Cover Image: Healthy Kids, Happy Moms

Healthy Kids, Happy Moms

I liked how Sheila provided a blueprint on how to combat inflammation. This is certainly something that makes a huge difference to our health. I know that this book is for kids and helping them to relieve chronic inflammation, but I will certainly be implementing some of these strategies in my own life! She included case studies that showed a before and after, letting us see that these changes do in fact work. The plan was laid out in easy to follow steps with plenty of visuals to help out in the process. There were some pretty yummy recipes in the last chapter (not enough!) that will be staples in my rotation. I would highly recommend this book to all mothers, not only those that have a chronically ill child.

Thanks to NetGalley for the advanced copy.
This is an indispensable resource for taking a holistic health approach focused on children's health. The author focuses heavily on inflammation and gut health, which are intricately tied to all diseases. While medicine can sometimes be necessary, her book seems to mainly follow the old adage that prevention is the best medicine. It is heavily researched with resources in the back of the book, as well as an appendix with RDAs, recommendations, further reading, and many more resources. She challenges the standard American diet and suggests easy lifestyle changes that can make a drastic difference in the health of a child. She includes a number of natural recipes that look healthy and yummy, as well as list of prepackage items that make the health cut as well. This is a fantastic and much needed book on the subject of pediatric health and nutrition.