Cover Image: Where the Grass Is Green

Where the Grass Is Green

Where the Grass is Green is a fresh and captivating literary take on the college admissions scandal of 2019. Told from multiple perspectives, it follows morning show anchor, Peyton (definite Morning Show vibes if you enjoyed that breakout hit last year), her daughter Max and then her sister Skye. The book focuses on how Peyton's husband arrest for his involvement in the scandal affects each of their lives. The multiple viewpoints made this a fast read and a riveting family drama. I really empathised with Max and she was probably my favourite character. However, I really appreciated Peyton's character growth. If you're a fan of Weisberger's previous books, I encourage you to read Where the Grass is Green.

Thank you to NetGalley and HarperCollins Australia for the ARC in exchange for this honest review.
I never really paid much attention to the news when the college admissions scandal first broke back in 2019, but since reading this book and educating myself by reading more about it and watching the documentary, Operation Varsity Blues on Netflix, it really has opened my eyes.

The story follows morning show anchor Peyton Marcus, her daughter Max and her sister Skye. Told through each of their points of view, it deals with the aftermath of Peyton’s husband arrest for his involvement in a new college admission scandal, as well as the ripple effect it has on each of the characters lives. It pulls you in and has you hooked from the beginning to its satisfying endings for all.

I really enjoyed all the characters in the story. My heart went out to Max as she tries to come to terms with her parents actions. She really is the victim in this tale. Skye is a great character with her own secret that is made worse due to the scandal surrounding her sister. Now too Peyton. I admit at first I did not like her. I found her very self absorbed but, she is remorseful and has the most growth over the course of the book and in the end I quite liked her.

Where the Grass is Green is a thought provoking, insightful, very entertaining and scandalous read! If you are looking for something light, with a solid storyline, great characterisation and will keep you engaged from beginning to end, then this is the book for you.

Thank you to Lauren Weisberger, Harper Collins Australia and Netgalley for allowing me to read an advanced copy of Where the Grass is Green, which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.