Cover Image: Give Thanks

Give Thanks

From what I can tell, this is a nice, thoughtful book for kids on being thankful. Sadly, I find that children's books that I download from Netgalley don't quite work. I've tried on two devices-- a cellphone and a tablet and the books come out odd. Perhaps I will try using a laptop...or one of the other formats ( I downloaded the kindle version). The problem is the formatting. Since I mostly look at paper books in this category, I am uncertain if this is simply how kids' books work as ebooks. That said, thank you to NetGalley, the author and publisher for making this available to me. I am going to look at it again to see if it looks appropriate for my library buying area or if I will recommend it to a co-worker for her area.

Give Thanks is a fantastic children's book about not only being thankful for everything around us (even the littlest smallest things) but encouraging a positive mindset to look around us and find the good and positive things every day no matter how big or small.
I live how this book teaches and shows 50 different activities and ways in which to find and discover these things.
In a world of increasing worry, anxiousness, stress and fear this book is a beneficial and inspirational way to help instill mindfulness and positivity in future generations from a young age. Bravo!!
This is a really cute book, the illustrations are really bright, easy on the eye and the text is easy to read and follow. This book is all about ways to give thanks, I recommend this book and think children and adults would love it. Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book.
My kids and I really love this book! Its bright, happy illustrations and positive, uplifting text make a wonderful pair. I would love to purchase a hard copy of this book for our family and copies for friends, too! This is the type of book you want to be able to pick up again and again to refer back to.
Give Thanks presents readers with a multitude of kid-friendly ways to practice gratitude. I feel that starting to incorporate such a practice at an early age is something that will help my kids as they grow. It is also great for me to be able to share and go through these exercises with them! I think this is a perfect book for anyone interested in establishing an attitude of gratitude in children. It would be wonderful for teachers to use this book, too!
There are things such as take a mindful walk, thank your community, be a helper, appreciate animals, and notice the good stuff included amongst many others. Each page includes cute, modern illustrations and tips on how to complete the exercises in gratitude. I truly just think this is such a special book that has the ability to change families' lives. We all go through tough times, but things like the content of this book can help us to shift our focus a bit to think about what we can be thankful for.
I absolutely love this book. Not only does it encourage children to be thankful and appreciate what they have but it also offers great examples of activities to children where they can give thanks. I think interactive books like this book, Give Thanks, are beneficial to children. In a world where most things are easily assessible to children, it is important that children are taught to appreciate what they have. It is a great tool that can be accessed for play ideas by care givers and practitioners like myself.

It is full of brightly illustrated pages which are fun and inviting. They are easy to interpret and the text that accompanies them is easy to understand. The activities in the book are ones that are easy to do and I think children will enjoy taking part in them.

A great interactive way to encourage thanks and spread joy and positivity with little ones.

**I received an advanced copy of this book to read and review. Thank you NetGalley, the author and publisher for allowing me this opportunity**
This was brilliant!

A wide range of thought exercises, activities, and topics for further discussion with little ones.
Perfect for introducing the habit of gratitude and mindfulness at a young age to develop a good relationship with mental health.

Will definitely be buying a copy for my niblings!
So, SO good. Lots of fantastic ideas to incorporate more gratitude into the everyday or a special occasion. Appropriate for a wide mix of ages because you can easily adapt and develop these concepts as needed.
Cute book and I love the encouragement! It's always a good time for positivity and I salute the author for that!

Thank you Net Galley for the advance reader copy in exchange for my honest review!
This is a wonderfully colourful book which would make a great gift for a child 5 - 8 years old. HOWEVER it is really American. There are many words which British children don't use so I wouldn't buy it for that reason. Great idea and beautifully presented.
'Give Thanks' is a gratitude book that is aimed at children under the age of 7.  It gives them ideas of what to be thankful for, and how to help around the home or by looking after a pet. Overall there are 50 ideas, including crafts, games, family activities, and more.

The ideas are simple and the pictures/illustrations that accompany the prompts are super cute.  The text is quite large and appealing for the smaller children too.

I received this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.
The book features 50 simple activity prompts, from starting a gratitude journal and taking a thankfulness walk to playing gratitude games at the dinner table and making thankful flowers (the petals represent points of gratitude), that go beyond simply saying “thanks,” all brought to life by the irresistably charming illustrations of Hsinping Pan. Each page offers an encouraging, uplifting, actionable way to help kids recognize they are fortunate — and to feel good about their place in the world.
I love how practical this book's gratitude suggestions are. I love the fun, bright art, too! It's one I will be recommending to all those with families as a tool to help teach thankfulness to both our kids and the adults.  Great for schools and definitely worth a read.
What a cute book with some really useful activities to try to encourage gratitude and appreciation.

Although the illustrations were simple they were effective.  The message was simple and yet very clear, it has inspired me to do some of these very doable activities with my children and even just by myself.
This is such a lovely children's book. The illustrations are diverse and pleasing to look at. The content is great for teaching younger kids how to be grateful and ways to put gratitude into practice. This would make a fantastic gift!
Give Thanks by Naomi Shulman has adorable illustrations and the message directed at kids is just as valuable for adults. Written as a series of short activities and uplifting affirmations, it can help everyone find something to feel thankful for.
Even on days when you are sick, or just in a bad mood, when it's easy to focus on the problem. Finding things to be thankful for can help you start to feel better and focus on a solution.
It is a long read for a young child to sit through, and it is not a book that expects you to finish all of the activities in one day. However, this is beneficial, because finding gratitude is not a skill you want to stick on the shelf and forget. A few sticky notes on the pages you want to re-visit or ideas to try on a weekend will keep the message of Give Thanks fresh in your mind.
After reading it you will easily find places to implement the sparks of gratitude it ignites. Feeling grateful for the small things in life is a skill we could all benefit from practicing more. Whether you are reading this book to a child, or to yourself (because your child is already off and running with the task on the first page), you will be surprised to find so many good things surrounding you, when you take the time to be conscious of them, and thankful.
I love how practical this book's gratitude suggestions are. I love the fun, bright art, too! It's one I will be recommending to the families I work with as a tool to help teach thankfulness to both the kids and the adults.
Being thankful and gratitude for something is always a nice thing and this book  gives 50 such opportunities for all of us including kids and adults to be thankful for the things in life. The good thing is that kids do not fall prey to mental illnesses like depression so easily but the adults do and in time like those it's important to show gratitude for this things that we have in life and not cribbing aobut the things that we do not have.

Over all I  liked this  book but I am still wondering if there are any downsides of being too thankful for the things in life ? Can't the kids take few things for granted  like love of the elders in the family ?
It's a good book for both kids and adults, the Words are touchable and makes me feel the importance of gratitude and saying thank you.
So you can read it with your kid to show him the importance of doing that and you can do these activities together.
Thanks for the opportunity to review this children’s book. I think that the strength of this book is in its aims to help collate the messages of gratitude. It is geared toward young folks, and I think that it’s best application would be in a classroom or guidance capacity.
This book is a beautiful beginner’s journey into gratitude practices for elementary students. I could see it being used in a multitude of ways, but the book seems like it would work best when a child goes through the book with a trusted adult such as a parent or teacher. Teacher’s could create lesson plans using the book and even turn some of the gratitude suggestions into group projects. As a School Psychologist, I could use this book directly with students during social skills lessons.
Being thankful is a great state of mind to have and this great little book will help you to do just that. It takes simple ways of exploring gratitude and turns them into one off or daily activities to ensure that thankfulness is kept centre stage. Some of the tasks can be completed alone whilst others can involve the whole family.

The ideas here would be good to explore as a family or in a school environment. Only four stars because although they’re great ideas, none of them are particularly revolutionary. Having said that, it’s a good idea to have them gathered together in one book.

I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.