Cover Image: The Cookie Bible

The Cookie Bible

The Cookie Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum is a beautiful collection of recipes that would make anyone feel like a top chef. Miss Beranbaum fills the pages with her expertise, helping to guide the reader (and baker) to a delicious treat that is sure to impress anyone lucky enough to taste it. I really appreciated how the author included where she got the recipe. I think this adds such a personal touch and I always look for this in a recipe when I am trying it. I am much more likely to purchase a cookbook that includes this small but important detail for the reader. The assortment of cookies were separated into easy to find category sections and of course it has a helpful index in case you are searching for a specific cookie. I loved all the pictures that were included, I would suggest adding a photo for each recipe, this helps me tremendously while I am baking. I know it would take up more space, but it adds just that much more important detail. My only negative thought toward this lovely book, would be that it is for a very experienced and skilled baker, I would not gift this to someone just learning to bake. Overall a beautiful cookbook!
4/5 stars
Another stellar and comprehensive cookbook by brilliant baker Rose Levy Beranbaum.

Full disclosure: I have not yet made anything from this cookbook, but I did read it and I do have experience with some of her other cookbooks. They are complete and detailed and have clear instructions on many techniques to insure baking success.

Featured is everything from macarons to bar cookies, puff pastry to jam-filled cookies, holiday offerings and more. Everything is broken down into steps and is very well explained. You don't have to be an experienced cook -- if you follow her guidelines, you will learn by doing.

Thanks to Net Galley and the publisher for providing me with an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Another amazing cookbook from Beranbaum! Nicely organized by cookie type, all of the recipes sound delicious. The instructions are clearly written and each recipe includes a short description of the cookie.
This book definitely lives up to its name! Whether you are an experienced baker or a newbie, this book has something for everyone. She manages to put a spin or two on some old favorites and gives us some new treats that will soon become classics! I highly recommend this book for bakers of every level. Thank you NetGalley for the advanced readers copy for review.
Love!!! As an avid baker, when they say this is the cookie bible it literally is the THE COOKIE BIBLE. Its actually pretty overwhelming how many recipes there are, but anything you can imagine is in here. I appreciate the attention to detail and awesome images. My favorite recipe is " Mrs. Swallows Perfect Lemon Cookies." I will definitely try to make as many of them as I can, but that may be a tall order. There are recipes for bakers of all skills. A great gift for the baker in your life!
If you’re looking for a cookie cookbook that includes simple/easy recipes and also more elaborate recipes,  this is the book for you.  Rose Levy Beranbaum presents an array of recipes for all bakers. She includes recipes  from the easiest  to more fancy and intricate cookie recipes. My only complaint is that while there are many photographs, I wish there was a photo of all the cookies.
This is the best cookie cookbook I've ever read. It has every kind of cookie you could want to cook. The directions are easy to follow, and the pictures are beautiful. This book is full of mouthwatering recipes.
I received a complimentary copy from Mariner Books via NetGalley and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Rose Levy Beranbaum, who is this person who created cookies so mouthwatering just reading her recipes? The authors are Rose's fans, from what I read, who then become her fast friends. They collect her recipes and compile into one wonderful book. With double measurements: in metric and cups measurements provided, this will ensure any readers of this book can create same goodness. Also like the small notes provided: if you want your cookies chewy, do this. And for the crispy version, do that. Love this book!
I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own. (via Netgalley)

I've read a few books by this author and this was another great recipe book with a variety of different things for me to try.
So many good recipes in this book.  I love all the details and that are provided in terms of a few options for different measurements for the ingredients.

The pictures are beautiful as well.  I would love to have a copy of this book once it's published so I can truly try some of the recipes.
4☆ A Scrumptious Cookie Bonanza

Ok so first piece of advice is definitely don't read this book on an empty tummy! It will leave you craving cookies lol

This Scrumptious Cookie Cookbook has something for everyone! Oh and the photographs accompanying each recipe are mouth-watering!

There is a very detailed guide at the beginning of the book which goes through all kinds of things you might need to know before getting started...ie, equipment, different Cookie methods, golden rules to making cookies.

The ingredients are measured out in grams and spoons, and uses American Ingredients like All Purpose Flour and Baking Powder (bicarb soda), Powdered Sugar ( Icing Sugar) so just be mindful you might need to Google the alternatives.

All of the recipes are very well thought out and give really good step by step information, variations you can adjust, and how to store the cookies.
There's even meringue, Brownies, curd, jam, ganache, pastries, Macarons, shortbread, this book literally has thought of everything!

Overall this Delightful Cookbook ticks all the boxes for me, it's beautifully presented, easy to follow, a big variety of recipes and easily sourced ingredients, I just can't wait to try and bake some!

Thank you to Mariner Books & Netgalley for my copy which I reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
Great little book of recipes, I especially enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies recipe, which my son devoured.
Every photo made me want to bake a batch of cookies. The toughest decision was choosing which cookies to bake!  I thoroughly enjoyed reading the recipes and admiring the beautifully photographed cookies and look forward to trying at least three fourths of the recipes.  The Cookie Bible will be in my shelf as soon as it’s available.
I really liked this cook book.  I have a few other books on cookies. I love the variety of recipes and cookies types available. While there is a lot of variety it's also very simple and straightforward.
I have always found baking difficult and this one provides a lot of practical advice and it's conversational in nature.

I especially love the recipe for dog cookies!
This is one of the best cookie cookbooks I have had the pleasure to flip through. The variety of types of cookies is phenomenal along with the explanations, instructions, and tips. There is a section at the beginning that goes over equipment and ingredients and it even gives you speed recommendations for the kitchen aid mixer which I haven’t seen before but loved. The photos are gorgeous of course, but I love the adaptability of these recipes. There’s a cookie for every occasion and lots of suggested or even encouraged variations!
I received a digital ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review, but I can honestly see myself purchasing the physical version of The Cookie Bible after trying out a few more of the recipes myself.
Very nice to have a book dedicated to just cookies.  I am a lover of all cookies and I like to try all cookies.  This book was informational and explained many techniques.  I would recommend this book to anybody who bakes.
Cookie BibleMy biggest take away from this boom are from her "Golden Rules@ section. Most books I glance over this info because it's always the same generic info. This section gave me better insight to why the ingredients are used for specific cookies. Cream of Tara, never knew why it needs for be used and only in a few recipes.  The descriptive section under each title is packed full of interesting info which gives you an insight to the recipe. Thus far my favorite recipe has been Cranberry Sconettes. They were bright and refreshing with the cranberry & lemon! The Cookie Bible isn't just cookies either as it includes bar, cake cookies and candies. Not the same old boring recipes. Each has a new take on an old classic. Many of these recipes I probably wouldn't have ever thought of making but this book sheds a different light on each recipe. Gotta grab this one!
I'm a sucker for cookbooks and an avid baker and this book did not disappoint! I appreciated the author sharing all of her tips at the beginning about the best ingredients and methods to use. I loved the way the recipes were laid out. It makes it easier when you are in the middle of preparing or baking to go back and find exactly what you are looking for. There were some really delicious recipes in this book. A few of my favorites were the Cloud Nines, Muscovato Shortbread, Les Biarritz, Mrs. Swallows Perfect Lemon Cookies and Chocolate Sables. The pictures were beautiful. I can tell the author has put a lot of time and work into this cookbook. I found the recipes to be unique compared to other baking cookbooks I have purchased. Looking forward to picking up my copy when it's released.

Thank you to NetGalley and Mariner Books for access to this ARC.
I was lucky to review this cookie cookbook at the perfect time- the holiday season and I made the most of it. Beranbaum is so thorough in her research that it is a bit overwhelming but for those who want to make great cookies their is no denying her knowledge of cookies. I do not have a lot of fancy equipment and while some cookies really need a food processor,  many others are much simpler in their directions.  I would recommend reading the entire cookbook before undertaking a recipe because it gives you a real sense of Beranbaum’s knowledge and style. Her golden rules, baking gems and three methods for mixing dough help you establish which cookies you may or may not be able to make. She does use some equipment which the common cookie maker may not have, but may want to invest in after reading this delicious book. And the photos are beautiful ! I highly recommend the ginger snaps and the date crescents. Thank you #NetGalley and #MarinerBooks for the ARC of #TheCookieBible.
Foodies and bakers everywhere have been cooking from iconic, bestselling author, Rose Levy Beranbaum’s fabulous cookbooks. Her latest cookbook, The Cookie Bible is amazing, and typical of this author. This excellent cookbook contains new cookie recipes, as well as most of the cookies from her previous cookbooks (Like a favorite, Rose’s Christmas Cookies). I have been following recipes from Beranbaum’s cookbooks for decades, and many of her recipes have become traditions in my home.

Just like her previous cookbooks, the recipes in this cookbook are written in a concise style that is easy to follow. The ingredients are presented in both metric and American measurements, so this cookbook can be easy for everyone. So far, I have never had a failure when using her recipes, and I know that is because Beranbaum has a chemistry background and uses it to make sure the recipes are perfect. Another plus to this and her previous cookbooks is that each recipe has introductory notes, some about the ingredients, some about the finished dish, and some with personal notes which gives us a glimpse into her personality.

The recipes in this cookbook are not only doable, but there are recipes to fill every baker’s needs, having enough variety to make everyone happy. This cookbook also has beautiful photographs of most of the recipes. If I were to rate this cookbook, it would be a perfect 10. This is highly recommended and should be on every cookbook shelf in every home. Highly recommended.

Special thanks to NetGalley for supplying a review copy of this book.