Cover Image: Santa Cruise

Santa Cruise

Fern Michaels is one of those authors that you know you are going to enjoy her books. Even if she's writing the Godmother series or just off on a tangent with a different story about brand new characters, it's guaranteed to be enjoyable. So when I read Santa, Cruise I felt a little disappointed. The story seemed really predictable and the characters weren't very memorable. Everybody dressed in great outfits, the food was fantastic and nothing bad ever happened. Everyone had a happy ending. But then about halfway through the book I realized something. Reading Santa, Cruise is like therapy. Every now and then the story doesn't have to be dramatic or scary or sad. Every now and then it's nice to think that good things do happen. It's nice to think that we can have lifelong friendships and great adventures together. And it's really nice to think that everyone can have a happy ending. So, if you need a little bit of therapy because of the madness of our world these days, I highly recommend Santa, Cruise. It is a Christmas book but you are on a tropical cruise so you get the most of both worlds. I voluntarily received a copy of this book from net galley.
I was excited to read this book, however it was a disappointment for me. The major players were portrayed as being older than they were. It also seemed as if the author was never on a cruise as she had money exchanging hands and they were able to get in the specialty restaurants very easily. Anyone that cruises knows you have to make reservations very early in the day or even days out and there is no money exchanged on the cruise everything is charged to the room.

** I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchnage for a honest review**
4 lifelong friends meet at their 15th class reunion and plan to go on a “singles” cruise after the holidays. They all meet someone and had a great time on the ship. I enjoyed this quick read and at times, I felt like I was on the cruise ship with them. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this early release in exchange for my honest review.
I was hoping for more from the Santa Cruise by Fern Michaels as I love Christmas stories and I've always enjoyed her novels.  I was very disappointed in this one.

The 4 protagonists, in spite of being in their mid 30s sounded like a bunch of 50 year olds on their first singles cruise.  So much time was spent describing their outfits (how many young, single women will go on a cruise ship and dress for dinner in capris and a top?) for each event, their apartments, the food and daily routine on the ship once they finally got on it that there was little space left for character development.  I couldn't wait to finish the book, just so it was over.  There were also several side stories that could have been left out because they had no bearing on the girls' cruise story.  All in all I was disappointed in the novel.  It could have been so much better.

Thank you to the author, Kensington Books, and NetGalley for an ARC of this novel in exchange for my honest review.   #SantaCruise #NetGalley #Fern Michaels
4 ladies who have been estranged reunite at a high school reunion and plan a cruise for the holidays. When they’re together again, the sky’s the limit on fun and frolic. Delightful read.
I received an electronic ARC from Kensington Books through NetGalley.
Michaels shares the story of four high school friends who gather for their high school reunion. Each is yearning for something different and they decide to take a Singles Cruise over New Year's. Close to the first half of the book is spent on introducing the characters to the readers, and then the cruise begins. As it's a romance, yes, there are relationships that develop for each of the women, but the overall story is about each of them - Frankie, Amy, Nina, Rachael - finding confidence to take the next steps on their life journeys. There are moments when the story drags. However, readers will connect with these women and see themselves somewhere in this story.
SANTA CRUISE By Fern Michaels
Romance fiction
368 pages

In Fern Michaels adorable new holiday book we meet four women who bonded in high school but have since went their separate ways. They meet again at a high school reunion and all decide to go on a single cruise over Christmas holidays to unwind from life and just have some girls fun. Sounds like a good time but all 4 of these personalities together can cause some hilariously funny scenarios.

I love Fern Michaels books!!!!!!  In my opinion her books are comfortable books when you want a good laugh or a delightful read either way.  Her newest book is adorable with loving characters that make you fall in love with them and wish you were part of their possie. I highly recommend this book.
Santa Cruise takes us the trip of the season with 4 high school friends who lost touch over the years.  They may not be where they thought they would be by now in life but a trip with old friends may be just what they need!  They thought they were looking for love but they learn to love themselves first!

The characters were fun and the plot moved along nicely!  It wasn't my typical "holiday" read but it was fun all the same!
It's been 15 years since they graduated from high school but Frankie, Rachel, Amy and Nina are still friends.  And they all feel like they're missing something - romance.  They decide to take a cruise together at Christmas and, well you can guess what happens.  These four are all fairly successful but they're also a little immature, which could be a reversion to high school attitudes etc. when they're together.  There aren't any surprises here but it makes for a good read to relax after a long day.  Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.  Oh to be able to cruise again.
For the experience of a cruise, this book goes into the details of one with four women. Sure, we meet other Cruise-goers but it’s how the lives of Frankie, Amy, Nina, and Rachael interact with others that will entertain you. Good friends that support you is encouraging and helps towards life’s uncertainties. The characters’ lives change for the better. The ending left me hanging (I needed more details about boyfriends) but maybe that was the author’s intention as this is the first book I’ve read by this popular author.
A group of friends decides to go on a cruise together if they don’t have dates for New Year’s Eve. They have adventure after adventure aboard the ship, and find new friendships and romances. This was an enjoyable, lighthearted story!
High school best friends decide to go on a singles cruise.  This is a light, cute romance with some humor.   There were a lot of characters to keep track of.  I liked the characters, but there was a lot of focus on what the women were wearing that could have been left out.   If you are looking for a predictable light romance this is it.  Thank you to net  galley for an advanced readers copy.
This is a fun holiday read about strong women, friendship, family, evaluating life choices, recognizing what’s important, and finding love. I enjoyed the characters, the setting, and the positive, easy-going tone of the story.
High school best friends Amy, Frankie, Nina and Rachael all meet up at their 15 year high school reunion.  They live in different parts of the country with success in their lives.  All are currently single.  They agree to all meet up again for a Christmas singles cruise.  Having four different main characters all looking for love it takes a lot of to get their back stories, family and work connections and potential love interests all sorted out.  In fact it isn't until 45 percent of the way through the book before they meet up for the cruise.  The women are all lighthearted and fun and even though some have potential serious things going on nothing is treated overly seriously.  There didn't seem time to have quiet conversations or reflective moments.

This is a clean, light and fluffy romance.  Because there are several people to keep track of I wasn't really attached to any of them.  One thing that stood out to me as odd is that none of these women sounded like they were 32-33 years old.  It's the first book that while reading it I clearly knew it was written by someone much older.  If I had to guess their ages by their talking I would have said mid 50s.  I know Ferm Michaels has been writing for decades but if she is going to write contemporary romances someone needs to edit them for contemporary culture references.  Flash mob dances and favorite movies from the 1990s date the characters.  Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for an ARC ebook in exchange for an honest review.
Fern Michael’s books always seem to deliver just what I need at the time I read her latest. The Santa Cruise is about a fun single’s cruise with four friends who are living large. Will they meet someone special? Will they make career changes? The writing keeps the story moving along at a good clip. Each woman brought her own special magic to the plot. I did like Giovanni the best for the possible love interests. It’s a fun frothy read without the emphasis on the holiday, instead cruising to warm climates. Exchange your sleigh for a cruise ship.
What's not to love ? One of my go to authors and the holidays it was easy to read and enjoy this! Great story and characters I read it in A sitting! I highly recommend this book to all lovers of this author and ones that have been waiting to read her work!
I always love a good holiday book and this one was no exception. I always love getting away from the everyday life in these books and this one lets us escape on a cruise with the characters. What can be better?

Nina, Amy, Frankie and Rachel have been long time friends and are meeting for their 15 year high school reunion. When the ladies realize that they are all boyfriendless, they make a pact that if none of them find a boyfriend by the holidays they should all go on a cruise together to get away. They all agree to the idea and go about their lives when they return to their prospective living places. The holidays are faster approaching than any of them realize though.

When Thanksgiving comes, the ladies are all still without boyfriends so the planning begins. They all settle on an exotic seven day cruise. Why not take advantage of all they can and go all out on a seven day adventure for all of them? The ship is state of the art and the restaurants are even better. There are tons of single guys on the ship as well.

There is lots of fun and games had by all on the cruise, you will have to read to find out how the girls all faired with getting dates and long time boyfriends. I thought this book was pretty predictable but I still enjoyed reading it and escaping with these four friends.

I voluntarily read and reviewed this book and all opinions are my own. Thanks to Netgalley, the author and the publisher for a copy of this book.
Three and a Half Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭒

Santa Cruise by Fern Michaels is a fun, holiday book about a group of friends who all go on a singles cruise over the holidays.

Lifelong friends Amy, Frankie, Nina, and Rachael reconnect during a 15-year high school reunion.  Their lives have not turned out the way they wanted, so they make a pact, that if they are all still single by the holidays, they’ll go together on a cruise.  Well, they all decided to go on the cruise together and enjoy the holidays.

This was a fun book, and the women were all entertaining.  Although I enjoyed this book, I wish it was more emotionally satisfying.  The women all enjoyed themselves on the cruise, but I didn’t feel like it changed any of them very much, nor did they learn much about themselves.  I wanted more character development and an emotional journey for these women.  Instead, the author focused more on the cruise ship stops, and activities as well as what the women were wearing to the different activities.  There were some love matches, but they seemed to be in the background and not explored as much as I would have liked.

Santa Cruise is a fun light read, but, that’s about all.  I received a complimentary copy of this book.  The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
I love holiday themed stories. And being a Fern Michaels fan, I'm hardly ever disappointed. And I wasn't. This was great story to get lost in.
Unfortunately, I was not able to finish this book. I was looking forward to reading the book on my recent plane ride. The setting of a romance on a cruise (and potentially several romances among the 4 friends) was definitely unique and grabbed my interest.

First, the cruise didn't start until half way through the book, exactly 44% into the book according to my kindle. The first half was mostly character development and backstory, but that could have been integrated into the story after they were on the cruise. It just took to long to get there for me.

And second, the detail provided for things that didn't matter to the story had me skipping over sections of the book. There is a need to set the scene throughout the story, but a quick description will do. Multiple paragraphs about the design of an apartment (as an example) is too much. When I read a book, it's more about the characters and their interaction and dialogue than it is about the minute details of the scene.