Cover Image: 180 Bible Verses for Conquering Anxiety

180 Bible Verses for Conquering Anxiety

The Book 180 Bible Verses for Conquering Anxiety really spoke to my spirit, they are quick to read and aide in calming your spirit and focusing your thoughts back on God.  You can look up different issues that you may be dealing with and it really does help to calm.  I really enjoyed the book.
I really enjoyed 180 Bible Verses for Conquering Anxiety by Carey Scott.  I used this book as part of my devotion time.  Each entry contained a Bible verse and a bite size thought to go with it.  I liked how each devotion was short, to the point, but still powerful.  The book ministered to me and I believe it will minister to others as well.  I highly recommend this book!  Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read this book!  (This review is also on GoodReads.)
What a wonderful resource! Especially during this time of COVID and increasing anxiety, this book will meet you where you are and offer you support in truth. Thank you to NetGalley and Barbour Books for a copy of this book for an honest review.
This little book is so helpful when your struggling with anxiety. So many verses put into an organized way of finding them depending on the situation. I love that it has the verse then a little paragraph to go with it! Perfect to read before bed!
I loved this book. It’s a great resource for those that suffer with anxiety and worry. I will be purchasing a few copies to give as gifts.
Thank you to Net Galley and Barbour Publishing for the chance to read and review this book!

This book is a treasure! It is one I will refer to again and again. The author gave me so many verses to offer comfort in these uncertain times. It's a winner! Highly recommend!
These are perfect scripture and discussion that help with anxiety and stress. Honestly I didn't realize there were so many verses in the bible that addressed this and additionally discusses God’s comfort and plans during stressful times. These are just the right length to either do daily or have in addition to your devotion that you can pick up during times of stress or anxiety. I also feel like the book did a good job building upon going from stress to calming to verses about giving your stress or anxiety to God. I highly recommend this one to anyone struggling right now. I'm looking forward to keeping this one on hand for stressful times ahead.
The book may call you out on why you feel anxious. I found the words soothed me and it's a book I would look forward to reading before bed.
Title: 180 Bible Verses for Conquering Anxiety Devotions for Women
Author: Carey Scott
Publisher: Barbour Publishing, Inc.
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review: "180 Bible Verses for Conquering Anxiety Devotions for Women" by Carey Scott

My Opinion:

What an excellent read of these "180 Bible Verses for Conquering Anxiety Devotions for Women" that were not only useful but so helpful, especially for those who suffer from anxiety.

It was enjoyable to read the heading then followed up with a Bible verse, ending with a devotion related to what was read earlier.

Be ready for a quick read of 180 verses that helps one to identify with what is mainly is bothering you. This part of the read was of interest and so genuine..."Have you ever noticed that when we get stressed out, we talk a lot? We ruminate with our friends about the cause of our anxiety. We complain to our family, trying to garner compassion."

If you suffer from stress, depression, and anxiety, let these 180 Bible verses help your 'growth and relationship with Christ.'

It is vital that one take time each day 'to relax and surrender to what we fear so much in our lives, remember never to give up.'

Would I recommend this well-written scriptural read? YES, it was a worthwhile read.

Thank you to NetGalley and Barbour Books for an advanced digital copy in exchange for my honest review.
This book has helped me so much. Each morning I read over a few verses and it helps me start the day right. Thank you for sharing this wisdom! Everyone should give this book a try, especially those who suffer from anxiety.
This is a beautiful book. It's easy to read and understand. The only thing I didn't like was the versions of bibles used. Thank you Barbour Publishing via NetGalley for the complimentary copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
his was my first time reading a book by Carey Scott, but I look forward to reading more of her works!

This book can be read very quickly or slowly, depending on how the reader wants to take it. The book is not broken into days or chapters. It is simply a heading, followed by a Bible verse, and the section ends with a quick devotional related to the section.

"We feel anxious because we are focused on ourselves. We are locked in on the things that frustrate and discourage us."

I enjoyed this book and read it pretty quickly. There are 180 verses, as the title suggests, that help you to identify the attacks of the enemy and what to do about it. The verses are in different versions of the Bible, so even familiar verses will have a new spin on them.

"Did you know God addresses anxiety more than 350 times in the Bible because he knew it would be a struggle?"

Some of the topics that the author touched on are: feelings don't negate facts, don't speak, God is nearer, the power of His love, the stress of discontentment, and so much more. This little book has a lot of nuggets in it that would be good with anyone who is weighed down by stress and anxiety.

I would recommend this devotional to anyone who is stressed, anxious, or simply wants a quick devotional to grow in their relationship with Christ. It can easily be spread out over 180 days, or several verses studied in a day, if you want it to be a quicker devotional. There were a few formatting errors in the copy of the book that I had, but it could have just been the way it downloaded onto my Kindle. Other than that, there was nothing to dislike about this book.

Thank you to Net Galley and Barbour Publishing for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a favorable review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A good book that brings scripture into the treatment of anxiety. Treatment of mental health is best done with multi methods that compliment each other. For the devout this book would offer support.
Devotional excellent. Very encouraging.

Thanks to author, publisher and NetGalley for the chance to read this book. While I got the book for free, it had no bearing on the rating I gave it.
Everything I have been needing to read! dealing with anxiety is something extremely challenging for me, So eery help I can get to clear my mind about this subject is important and has my attention. Great job! Keep going =D
I was so excited to get a copy of this book. I suffer from depression and anxiety. This book is the perfect book to have whenever you feel a rise in your anxiety. It helps alot with my Anxiety. I definitely recommend this to anyone who suffers from Anxiety. They will not be disappointed.
My many thanks to Netgalley, the company, and the author for an arc of this book. While I haven't read all of this book, a brief flipping though of it shows immediate promise. These short devotions and verses are perfect for introducing devotions to a younger audience, your tweens, or yourself! I didn't see anything that appeared to contradict the Bible in any way, however as stated above I haven't read it cover to cover. As far as I could tell this is an excellent devotion and reminder of God's peace in the face of anxiety. I would recommend this book for anyone looking for a short devotion with a strong message!
180 Bible Verses for Conquering Anxiety
Devotions for Women
by Carey Scott
Barbour Publishing, Inc.
Barbour Books
 Christian
Pub Date 01 Aug 2021

I am reviewing a copy of 180 Bible Verses for Conquering AnxietyDevotions For Women through Barbour House Publishing Inc, and Netgalley:

There are points in  life, that everyone will deal with anxiousness.  Sometimes we may feel anxious because we are too focused on ourselves.   We find ourselves locked into the very things are frustrating us.  When we are feeling anxious we need to remember not to only speak, but to listen to God.

180 Bible Verses for Conquering Anxiety reminds us not to worry.    We are reminded too that we need wisdom.  In this book we are reminded the importance of surrendering our anxiety.  We are reminded of the importance of waiting on God.  We are encouraged too experience joy as well.

The importance of taking the time to relax and to surrender the fear we so often hold on to.  We are reminded too never give up hope.

I give 180 Bible Verses for Conquering Anxiety Devotions for Women five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
Carey Scott has the gift of encouragement and perspective. She writes conversationally and without stuffiness. I enjoyed the way she created an entire book about the central theme of anxiety. However,  I did not like how Scott used a plethora of Bible translations (several of which are stripped of original context) and in a way where specific translation most closely supported *her own words*, instead of using a scripture from a more reliable translation (ESV for example, as opposed to the Message/Passion/Voice) and explaining what the text actually intended to have communicated. This is not an example of sound biblical scholarship, even for a light-hearted devotional.
I've read a number of devotionals, including some on this topic. I'm not totally sure what I was expecting, but I'm not sure this hit the mark for me. There are some wonderful Bible verses included. However, the content itself was a bit of a surprise. The messages were okay, but I expected more Bible tie-ins.