Cover Image: Good Catch

Good Catch

This is a cute romance that involves helping family out and finding new dreams with disabilities.  This was a fun enemies to lovers romance. I enjoyed that the book talked about a family business and the pressure to help with it. This is book 2 of Harper Landing series and can be read as a stand alone.  The story follows former ballerina Marlo and her childhood enemy Ben as circumstances force them together and they realize that they might not hate each other after all. A few of the characters are a bit over the top (Marlo’s parents and Hunter) but everyone else was charming and brought the small town to life. Harper and Ben’s issues and insecurities felt real and their transition from enemies to lovers felt natural. Marlo and Ben are equally matched characters but childhood grudges initially prevent them from truly seeing the other. As they spent time together they realize that they are perfect for each other and waste no time makes their intentions known.  I like the fact the plot has both Marlo and Ben facing diversity in their young lives (Ben is dyslexic and Marlo had to abandon a professional dancing career due to an injury) and yet each maintains a positive spirit.

Nice easy read that entertains.

Thank you to the author, publisher and netgaley for the ARC in exchange for a review.
#GoodCatch #JenniferBardsley #HarperLanding  #netgalley
I'm sorry but no. This book was a no for me. I tried my hardest to read this book. But I gave up halfway into this book. I could not stand the main characters at all. All they did was bitter with each other. It was not the fun kind of bittering, more hateful. That's not something I want to read. Sorry but not sorry.
The perfect hallmark like, fall book! Marlo and Ben have hated each other since school but their feelings start to change. Making this a cute enemies to lovers slow burn! I also love the small town setting, it gives such a cozy atmosphere!

Marlo and Ben are both amazing characters with great chemistry. This is a slow burn so it takes them a little while to find each other but it’s worth it! You see them go on dates with other people before they realize their feelings for each that which draws it out. The dates are fun and often funny but I wish we got to see a bit more of Ben and Marlo together. The town was described so well, creating a loving and cozy setting! The setting felt perfect for this story and I love all the thought the author put into it!
Oh how I miss Harper Landing so much! It's good to be back to their town. I miss the characters and the shops.

This story follows Marlo and Ben as they found their way to each other after years of having conflicts with each other. They both met when they were children but they got only really close years later.

I love Marlo's insights and her mindset. She is amazing and always voices out her opinions. She's also strong for choosing to keep going even if its hard for her. Even if life was testing her. Ben is also amazing as he was shown as very helpful to his family and friends. He's humdble and doesn't want to admit that his good at something even if he really is. Marlo appreciated that part of Ben's characteristic. They both complete each other's lives and happiness and how they both overcome challenges that life throws at them was admiring.

I recommend this book if you love romance set in a small but amazing town!
Good Catch is a sweet and quick read for fans of small-town romances. ⁣
⁣
It tells the story of Ben and Marlo who have been frenemies since their childhood. They have different backgrounds, interests, and plans for the future. There is nothing that really connects them… unless you count their bad luck in the dating department and distaste for each other.⁣
⁣
After their latest failed relationships, they both end up making separate bets with their parents about dating. Too bad that the dating options suck in a small-town dating scene. Both go on dates that turn out to be disasters.⁣
⁣
Somewhere along the way, they start to spend more and more time together. Soon their old hurt and hate aren’t as strong as they seemed to think in the beginning.⁣
⁣
I enjoyed my reading experience as some of the themes mentioned like dating and financial struggles are very common themes for me.⁣
⁣
The story itself just didn’t make it to my favorites. Maybe I should try to read the first book of the series to understand some of the characters better. ⁣
⁣
It was still a good read. Just not for me this time.
**This is an honest review in exchange for a free copy of the book. Thank you Netgalley, Jennifer Bardsley, and Montlake** Good Catch is book 2 in the Harper Landing series. I love this world and I think the writing style and quality is really good. Though this book was more of a stand alone, it was still fun to follow a new couple in the small town of Harper Landing. Themes include the dating scene (some cringey bad dates), community members uniting around adversity, financial struggles, and the value of the elderly in a community. There was an odd storyline in here that I didn't think added to the story nor enriched it; it actuality it cheapened it a bit and was incredibly awkward for me personally (the main character's parents). I don't know if the author is planning to keep going in the series, but I will certainly pick it up if she does!
This is an enemies to lovers romance, my favorite! Marlo Jonas has known Ben Wexler-Lowery since elementary school and they don’t like each other for one reason or another. Fast forward and they are both on the dating scene trying online dating through an app. As they go through some funny and some horrible dates, they keep bumping into each other and spending time together, and soon these enemies are seeing each other in a new way…
I loved this sweet story. The dates were so fun to read and Ben’s Ex-girlfriends (he was still friends with all of them) were so entertaining! I loved being back to Harper Landing, there’s something about small town settings in romance books!
𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗖𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 by Jennifer Bardsley, the second book in her Harper Landing series, was such a fun book and I love the enemies to lovers. Ben and Marlo are great characters, and watching their dates made me root for them both. It was also interesting to see their different views on their history and watch their perceptions change.
Thanks to Kate Rock Book Tours, the publisher, and the author for the opportunity to read an advanced copy of the book. All opinions are my own and freely given.
#GoodCatch #JenniferBardsley #HarperLanding #KateRockBookTours #Montlake #amazonpublishing
After knowing each other since kindergarten Ben and Marlo are both on a dating app trying to find the one. This was a slow burn type of romance. Almost too much of a slow burn for me. I wish there were more parts of the book where they are together as a couple than they are with other people because of the multiple dates. I did like this book. It was a sweet romance over all.

I received this ARC through #netgalley and I am voluntarily reviewing this book
I love a good book that’s set in the Pacific Northwest. This one was so fun to read. Firstly, it has my favorite romance trope: enemies to lovers. Secondly, I love a book with a good map and there’s a cute one of Harper Landing in the beginning. Thirdly, I’m loving the backstories of the main characters and how they are coming together. Plus the secondary characters are so much fun to read.

I’m happy to say that this book is part of a series and I cannot wait to read more about Harper Landing!
Good Catch
Author, Jennifer Bardsley
Pub date: 10.5.21

Thank you @katerockbooktours, Montlake Publishing, @Netgalley, and author Jennifer Bardsley for my #gifted e- ARC of Good Catch, the second novel in the Harper Landing series. I read Good Catch without reading the first novel in the series, Sweet Bliss, and it was easily read as a stand-alone.

Good Catch is a light and cozy enemies- to- lovers romance that was a perfect fall read. It had all the emotions of a new relationship- butterflies, awkwardness, humor, and excitement- all with a happy Hallmark ending.

Set in the small atmospheric town of Harper Landing in Washington, Marlo, a former ballerina, is now a barre and spin instructor at her parent's fitness center. She is an independent and beautiful woman who has made some poor decisions in the past regarding her relationships. After yet another break up, her dad challenges her to date someone for their inner qualities versus their outward appearance. Meanwhile Ben, Seattle Times Journalist, is having a few struggles of his own. He's dating interesting and quirky women, but his mother believes he is deserving of someone who appreciates Ben for how wonderful he truly is. Ben has a few insecurities based on a learning disability, is struggling to make ends meet financially, and is such a nice guy that has a hard time setting boundaries.

The two have been enemies since kindergarten- enemies with serious misunderstandings. Neither have ever tried online dating- until they both are inspired by their parents to expand their dating horizons and try to find a match on the online dating app, Good Catch. As both Marlo and Ben suffer through some interesting and awkward dates, the two are faced with multiple connections that keep bringing them together. Can they break down the barriers of their past and find exactly what they're looking for in each other? I loved the witty banter, relatability, and the strong connections between the characters and will absolutely look forward to another novel in Bardsley's Harper Landing series. A sweet romance novel that will make you believe in the power of meant- to- be love and of the bonds of family.
While I loved the idea of a small town romance, there were a lot of characters to keep track of.  While I enjoyed the idea of enemies to lovers romance, the characters took a long time to realize what was between them and many side characters I wasn't a fan of.  I also found the parents relationship strange and wasn't sure about the need to add in the dynamic to make the romance storyline.  I do know this is part of a series so perhaps it is important to read book 1 or we will see the characters fleshed out more as the series continues.
Such a cute book! I want to go to Harper Landing! This book feels like it was made to be a Hallmark movie. The enemy to lovers trope is satisfying and not overly done. The use of a dating app and the challenges are cute. I will say there are a lot of characters to keep track of, so if you struggle with names, you might need to draw a diagram. I thought the character of Katelyn was annoying, but she was made to be that way, I think. I didn’t even like her when she became kind of nice. I just didn’t find any qualities in her that were good. Also, Marlo’s parents relationship was weird and I didn’t think the book needed the extra conflict with their weirdness. Otherwise, a strong book!
A sweet enemies to lovers book where we can see the potential long before they ever will. It's a welcome trope in romance, and this book managed the storyline well.
Thanks to NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Overall I enjoyed this read. This book was well-written and the story was entertaining. There were some clichés with some of the side characters that were unnecessary. The story lagged a bit in the middle, but I still wanted to find out what happened. Marlo and Ben were adorable. They were longtime frenemies in a very small town, and while they orbited each other, they were never friends. They each harbored animosity towards the other. All of which quickly evaporated with simple conversations. Much of the book is spent with the main characters going on terrible dates while building a sort of accidental friendship and feelings for the other. Once they get together things move very quickly. This is a clean romance with a hefty dose of chemistry and a feel-good HEA.
4 Stars.

Marlo and Ben have both grown up in Harper's Landing, and have been enemies since childhood. They both also have terrible luck in the dating game. When they match on a dating app, will their luck change?

Good Catch is the second in the Harper Landing series, and it was good to be back! This is a sweet, funny romance novel that was a quick and easy read - a nice change from a lot of the heavy crime novels I've been reading lately. If you're after a cute and clean romance, this is for you!
This was a solid read.  Good storyline and good characters.  I didn’t like how quickly they got engaged, but I also understand the romance genres need for the happy ending.  I liked a lot of the characters they were super cute and quirky, I can see lots of materiel for future books too.  Overall I thought it was good,
This was a great read. I extremely enjoyed it and her previous book as well. Highly recommend this author
This was a sweet, feel good read. Marlo & Ben have been arch enemies since school and definitely had no plans on changing that. Interfering parents cause some havoc and a cute enemies to lovers romance is born. I really enjoyed this small town cute read.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗹𝗼𝘁:
Marlo Jonas is a former professional ballerina for a Seattle dance company who suffered a career-ending injury and now works at her parents' gym teaching barre and spin classes in the Washington town of Harper's Landing.

Her childhood nemesis, Ben Wexler-Lowrey, is a journalist for the Seattle Times and helps his parents at their local bakery when he can.

Both have been unlucky in love, and unbeknownst to each other, sign up for the dating app Good Catch and embark on a series of less than successful dates.

𝗜 𝗧𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁:
This book is the second in the Harper Landings series, and even though I enjoyed the first book, I liked this one even more. The author said she was in a very happy frame of mind when she wrote this edition, and it comes through in the book.

The Harper Landing books are often compared to Hallmark movies because of the charming small-town vibe and slow-burn romance, and since I spend most of December watching Hallmark Christmas movies, that's just fine with me. These books, however, are not overly sweet, and the characters contend with meatier issues their television counterparts usually don't face, such as struggling to earn a living wage and housing affordability.

I especially love the fictional town of Harper's Landing and all the Washington details (Archie McPhee, anyone?) that make me want to visit the Emerald state soon.

This charming romance story is perfect for some cozy reading or a break from heavier Spooky Season reads.

Thank you to @letstalkbookspromo and @amazonpublishing @jenniferbardsleyauthor for the copy of this book and book tour. Opinions are mine.