Cover Image: Ten in a Hurry

Ten in a Hurry

I was invited by the publisher to read this story on Netgalley.com. Ten in a Hurry was colorful, cute and original. Kids will enjoy this cute story.
I loved this book; it was full of everything I look for in a kids book. It taught a lesson and had counting and the colors were nice and vibrant. You can't go wrong with fish.
This book has everything going for it, for fun, we have great rhyme, vibrant illustrations and the thrill of the fish being gobbled up.  Then there’s the added educational bonus of counting backwards from 10 and learning colours.  I like that it’s just not red, blue, green etc, we have turquoise and gold thrown in for good measure as well.
The dark pages of this book, representing the depths of the ocean really make the colours of the fish stand out.
It’s the perfect blend of fun and educational value and it’s sure to be a hit, especially as a read aloud.

Thanks to NetGalley and SOURCEBOOKS Kids, for the opportunity to review this title
This fun, colourful rhyming book for young children is an absolute joy to read. It introduces readers to numbers, counting backwards from 10 and a range of colours in such a light, easy and accessible way. It is perfect for reading aloud and children will love joining in. I cannot recommend this book highly enough and hope it finds it way to bookshelves everywhere.
A fun and silly book for little ones! My toddler and I loved reading this book together. She loved the bright illustrations, the "silly fishies!" and the fun story. I loved talking to her about the colors, numbers, and what was happening. I highly recommend for all young readers!
"Ten in a Hurry" would make a good read aloud for ages 2-5. I can already see it being made into many flannel adaptations!

I think young readers will enjoy the simple illustrations, lilting rhyme scheme and surprise ending! My library has ordered several copies and I cannot wait to share it in storytime.
In the same format at 10 on a Twig, Cole is back and this time not only is there counting there are also colors! It's a great rhyming book with fun illustrations that make for easy counting.  If you enjoyed 10 on a Twig, you will love this one too!
This book uses rhyming text to teach young children colors and numbers. It is a cute and engaging title. Children will enjoy the surprise ending and be reassured that all is well.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this title. All opinions are my own.
Wonderful easy to read picture book that is very interactive. Would be great selection for a storytime with younger reads as it could help them identify colors and can help with counting.
I'm always looking for engaging books to read that teach math concepts, especially one that shows counting and cardinality.  Ten in a Hurry is a book that I would easily use in my kindergarten classroom to showcase counting down by 10 or even in a beginning addition lesson to showcase part/part/whole.  The power of this book is in the simple words and colorful, yet simple illustrations.  It can lead to many read aloud conversations about numbers and colors.

Thank you Netgalley and Sourcebooks Kids for an advanced ebook in exchange for an honest review.  This book will be published 10/4/21.  Highly recommend to preorder if you're an primary grades educator or a parent to young kids.
Colourful and simple text that rhymes on every page. Love the colour contrast of the fish on each page and how they are portrayed inside the big fish! A great fun read with little kiddos!
This is an excellent book for any preschool or daycare that is looking to teach colors, numbers, or ocean animals. The inclusion of the flaps as you count down from 10 to 1 is sure to entice many children to participate. I love the combination of colors and numbers. I also know that my preschoolers would absolutely love acting out the chomp chomp eating of the shark, whether through making sound effects during the story or later playing with felt board or toys. I definitely recommend!
This is a great way to teach colors and numbers to small children. The illustrations are vibrant and eye popping. A school of rainbow fish are eaten one by one. In the end, they are burped free. A simple story that’s a good teaching tool.
This is a short book to teach numbers and colors with very eye-catching and high contrast illustrations.
This book was a little young for my kiddos but would be better suited for little ones under the age of 5. We enjoyed it though and the fishies were super cute! I liked that it had both numbers and colors. Usually books only select one of those items to feature, so the combination makes this one stand out.
Straight forward rhyming counting book that ends with a twist to delight audiences. Great title for the beginning of school read aloud for pre-K and kinder classrooms. A first purchase for libraries and classrooms.
🇩🇪 Für die Kleinsten, ein süßes Buch und eigentlich aus dem Kindergarten als Fingerspiel oder Reim bekannt. 10 kleine Fische schwimmen in einer Reihe und am Ende bleibt nur einer übrig, bis dann wieder alle zum Vorschein kommen. Einfach zauberhaft. In der englischen Version heißt es 10 in Eile, die meisten kennen es wahrscheinlich als 10 Fische schwimmen in einem See.

🇬🇧 For the little ones, a sweet book and actually known from kindergarten as a finger game or rhyme.  10 small fish swim in a row and in the end there is only one left until they all come out again.  Simply lovely.
10 colorful fish are on their way, but do they realize they are in danger? A bigger fish is swimming behind them, ready to gulp them down! As their number dwindles, his size increases – but this may not be the end for the line of fish. This rhyming concept book counts backward from 10 and expands the color palate beyond just ROY G BIV – look for turquoise and gold within this colorful school. The relatively simple text manages to convey the suspense of the chase. More sensitive young readers may not appreciate the peril of the fish, but are sure to enjoy the ultimately silly ending. The brightly colored digital illustrations and cutaway pages are sure to please. Seashells on the endpages will inspire both real and imagined trips to the seashore!
Ten in a Hurry by Lo Cole is a brightly colored, delightful counting book that has a little tension but it is all perfectly resolved by the end of the book. Best for ages 2-5, concepts of numeracy and color identification are cleverly addressed by a dangerous trip across the ocean on the way to "school" for a family of fish. Great opportunities for interactivity by the caregiver or librarian sharing this book with younger kids, including making your hand into a big fish to chomp each fish and countdown from 10 to 1.
Ten In a Hurry is  wonderful for back to school in a K-1 classroom. The sea theme is attractive and the illustrations and set up of the book are super engaging for little learners. I can see using this book to introduce the concept of decreasing - subtraction and friends of ten and of course colors - all concepts covered in 1st grade curriculum. Kids won't even realize they are doing math while they follow along as the BIG fish starts eating the little fishes. Thank you to NetGalley and SOURCEBOOKS Kids for the advanced copy in return for my honest review. Can't wait to add this one to my school library.