Cover Image: Pull Focus

Pull Focus

I liked how different this book was from other mysteries, and that it was a film festival. The characters were well done and I enjoyed trying to solve it.
The  premise of the book intrigued me but unfortunately I felt there were too many characters and story lines to follow without any being explored deeply.  There are hints about Jane's past, her trouble with the festival board chair trying to drive her out,  sexual harassment and the trouble with her missing partner and his business dealings - all story lines overlapping.  I wish it was more focused.
Jane has a mess on her hands- she's been appointed the director of a Toronto Film Festival after the abrupt departure of the last leaders thanks to myriad Me-Too allegations.  Thrown into the maelstrom, she's coping with all sorts of issues when her partner disappears, leaving behind a host of problems.   How does she cope with both?  I think there's too much going on here but Jane's a interesting character and I liked the details about the festival.  The mystery felt unnecessary.  Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.
Quite good. This is an interesting story. I enjoyed the tension and suspense created by the author throughout much of the book. Many reader will probably like the MC. I enjoyed watching her do her thing and problem solve. I think a lot of thriller fans will like this.

Thanks very much for the ARC for review!!