Cover Image: Tree Magic

Tree Magic

What a thorough look into trees. I enjoyed the personal experiences the author added to the book. I would recommend this.

Thank you to the Publisher and Netgalley for the advanced e-reader copy. All opinions expressed are my own.
This is an absolutely thorough, exhaustive compendium of tree lore, from horticultural background to tree and forest roles in the spiritual beliefs of both Eastern and Western traditions. And this work is so much more –– magical attributes, elemental and planetary correspondences –– these are invaluable guides to appreciating and using nature’s masterpieces in creative ways.
The easiest way to identify a tree species is by studying its leaves, and Ms. Kynes provides well-rendered illustrations along with deeply-researched cultural beliefs and practices that emphasize the metaphysical powers of each species. For energy work, divination, magical tools... trees are a blessing to humankind and this book demonstrates that so very well.
Trees being such magnificent beings I would have preferred more imagery, but an interesting and information read anyway. Unfortunately, the trees that are featured are not local to where I live, but aside from that a worthwhile read, especially for anyone wanting to know more about the magic and wonder of trees.
Sandra Kynes new book is literally everything you need to know about Tree Magick. Included is instruction on how to work with tree energy and a little about tree magic history. A full list of tree profiles with their correspondences is given. This includes trees not only in the northern hemisphere but those that grow in the Southern Hemisphere including some that grow in warmer climates. Spell work and ritual information correlating to each tree is also provided.

Another Sandra Kynes title that everyone should own.

*eArc provided by the publisher and NetGalley
A decent introduction to the trees, runes and ogham. Information about the tree - informational and magic related. Really nice looking.
This is a wonderfully rich and thorough look into trees, their history in magic, and uses. I was so impressed with the amount of research that had to have gone into this treasure of information. In addition to the history and identifying features, (the history, which was utterly fascinating) You will find magical connections, rune information, attributes and associations that will be useful to help the spell-work have deeper meaning. The spell-work ideas are thoughtful and would be good for practitioners of all levels. This book should find many a loving home amid those whose interests lean to nature. I know I will come back to it many times, trying to absorb the history and magic held within.
I have always loved trees. I feel sadness when I see one cut down needlessly or others lack of care for nature . This book is truly excellent. I enjoyed reading it and went out daily to try to find species that are listed. I found more than a few but I also learned more about tree identification in general. I have read many books about nature and nature magic but this is my all time favorite. My favorite part was getting to know a tree. There are ways that I never ever thought of or even heard of mentioned. Also Ms Kynes gives lots of her own personal experiences which I found to be really enjoyable and insightful. All around great book if you want to get outdoors and be part of nature.