Cover Image: The Plant Hunter

The Plant Hunter

Wow! What an insightful read! Dr. Quave's personal story is as compelling as the adventures she takes us on to explore compounds from plants that may help humanity fight many current and upcoming medical challenges. This book also helps to point out the ways plants have saved humans from much misery and suffering.

Note: I voluntarily requested, read, and reviewed this book. Thank you to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for sending me a temporary digital advance reading copy/advance review (ARC) galley of this book in exchange for an honest review. As always, my opinions are my own and do not represent my co-host or the podcast. I request, read, and review many books prior to publication to explore possible future guests for the podcast. I wish we could interview the author of every one of these books because I'm so impressed by the creativity, thoughtfulness, and wisdom shared through the temporary books I get through NetGalley. I find the idea of simplifying any book into 1-5 stars to be quite silly and reductionist, so I don't participate in that game and instead, just give five stars to each book.