Cover Image: Book Club Kit: Untamed

Book Club Kit: Untamed

When you read my other reviews of these book club kits you will see that I am absolutely obsessed with them. I am hosting and also joining different book clubs virtually as well as in person and always love to do something special when it is my turn to host the meeting. This kit is beautifully designed and the content is very helpful to make hosting or contributing to a book club meeting easy. This kit comes with a introduction of the book and summary of each part. It goes on with ideas how to enhance the book club. Activities offered to the club and questions to be answered. A very handy tool creating more fun for a club to discuss this book.
I thought this was a great companion to Untamed. As someone who participates in a local book club, these questions helped to guide the conversations surrounding the topics covered in Glennon Doyle's book
Untamed Kit? YES PLEASE. I recently reread this with my friendship book club and the kit was a perfect addition. Provoking questions, topics, and conversation starters. This book is one of my favorites of all time, so I was ecstatic to use this kit.
This was my first book to read by this author but I hope to read more soon! The characters and the story stay with you long after you finish it. Good, fast read. Highly recommend!!
I love, love, love Glennon Doyles Untamed & even reading through this readers guide had me pondering questions and insights I hadn't thought of before reading the book. I could see just one or two questions making a book club meeting come alive with heartfelt discussion.
After reading Untamed by Glennon, I was glad to have the opportunity to read and utilize the Book Club Kit. Great resource for book clubs – or even individual use. I just reviewed Book Club Kit: Untamed by Glennon Doyle. #NetGalley
Thank you for the Book Club Kit! I enjoyed Untamed and thought that this Book Club Kit added a lot more insight to it! It would be the perfect addition to any book club reading this.
After reading and enjoying Glennon Doyle’s Untamed, I was excited to see the book club guide.  It did not disappoint.  The questions included allow book club members to explore some of their own feelings in relation to Glennon’s writing and allow the reader a more in-depth personal study by providing some writing and activity prompts.  This could easily be used as a journaling guide for self-discovery.
I enjoyed this book club kit ;) I didn't realize what it was to start with as I'm new to this platform. I have not read the book but I have read through the bookclub kit and I feel it has given me a insight to the book and I feel that this book may not be something I would be interested in reading at this time, it sounds very interesting though so maybe in the future :)
This is a book club kit of Glennon Doyle’s “Untamed” (2021). This colorful brief volume features a 3 part comprehensive readers study guide complete with an introduction and suggestions for discussion enhancement. It is necessary to have read the actual book, as parts from the book are mentioned throughout but not reprinted for reference.
It is notable that “Untamed” was part memoir and part self-help. In addition to being a NYT bestselling author, activist and motivational speaker, Ms, Doyle is the founder of Together Rising (2012-) a non-profit organization that has raised over 25 million USD for families in need. Ms. Doyle observed that is necessary to combine activism with philanthropy to avoid the risk of “becoming co-dependent with power.”

In exploring the “magic” of the “hard emotions” as heartbreak, anger, grief can be an anchor to learn more about ourselves and often meaningful work opportunities in employment, activism, or volunteering. The differences between low-wage workers and those with higher incomes are obvious. No amount of magical thinking can ease the social injustice of mental illness, addiction, poverty etc. This is just one example of many topics in the guide used for self-reflection. The overall purpose of this guide is to facilitate self-exploration, inspire confidence, listening and trusting the “inner voice” through personal development-- sharing in group discussion and awareness. (3*GOOD)   With thanks to Penguin Random House Library Resources via NetGalley for the DDC for the purpose of review.
I found this book club kit to be interesting--it didn't include an author interview like others have, but that makes sense as the book is a memoir, and thus, about the author. I also found that I enjoyed that the order of the questions went along with the order of the book. The enhancements included were also wonderful, as there were options to prepare things to bring to book club or to take time during book club to think and write a letter, which would be great for a discussion that may have lost steam. Overall, I found the material included to be helpful and a nice addition to the book.
Untamed Book Club Kit
By Glennon Doyle

Probing Questions for Thoughtful Analysis

In Author Glennon Doyle’s wildly successful biographical memoir, “Untamed,” she shares her journey of going ‘wild’ and breaking out-of-captivity of other’s expectations of who and what she should be.

“…while choosing joy makes it easier for me to love myself and my life, it seems to make it harder for the world to love me…”       Glennon Doyle, “Untamed”

An “Untamed” Book Club Kit is now available from Doyle and Publisher Penguin Random House Library Resources in an easily accessible ePub Reader format.  The “Untamed” Book Club Kit is well presented and easy to follow.  It's a fantastic asset for engaging readers who want to further explore the life lessons Doyle discusses in her book.

As a discussion leader for “Untamed,” you're definitely going to want to have this terrific Book Club Kit in preparation for your meeting.  It's packed with everything that you need.  A succinct overview of the book, questions organized in sections by book topic, as well as group activities like the one mentioned below:

“…’Who was I before I became who the world told me to be?’  Have everyone in your book club bring a photograph of themselves that they feel captures their original and wild self.  When they share the photo with the group, have them explain what about the picture captures them looking ‘Untamed’...”            Glennon Doyle, “Untamed”

=========
The Book Maven’s Journal—Reviews for Word Connoisseurs

REVIEWER:                J.Hunt
STAR RATING            ⭐️⭐️⭐️

My Sincere Appreciation to NetGalley, Author Glennon Doyle, and Publisher Penguin Random House Library Resources for Providing an Advance Reader Copy (ARC) for Review.

Additional Reviews by ‘TheBookMavenJoy’ can be found on Goodreads.
I really enjoyed reading Untamed on my own, and I thought frequently while reading it that I would love to chat over the book with friend or my book club. This material will give me a great starting place. Thank you to NetGalley and Penguin Random House Library Resources for a copy of this book for an honest review.
This kit was helpful and did lend itself to supporting a book club discussion, but wasn't anything that you wouldn't get with a quick internet search. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a dealbreaker.
Much as you would expect from a Book Club Kit, a handy little guide, helpful for both individual readers and book groups alike.
I loved this book club kit for the book Untamed. The questions were thought provoking and deeper than I expected.  The book itself is amazing and the questions continue to help you dive deeper. I loved the together rising part at the end and the opportunity for action.

I look forward to using this with our book club next month.
I will be recommending Untamed for our next nonfiction read and this guide is excellent. I loved the in depth questions and how to get involved in Glennon’s  Together Rising. Excellent and will be using.
My book club read Untamed and used this as a guide. It was incredibly helpful and really helped us dig into the material. Thank you for making this available!!
Great Book Club Kit as a supplement to Untamed!  I read this book last year & it was nice to revisit & reflect on the book!  Would definitely recommend for Book Clubs or anyone who wants to reflect on the book alone!
This is probably the most in depth guide I have seen by book club kit so far. I liked how the questions were split into sections so groups can address them as they move through the book. It's something I haven't thought of before, but it makes complete sense to have them flow from start to finish. Certainly another great addition for book clubs looking to read this book and have a discussion based around it.