Cover Image: Right Behind Her

Right Behind Her

Book 4 in series
Bree Taggert must solve the murder of the 2 bodies found on her family’s old property.
The murder happened 30 years ago and Bree is worried her father might be the murderer.
We go more into the past to see what Bree saw the last night she saw her mom.
A great mystery/thriller
Thanks to Netgalley, Bookouture and MelindaLeigh for allowing me to read this Arc.
There is always a definite guarantee from Melinda and that's a fantastic, gut gripping read!!
Right Behind Her is one of the Sheriff Bree Taggart series. Bree is settling into her role of sherriff. But she is still dealing with and living with her family's horrific history.
When two skeletons are found on Bree's old abandoned family farm her past comes hurdling back. It's up to Sheriff Bree Taggart to solve the crime. Melinda as always you delivered.
Right Behind Her by Melinda Leigh is number four in the Sheriff Bree Taggert series. I really like Bree's character and I think I have read all the books/series Melinda Leigh has written.
Sheriff Bree Taggert has been through such a horrific childhood and recently acquired an instant family after her sister Erin was killed. Bree moved onto Erin's farm and is raising her children, Luke, and Kayla. Her best friend Dana is helping Bree with the house, cooking, and the children.
Bree's brother Adam who is an exceptionally talented painter lives close and has recently purchased their old family homeplace where so much terror happened when they were children. Human remains have been found in shallow graves on the family land where her father kept his dogs. Bree and Matt go out to investigate and find an intruder who has been living in the loft of the old barn. The question Bree is asking now, "Did my father kill these people?"
 Follow along as more of Bree's family history is revealed. Just when she did not think the memories of her family could get any worse, it proves to become even more complicated!
The book content is very intriguing, and I would have rated five stars except for some of the strong language.
Publication Date:  September 14, 2021
Thank you to NetGalley, Melinda Leigh, and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.
I love this series. Sherif Bree Taggart has had a traumatic filled life.  There is so much emotion and family love in this romantic suspense series. I look forward to reading the next book in this series   Highly recommended
Right Behind Her by Melinda Leigh a thrilling five-star read. This is number four in the Bree Taggert series and I would say to read them all in order as you would be doing yourself a disservice if you don’t, the whole series is just that good. Getting to know Bree and her family, the history they have all lived through will blow you away. This one brought more of the history alive as we got to know everyone better, especially Adam as I have always wondered what made the artist tick. Then Bree really gets to shine, she gets to show the town that a new sheriff is in town and she is taking out the trash. Then when you have the added lushness that it Matt, his support for Bree and everyone really, her family and his sister and friend, he is the support that keeps giving and doesn’t demand the accolade that deserves. He is happy to be quiet in the corner just supporting others and giving everything, he can. This is a great story and a series that just gets better and better its like watching a friend grow, watching Bree grow into her new role as guardian of her niece and nephew as well as the town.
When I was given a chance to read this book I was on top of the moon.  This series just keeps getting better and better.  Love the characters and the thrill of the chase.  The growth of each character from the 1st book in this series is amazing.  If you haven't read Melinda's books you are missing out.   Thank you Montlake publishing for allowing me an advance copy of this book to read.
Two bodies are found on Bree's family farm. Who are they and who killed them? Was Bree's father even more evil than previously thought? As Bree, Matt, and the rest of the team investigate one thing is clear, someone does not want them to solve these thirty year old murders.

*SIGH* Sometimes I feel like I would be lost in life without my favorite book authors and Melinda is one of them. Reading her books is like watching your favorite TV show except, of course, the book is better.

In Right Behind Her we get to see Bree a start to realize how much she needs her family and the walls she's built to protect herself are finally starting to crumble. I think this might be why I liked the story so much, it was so personal for Bree and her family. Sometimes we just need that from the characters we know and love.
Very good new series by Melinda Leigh. Sheriff Bree Taggerts newest case has her reliving the most traumatic memories of her childhood.  She is trying to solve a decades old murder while also trying to convince the county commissioners to allocate budget funds for her department. At each turn the case becomes more twisty and had an action packed ending.
Recommend RS read, and can be read standalone.
I love this series.   Bree is my hero! She’s everything you like to read about, strong resilient , vulnerable, loving ,and  a kick ass sheriff !
This is the fourth book in the series and yes it can be read as a stand a lone, but you will not want to miss a minute of this incredible series.
While Bree revisits her childhood home ,long buried bodies are found... could her father have murdered more people .
This book brings it all way to close to home for Bree and her family, uncovering more of her past . I couldn’t put this book down.
One of my favorite series that just keeps getting better and better with each book.
I have loved this series from the first book and have loved every book after. I love being able to pick up with the same characters but I new plot. This book was fast paced and kept me guessing. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Holy Smokes that was quite a wild ride. And the perfect balance of mystery and crime thriller with a great dose of personal growth for the Sheriff. The past came and reared it’s ugly head and boy did we see some nasty glimpses. The best part of this series is how Sheriff Taggert learns to deal with her past and move forward in a future that she never expected.

Every single book in this series gets better. I thought the last was my favorite but now it’s this one. I can’t wait to see how it progresses.
This book was an unputdownable adrenaline rush!
Bree Taggert is really settling into her new life. It has taken some time, but she is establishing herself in her new role as Sheriff and is starting to be more comfortable with her relationships with her family and the community.
Her newest case has Bree reliving the most traumatic memories of her childhood as she tries to solve a decades old murder while also trying  to convince the county commissioners to allocate budget funds for her department. At each turn the case becomes more twisty and the action packed ending had me holding my breath!
Filled with suspense and unexpected twists this is a book you will want to read in one sitting. Thank you to the author and NetGalley for the opportunity to read an advanced copy, all opinions shared are my own.
Thanks for the chance to read this early copy. I absolutely love this series and these characters.  The storyline continues seamlessly from book to book. Melinda draws you into their daily life and you feel as if they are your friends. I can’t wait to, hopefully, read more of Bree and Matt’s story.
Book 4 was great! Leigh is a favorite of mine!
Sheriff Bree Taggert’s father killed her mother, then himself. Now Bree and her younger brother, Adam, find human bones on the grounds of their abandoned family farm. The remains are those of a man and a woman, both murdered in the same horrible way.

This book was amazing! I love Bree she is an amazing character and is a favorite of mine!
Enjoyed the mystery here in this novel.
This series gets better and better. Matt and Bree are navigating both a personal and professional relationship and as time passes she slowly is getting over her fear of dogs.

When she goes with Adam to the place where her worst memories happened they discover more than just a squatter in their barn.  They discover remains and now Bree has to face whether or not her father may have murdered more than her mother.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
RIGHT BEHIND HER
...Melinda Leigh
Sheriff Bree starring at her childhood home, the terror that had happened there, trying to forget. Her younger brother Adam tries to remember.
Noise from the barn, there was a squatter inside. Bree found the backpack, laying in the field, and Adam found a skull. The land and place had been idle for 27 years. Bree wondering if her father was connected and with them maybe finding more bodies back there,
Interviewing the squatter, Shawn he called it a killing place and liked living there. His brother supported him, he was into drugs and his interest was in medieval torture.
Finding who the skeletons were, opens the past of what happened to Bree and hiding her sister and brother 27 years ago.
Now would it help Bree to embrace Matt what the future might have for them. Bree and Adam to move forward with love and guidance for their niece and nephew.  Captivating  to the end pages
Given ARC by Net Halley and Montlake for my voluntary review and my honest opinion
In the 4th book of Bree Taggert series, she needs to deal with her past when two bodies had been found at her family's old farm.
While the investigation goes on, Bree has to deal that her father is one of the suspects.

With childhood traumas and trusting people problems since her parents died in a murder-suicide when she was just 8 years old, Bree manages to take another step to strengthen the relationship with her nephews, her brother, and especially with Matt Flynn, the investigative consultant who is once again by her side to close a case that seems unsolved after three decades.

Thank you NetGalley for this advanced copy.

==============

No 4º livro da série, Bree Taggert precisa encarar seu passado quando dois corpos são encontrados na fazenda da sua família.
Enquanto investiga esse caso de 30 anos atrás, Bree precisa lidar com o fato de seu pai ser um dos suspeitos desse crime.

Com traumas de infância e problemas para confiar nas pessoas desde que seu pai
matou a sua mãe e se suicidou em seguida, quando tinha apenas 8 anos, Bree consegue dar mais um passo para estreitar a relação com seus sobrinhos, seu irmão, e principalmente com Matt Flynn, o consultor investigativo que mais uma vez está ao seu lado para encerrar um caso que parece sem solução depois de três décadas.

Agradeço a NetGalley pela cópia avançada.
Another fantastic addition to the series. Bree is a sheriff of her hometown and the discovery of two bodies on here families deserted property opens up her past and memories. Will Bree be able to uncover who killed 2 people 30 yrs ago? Did her dad have anything to do with it?

Absolutely enjoyable story. Easy fast read. Mystery whodunnit people will love it.
Thank you to Netgalley for complimentary copy. Thoughts and opinions are my own.
Another fantastic installment in the Bree Taggert series. I love Bree, she's such a tough character, she carries around so much guilt and responsibilities, and she has this belief she needs to do it on her own. I love Matt, he's so patient and kind and loves Bree and is willing to wait until she's ready. The case hits close to home for all of them, and when her neice is abducted Bree vows to confront her past, not just for her but for those she loves.

The arc of this character is so massive and I'm not sure if there will be more from this series, but if not, I'm happy with how it ends
Right Behind Her, Melinda Leigh's fourth book in the Bree Taggert series, picks up where the prior book left off.  Bree, the local sheriff, is haunted by her past.  Her parents died in a murder / suicide when she was eight years old while she hid her two younger siblings under the steps of their home.  In this book, Bree is reminded that the past is never far behind.  In this story, two bodies are discovered on her family’s property.

Melinda Leigh has quickly become one of my all-time favorite authors.  Her writing style is clean, full of details while short on fluff.  Her books are easy to read and absolute page turners.  I can easily recommend her stories to all.