Cover Image: Death at Paradise Beach

Death at Paradise Beach

I am a huge fan of cozy mysteries and this one did not disappoint. I loved the setting, the characters and the plot as a whole! I would highly recommend
I received this ARC via Netgalley and Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op, in return for an honest review. This is the first book in a new cozy series and an enjoyable kickoff.  Condo manager, Luna Dearborn, is happily awaiting the next day arrival of her mom and grandmother for a visit.  When Luna discovers obnoxious resident, Barry Everhart, murdered in the Texas seagrass, she’s suddenly a prime suspect to the police.  Luckily, she knows a very good lawyer.  The timing is also tricky as she’s just met an interesting man who might or might not be worth seeing in her rare time off. When other incidents start multiplying, Luna believes she’s in the best position to both clear herself and prevent more murders.  The characters are well defined and the story flows well.  I look forward to the next in this series.
New author for me and loved reading this book and series. Can't wait for the next book in the series. If you haven't read her book yet. I highly recommend doing so.
Death at Paradise Beach
By Jan Christensen

Luna Dearborn is the manager of Paradise Beach, TX condo building. She thinks her life is good.
She just met a gorgeous man and is waiting for her mother and grandmother to visit.

On her way home from a meeting with Vance, Luna happens upon a body of one of the residents in the condo.  When the police question her about the man she realizes her answers put her on the suspects list. So she decides she needs a lawyer.

Luna’s office is ransacked, and is is receiving warning notes, and she doesn’t know who to trust besides her family and lawyer.  She afraid to asks any questions fearing they could be her last.  But what’s a girl gotta do to find a killer!

I love the three women generation, how they work with each other and get on each other’s nerves.

I am looking forward to seeing what’s up in the next book in this series.

I was loaned a temp E-book from Netgallery for my honest opinion.

I would recommend this book very highly.
Big thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for providing me an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Death Paradise is the first book of the series. A fast-paced, light, and quick read for a mystery or thriller book.

Death Paradise follows Luna Dearborn's story who manages a condo building named Sea Breeze at Paradise Beach, Texas. On her way to the library, she stumbled to a man Vance Ballard who immediately gave her an impression. On her way home from meeting Vance, she found a dead body who's resident and owner from the condo she manages. That unexpected moment turns everything Luna's peaceful atmosphere into a mess.

Honestly, I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a quick, cozy, light, and fast-paced mystery or thriller book I've read this year. Luna's family arrived after the incident for a vacation and I really adore them. They really have this cute and fun gravity around them.

The plot goes smoothly and the exciting part was quite not tricky. I admit, I already know who's the culprit of it all and I wasn't wrong. Nevertheless, the ride was really interesting and intriguing because new characters keep on popping which makes you suspect.

Overall, I am impressed by the author's writing style, it was a kind of new setting for a mystery/thriller book. for me. If you're looking for a cozy, fast-paced, and fun modern mystery or thriller book, this book is for you!
I genuinely loved this. It’s a holiday read. Fun, witty and just all around easy reading. I literally had those moments when I found myself actually laughing out loud. Thankyou  for giving me the chance to read.
Death at Paradise Beach by Jan Christensen is the 1st book in the Luna Saga mystery series.  Luna Dearborn is a 39 year old condo manager at the high end Sea Breeze Condominiums in Texas. Luna finds one of the owners dead and then jumps in to find the murder.
#DeathatParadiseBeach #NetGalley
Death at Paradise Beach by Jan Christensen is the 1st book in the Luna Saga mystery series.  Luna Dearborn is a 39 year old condo manager at the high end Sea Breeze Condominiums in Texas.  Luna finds one of the owners dead on the shore.  Wow, what can I say about this book except I really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the next book in the series.  Their are so many twists and turns, and this book has a little bit of everything.  Not only is Luna a suspect in the murder, her mother and grandmother are visiting from Minnesota.  Grandma is a hippie, and her mother is as straight lace as they come.  I highly recommend this book, there is never a dull moment.
Quirky Cast, Fun Read...
The death of a resident from The Sea Breeze Condos finds manager Luna in hot water when she becomes suspect number one and chaos ensues. With a quirky and colourful cast of characters this is a swiftly moving, fun cosy mystery. Escapist reading.
Thank you to NetGalley for providing this ARC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This was a great first book in the Luna Saga series. Enjoyable characters, set in a beach town, and a fast paced, twisty plot. The story and characters definitely keep you engaged until the very end. Looking forward to the next installment.
Thanks to Netgalley and Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op for the digital ARC in exchange for my honest review!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 Stars

This was my first introduction to the world of cozy mysteries! I’m really glad I tried this genre out! This book was funny, cute and a fast read!

This book was very entertaining and kept me turning the pages to find out more! I would for sure read more from this author!
Welcome to the wonderful world of cozy mysteries. Jan Christensen knows how to set a scene, create a character, make you feel like you’re right there next to them solving crime. Settle in for the day or night and read this fantastic page turner.
Oh how I enjoyed this book!  Since it takes place in Paradise Beach, Texas, I can totally relate since I grew up near Galveston. The story plot moves swiftly and smoothly.  The characters are such that you will feel like old friends!  I'm ready for the next book in this fun to read saga. Kudos Jan Christensen!!
Thanks #netgalley for the eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you NetGalley, Jan Christensen and Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op for copy of Death at Paradise Beach. This is my personal review.
I am always excited to read a new cozy mystery series! This was one that will have me looking forward to the next in the Luna Saga series.
Luna Dearborn manages the Sea Breeze Condominiums in Texas. Life was good for her – she had just met a really nice guy and her Mother and Grandmother were coming to visit. She was looking forward to everything coming up in her life.
She was on the way back after meeting Vance and she stumbled upon the body of once of the residents of the condos. Luna becomes the main suspect! She knows that she has to figure of what happened. The twist and turns kept me guessing until the very end.
I really like the three generations of women together. The family dynamics is one I really look forward  to reading in future books in the series.
Luna Dearborn manages the nicest condo building in Paradise Beach, Texas.  Life is good. She just met a gorgeous man and her mother and grandmother are coming for a visit.

On her way home from meeting Vance, Luna comes upon the body of one of the residents in the condo building.  When The police question Luna about the man she realizes her candor put her on the suspect list, so she hires a lawyer to guide her through the process.  Just in time for her family to arrive fir their visit.

Soon it seems Luna attracts the worst luck when her office is ransacked, she receives a few warning notes, and she doesn’t quite know who to trust outside of her family and her lawyer.  Luna’s gut doesn’t seem to be speaking to her, leaving her questioning everything.  Now she has to hope she doesn’t ask the wrong questions and make herself the next victim.

I really like the three generations of Dearborn women.  I see my mother, myself and my daughter and can relate to the family dynamics.  Looking forward yo-yo seeing what the future holds for Luna, Diana, Selena and the gang.
This book had me hooked from the beginning. The style of writing was very upbeat. Like you knew Luna personally. I was left guessing "who done it" right to the end. I didn't want the book to finish.. did she end up with Casper? A great read