Cover Image: Moms Don't Have Time to Have Kids

Moms Don't Have Time to Have Kids

I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I usually dont read any non- fictions but really enjoyed reading this book. Different women came together to tell similar stories based on their life, how to sleep, go out, diet, work even cope with illness as a mom. Some stories were laughing out loud funny, some are tear jerkers, all of them resonated deeply with me.
Funny, insightful, thoughtful, humorous, these essays on motherhood will resonate with moms in various stages of life. For collections with a strong demand for non-fiction of the humor/memoir variety.
Thank you Zibby Owens for coming around and being a breath of fresh air for mothers during this particular time in our lives when we are caring for young kids, possibly older parents, figuring out our marriages and careers.  She is right, moms don't have time to do much!

This is an anthology of essays from your favorite writers on these topics within motherhood.  I giggled (and I don't giggle).  I cried (and I don't cry) as these women found space to share their wins and losses that are so relatable and comforting.  And anyone that gives me permission to nap on a regular basis is a winner in my book.

This is a book that I will be turning back to time and time again when I'm looking for some reassurance and realness.

Thank you Netgalley and Skyhorse Publishing for the ARC!
This collection of essays about motherhood was fantastic. It was so relatable. The collection is broken up into five sections. I loved the sections “Moms Don’t Have Time to Sleep” and “Moms Don’t Have Time to Get Sick”.  Some of the essays were humorous. It was great getting different perspectives on various topics. This is a great book and I highly recommend it.
Zibby Owens manages to find a diverse group of authors to pen essays about topics, such as sleep and illness. They are short to read, easy to pick up and put down, and I look forward to picking it up each evening to read more! This is the second book in this series, and I really enjoyed the first one. These have also introduced me to new writers I want to read more from. I recommend this book to any reader, not just parents (though most of the essays are about parenting).
Loved this book! I enjoyed the stories about the lives of these women outside the realm of motherhood. It’s a wonderful look into the minds and workings of great women.
A surprisingly interesting book. It is always good during this pandemic to read about the experiences of other parents. I like how the sections of this book were divided, the themes presented : sleep, sickness, writing, diet. Although writers were coming from different backgrounds, very often their thoughts and feelings were resonating in me.
When you familiar with Chicken soup series,  you will like this book.  Each chapters is based of real stories.
We can get theme as mommies don't get enough time to have kids,  meet friends,  get sick, write a books.
The voices is friendly and soothing. Some make us grateful with our life.
But I honestly expect more issue about struggling mommies/daddies and how they solve that.  Some stories write beautifully but not the right story I need when I pick up this book.
I am loving this anthology of essays about motherhood. It’s relatable and comforting to read others accounts of motherhood and their way of dealing with whatever situation they’re presenting. I found the Moms Don’t Have Time to be Sick section especially poignant. I also really enjoy the essay format. I’m not usually a person that can read more than one book at a time, but with this format I’m able to do so. This is perfect for taking along to errands or appointments as you can read an essay or two at a time and put it down and come back to it with no problem. Thank you so much to netgalley for an early copy of my own as I know there are passages I will want to read over and over again.
Zibby Owens has done it again with her new anthology, "Moms Don't Have Time To Have Kids."  As the follow-up to her quarantine anthology, "Moms Don't Have Time To,” her latest offering shines even brighter than her first.  Ms Owens (no-doubt the hardest working person in our current literary world) has this time compiled essays under the headings...Moms Don't Have Time to.....sleep, get sick, see friends, write, and lose weight.  Some poignant, some humorous, but all very real, these essays will delight, entertain and encourage every reader.  No telling what is next on Ms. Owens' plate, but I, for one, can't wait to see what it is.
i super enjoyed reading this non fiction book! it was so much fun and super helpful for me to learn more about this particular subject. thanks so much, netgalley!
A wonderful collection of essays .From hilarious takes on parenthood to truly heart wrenching tales of illness.I recognized many of the essayists have read their novels or nonfiction,It was really interesting to get a peek at their real lives to find how sone cope during the pandemic with grown kids home how Allison Pataki goes to a hotel alone on her  birthday to enjoy the quiet no kids no husband.  Zibby Owens personal essay shares her health crisis.I found something interesting compelling in each essay.
This book has something for every kind of mom out there and an essay for a different experience you might be going through. I enjoyed the humorous stories, some I could relate to. Other ones I was grateful to read to know how I wasn’t alone in my experience as a mother. It’s hard being a mom, but like this collection of essays shared, we aren’t alone. The other thing I enjoyed is that it isn’t an outdated collection, this is for our current times and experiences as we go through a unique situation. You won’t be getting lectured about how it’s a mom’s duty to stay home, but it’s a unifying group of essays. I’ll be picking up more from this author in the future.
**Coming November 2, 2021**

Thanks to Sky Horse Publishing and Netgalley, I was chosen to be an early reviewer!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Zibby Owens does it again with another thoughtful anthology this time with the sections Mom’s Don’t Have Time to.. sleep, get sick, see friends, write, and lose weight.  Each author describes their own experiences on the topic they chose to write about in a deeply moving and personal way. Each essay is a heartfelt, honest, and real account of their lives. Even some of the authors chose  to write about the impact of Covid-19 pandemic had on their lives.

I especially resonated with the topics Mom’s don’t have time to get sick and sleep. As a mother, there are times where sleep Is overrated and it seems when we get sick,  it’s at absolutely worst time. It’s nice to read about other mom’s experiences as it makes it feel more normal and not so alone.

This book is perfect for your nightstand, where you can read the book from start to finish, pick it up and read an entire section or even just read an essay that resonates with you at the time. It’s a book that you can keep coming back to for reflection. #Zibbyowens #skyhorsepublishing
This is a great collection of essays for moms. Some are poignant while others are funny.  The entire book is captivating and memorable. I highly recommend this to all moms! Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.
This book wasn’t at all what I expected.  It is a collection of letters/memoirs from people about important times in their lives and some amusing stories about the trials of parenthood.

I thought that some were very amusing and I related to them, others were a little sadder to read and came across as a little more serious.

I enjoyed reading this book and would look out for more titles by this author.