thank you very much to the author, publisher and Netgalley for this ARC.