Cover Image: Knit 2 Socks in 1

Knit 2 Socks in 1

This was so fun to try! I have knit socks before but had trouble getting the gauge right and having them actually fit.  These fit and the pattern was engaging enough to hold my attention until they were both done.  Clear instructions and pictures.

Thank you NetGalley for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest opinion.
Aimed at relatively new knitters, this book tackles the issue of "Second Sock Syndrome" by teaching how to knit two socks at once. There are many methods of how to do this, and as the title proclaims, this is indeed the easiest way ever... which means that most experienced knitters will probably already have thought of this method themselves.

That said, as a book aimed at beginners, it works really well. It has all the necessary details you could wish for, and goes into great detail of explaining the anatomy of a sock, how to choose the right needle and yarn, as well as providing lots of photos for all the techniques needed in order to knit a 2-in-1 sock.
A very good, very helpful knitting book. Detailed and has lots of helpful tips that are worth knowing about, the author is very obviously skilled in knitting, giving lots of information on different types of needsles, different weights and types of wool, I really liked that and as someone who has knitted on and off, on needles, with arms and tried a selection of different needles, I REALLY LOVED how there was an explanation and a demonstration of these, I would have loved that if I was just taking knitting up, however, there was  NO books like this one in that aspect.

I have knitted socks before, just not on needles, there are lots of tables in this book which I'm sure the average person will find helpful, it didn't aid anything for me, I did like the colours of the wool in a lot of sock demonstrations, I felt that made the knitter feel that the sky is the limit and DEFINITELY made my knitting fingers itch for certain.

I feel that this book is inclusive between advanced knitters and also beginners but it brings all knitters together as one where in other books it can feel that you are picking through for revlance, but not with Safiyyah, she knows her audience and talks to all of it. I admire that!

Many thanks to Netgalley, the publishers and Talley for my free ARC in exchange for my review here.
As a somewhat beginner knitter I have always want to knit a pair of socks. My biggest fear was when I finished the pair one would be longer then the other one.  Knit 2 Socks in 1 seemed like the perfect book to keep from having two different length of socks.   Since I have never attempted a pair of socks I was somewhat confused . I plan on giving a regular sock pattern a shot first, then come back again when I understand the basics a bit more and give this book another shot.

I think this would be a great pattern book for those who already knit socks and it seems like it would make knitting socks go much faster.

I am excitedly knitting away on a pair of socks so I can give this a try.
Thank you to publishers for my ARC.

Although I am a knitter and have been for many years this style is very new to me and was very fun to try. The patterns and designs are simple enough that a beginner would have no problems following along.

I kind of felt that I was following a Fighting Fantasy style knitting book.... You have an option of various stitch patterns, levels of difficulty, and sizes that range from children's to adults. Must admit I have the book on pre order for my mother in law.
This is a wonderful book for knitters who have troubles knitting two socks for whatever reason (losing interest in knitting that second sock after the first one is done, having the second turn out different from the first, and so on). It's filled with photos, instructions, patterns and all kinds of fabulous socks. The author is warm and knowledgeable and I loved the photos.

I am not a knitter (yet) but I have been wanting to learn. Our family recently bought an old church that we've turned into a community arts center and the downstairs is stocked with comfy chairs, tables, all kinds of art supplies and oodles of donated yarn, fabric, sewing machines, etc. for folks to use for crafting and creating all different kinds of arts. It is designed to be a place where you can come and knit, crochet, sew, write, play music, paint, etc. even if you can't afford materials or you don't know how to do it yet. My oldest kids taught themselves to knit and crochet and it really seems like time for me to learn. That said, this book is way over my head. It is the kind of resource that will be helpful if you already know how to knit, not to teach you. I'd love to come back to it once I'm past the novice stage.

I read a digital temporary ARC of this book for review.
I am a sock knitter and can’t wait to try this method.  I am a little scared of cutting into my sock but I will just have to take a leap of faith. The author makes it sound easy.
Many thanks to Storey Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Wow! what an easy way to knit a pair of socks.  I very rarely knit socks due to the fact that I get very bored of knitting the same thing twice, I like adventure in my making. Apart from the fact that they never come out the same.
With the instructions in this book one knits a long sock tube with areas  that one can pick up stitches in the tube to separate and construct the heel and foot. of two socks. A very clever idea and easy to do.
There are plenty of photos and instruction, there is even a beginners sock without a knitted heel, which gives a easy trail run
But et the book, lots of information and lots of different designs from booties, children and adult socks of any length and size.
Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for an e-copy of this book.

I look forward to seeing a physical copy of the book as it's difficult to follow along to knitting patterns in an e-book.  But from what I see on the screen the patterns are well illustrated and easy to follow and I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to knit socks relatively quickly.
This is a great find!  I’ve always wanted to knit socks, but was afraid that I wouldn’t want to knit the same thing twice (I only have one glove finished, and it’s been over two years).  Now I can knit them both up at the same time!     I also love how this isn’t just a pattern book, but the Author provides a great amount of information about yarn, gauge, tools, etc.  can’t wait to try this out.
Knit 2 Socks in 1 by Safiyyah Talley was interesting, and I felt it was informative for a beginner. There were also some fun patterns.

However, there was part of the book towards the beginning that was not in English. I am guessing that is to cut down on theft/copying and will be fixed in the final copy. I also found the pictures hard with the Kindle. I think this book would be better in a physical copy format.

3 Stars because of the issues I saw but if fixed I would give it 4 stars.

I received an eARC from Storey Publishing LLC through NetGalley. All opinions are 100% my own.
This is my first time reviewing a knitting book even though I'm a long time knitter.  It is kind of a "choose your own adventure" book.  You can choose from various stitch patterns, levels of difficulty, and sizes from children's sizes to adults.  This is a new method of knitting socks for me and I'm intrigued.  This method prevents you from ending up with just a single sock (single sock syndrome".  Anything that helps with that is a good thing.  I found this well written, easy to follow, and generally a book well worth having.
3 stars

A very straight forward and easy to follow guide. Not much else to comment on beyond stating that the instructions were very thorough as well as the clear accompanying pictures. Definitely recommend for those wanting to try a new method for knitting two socks and once.

ARC given by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
Interesting and great way to make two socks at once. I enjoyed reading this and am excited to try this method. My only concern is the charting and format of the book. The introduction was not in English and many places had the paragraphs out of sequence, the charting was impossible for me to follow. Maybe this will be corrected in the final edits (hopefully). If you enjoy making socks this is well worth trying.
I love this book! The authors style is wonderfully warm and friendly, and the create your own story / pattern layout really fun to follow - very reminiscent of the style of Elizabeth Zimmerman with a modern twist.

I'm about to endeavour on my first pair of 2 socks in 1 and cannot wait!
I cannot wait to buy this book! I not only struggle with SSS (second sock syndrome) I also give up at 2 at a time , magic loop knitting about half way. The technique in this book is so unique that I am sure I will have a bit more success. The well written explanation, of not only the technique, but the whole sock process is a lot better than many books on the same subject of sock knitting.. The pictures are descriptive and also full of a lot of joy! I will be casting on the If Mermaids had feet pattern, mainly because how awesome does that sound? PS , i love the literary references in foreword about starting at home .
Great selection for anyone hoping to get started knitting socks. In my experience, the worst part is finishing one and having to start all over at the beginning. And then, perhaps you mess up a row or two and suddenly one sock is to your knees while the other is just at your ankles! Solve both issues and knit two at a time.
I’ve been looking to dig into more knitting books as the weather cools down, and socks have always been the bane of my knitter’s existence. This method SUPER appealed to me, and this book did not disappoint! Not only do I now have the cutest pair of cozy socks for fall, but I’ll be giving copies of this book for its method and patterns to all of my knitter friends for the holidays. Fun!
This is a welcome addition to the "two socks at a time" book collection! Many novice knitters are baffled at the "traditional" way of knitting socks two at a time and often resign themselves to Second Sock Syndrome - or don't even bother learning how to knit socks because of it. I appreciate Talley's approach, and look forward to trying out her technique once I free up my own needles. (I ran into quite a few formatting problems when reading through the book that hopefully will be resolved once the book is closer to publication, but am familiar enough with knitting and knitting socks to understand what was inferred by the page and sentence breaks.)
Despite having knit approximately one bazillion socks, I always suffer from the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome. You can imagine my excitement when I saw this streamlined approach to knitting a perfectly matching pair of socks!  While this technique is “just” doing afterthought heels and toes, instructions where someone else has done the math and figured out the best techniques is invaluable.  Having a recipe that allows full customization with no fussy algebra takes a helpful set of tools and turns it into the easiest sock recipe ever.  Additional explanations of how to use the system for however you like to work in the round (DPNs, magic loop, tiny circs. etc.) also helps earn this book five stars.