Cover Image: The Unofficial TikTok Cookbook

The Unofficial TikTok Cookbook

I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. This is a bright and colorful as well as easy-to-use cookbook but people in my library aren't going to pick it up because TikTok is on it.
I'm not a fan of tiktok but this cookbook was super cute. I think some of these recipes are really dumb and pointless, but I'll be making some of them.
As a avid cookbook reader and from someone who does not know anything about tik tok, I really enjoyed this book. The recipes are so interesting and innovative. As a mother and teacher it gives me inspiration and new creative thoughts to bake and inspire for my students. I would recommend this book to teenagers interesting in baking or cooking and likes tik tok. Or even college bound students who need fun ideas of cooking and learning how to create fun meals on their own.
if you have seen any food from TikTok and wanted to know how they made it. This is the book for you. I really enjoyed it. It had great recipes to try and some tips about how to put it on TiTok. I'm giving The Unofficial TikTok Cookbook a 4 out of 5 stars. Thanks to Netgalley for a e ARC. I am leaving this review voluntarily.
This book just wasn't my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, if you are a fan of TicTok, I think you will find this cookbook right up your alley. It's just not for me!
I am 99% sure I am not in the target demographic for this book as nobody born in the 20th century is.  There are only 5 recipes in this entire cookbook I’d be interested in making: dalgona coffee, white chocolate hot cocoa, hash brown waffles, and the chicken teriyaki in a pineapple. Ok, 4 recipes.   But if you’re a stoner or a kid with healthy arteries there are lots of recipes here you’d probably like.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the e-arc I received in exchange for my honest review.
This was a great cookbook but also very informative about Tik Tok and the nature of viral videos as well. I loved all the extras and was happy to add some of these recipes to my collection.
If you’re expecting a book full of gourmet recipes and professional cooking tips, you might want to take another look at what tik tok actually is! That being said, this was a fun cookbook to check out! I don’t often find myself on the cooking side of tik tok, but I’ve seen a few videos. Especially that viral pasta dish that was going around awhile back. The Unofficial TikTok Cookbook is full of recipes that are fun and interesting, although they are nowhere near the healthiest foods you’ll ever make! The book was full of colorful photos and would be a great book for anybody obsessed with tik tok!
I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

If you are an experienced chef, or want to do some serious family meals, this book isn't going to teach you anything new, instead, its a light- hearted fun recipe book on what's trending on Tik Tok, and I did learn a thing or two on styling my food photos.

The recipes that I tried or caught my eyes are:

- Pink Coconut Drink: i used a red herbal tea bag instead of the hibiscus tea power,  with the coconut milk, it did remind me of the Starbuck's summer Pink drink.

- Mermaid Smoothie Bowl: replaced BLue Majik with Acai, and it was good

- Cookie Butter Croissant: of course it would be delicious

- Pink Chia Pudding- easy and taste good

- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls- easy to make, and very popular with my kid

- Pizza in a mug: This one was just okay, the texture of the cracker was a bit weird

- Unicorn Fudge: I know my daughter will love it, planning to make some for her birthday.
TicToc has taken the nation by storm. It’s full of almost everything, but for cooks, it features recipes with videos showing how to make them. This is fun, of course, but many of the recipes are tempting and delicious, and for some reason, many people have trouble staying away from them. I am one of those who actually makes the recipes I find, so I appreciate the fac t the Valentina Mussi has compiled some of the most popular recipes from TicToc and published hem in an excellent cookbook, The Unofficial TikTok Cookbook: 75 Internet-Breaking Recipes for Snacks, Drinks, Treats, and More!. These are recipes that have gone viral (the phonemon of viral is explained as well as what goes into a TicToc post). Mussi offers a simple explanation of how to create posts on TicToc, which can be helpful if that’s a goal. It’s unfortunate that there aren’t more recipes, but the 75 that Mussi has included are good ones and are also fun.

The drinks chapter has lots of fun drinks that will appeal to both adults and children. They sound wonderful and there are photographs of each one to make them even more tempting. Breakfasts come next with pancakes, sandwiches, grain dishes, casseroles, and waffles. Snacks, Lunch and Dinner, and luscious desserts.

Mussi takes advantage of modern time-saving appliances such as the air fryer and waffle maker, which almost everyone owns. She also offers kitchen hacks, which are often clever and definitely save time.

All told, even though most of us check TicToc often, this cookbook is worth owning and will be used often. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Special thanks to NetGalley for supplying a review copy of this book.
An interesting premise of combining multimedia interests with recipes for the beginner cook. But hella basic and nothing looks particularly appetizing or worth buying the book instead of scrounging the same stuff from the freezer aisle and/or the many many many other places these same recipe ideas are already shared (often with better ingredients or more interesting twists).
In the spirit of full disclosure I'm going to tell you upfront that I know very little about TikTok and have pretty much zero interest in it, however, I do love recipes, cookbooks and cooking. This book includes a selection of recipes that are fun and have flair. There are not photos of every recipe but what photos there are a very visually appealing. Is this for the serious cook? I would say no. But if you are someone who likes to experiment in the kitchen or have kids you might like to entice into the kitchen, I think this is a good choice. The author tosses in some cooking tips and hints along with info about being on TikTok, getting your recipes on there and the tools needed to do so. For me personally most of that was just a waste of space for me that I would have rather seen devoted to more recipes but to each their own.
I liked this cookbook, and it was nice to see quantities and directions  for recipes I’d seen online.  I especially liked the desserts!

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
I have been obsessed with TikTok since quarantine, and I was thrilled to get an advanced copy of this cookbook. I cannot tell you how many times I pass over a recipe on TikTok and wish I had written it down or saved the video so that I could make it later. Lucky for me, someone had the idea to compile the recipes for me! Many were new to me and many were familiar. Thank you to NetGalley and Adams Media for a copy of this audiobook for an honest review.
Definitely a book for hopping on a trend. Cute enough but sort of takes away the “tiktok” element of it by writing it all down in a book, as it were. I don’t know, maybe I’m too cynical but this just seemed unnecessary.
Anyone who enjoys perusing or deep-diving into TikTok will recognize a lot of the recipes presented in this book as popular TikTok trend foods. This is the perfect book for those that are curious about the trends and what to participate! I personally think a lot of them are overindulgent and kind of gross, so I'm not a huge fan, but I think anybody who loves TikTok will enjoy checking out this book.
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this, as I don't use TikTok. However, my daughter squealed with delight when I told her we had gotten a copy of this book. So far, we have tried the strawberry coconut milk drink (a great sub for the Pink Drink), the Hashbrown Waffles, Pizza in a mug, and souffle pancake bites. All have been delicious and did not disappoint! In addition, the recipes are fairly easy and something I can make WITH my kids. Would recommend!
This is a book about what exactly is in the description. It's got all the TikTok recipes for food trends that are all over social media right now. I think this book is great for people who want to physically read the recipes without having to rewatch a video multiple times.
I also think it's important to note the author included ways to beat the algorithm to gain more followers and interactions for people who want to become TikTok creators. Some of the tips can be used regardless of your loacation.
The Unofficial TikTok Cookbook by Valentina Mussi is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in early June.

On the surface, each of these recipes look insanely decadent, rich, fattening, and doused in sugar - in more youthful terms, they’re fluffy and kawaii. Look a bit harder and you’ll learn that, yeah, they really are all of the above, plus made photogenically and sometimes without the aid of a stove or oven. Even while not being the most healthiest person in the world, I can say this is scary, malnutritious territory.
I love watching TikTok and on most nights I get sucked into watching DIY or How To cook something on there. As soon as I saw that this book was available to review, I knew I had to do it. I have already made a few of the things this past weekend for Memorial Day and I fell in love with some of them. Of course since I'm addicted to making drinks, that was the first thing that I had to make. The white Hot Chocolate was my favorite and I can't wait to try the Brown Sugar Boba Milk Tea once I find some boba's I'd like. I have a few other things that are on my must try list and they sure look easy to make. This is a book that once is out I will be adding to my cookbook collection!