Cover Image: Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Baking Cookbook - SAMPLE

Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Baking Cookbook - SAMPLE

This had a wonderful sample of Amish recipes! Not many pictures, but this seems to be the norm for Amish cookbooks!! There is a few pictures, but not many. The recipes were fantastic and different that I have see in most cookbooks. It had a nice variety.  This was only a sample of the book though, so there could be more pictures. Regardless if there are more or not, I personally would LOVE to own this cookbook and will definitely purchase this once it is published!
I love the cookbooks by Wanda Brunstetter and now she has added another great one to her collection.

One of the great advantages to living close to the Amish is getting to enjoy their cooking, especially their desserts. You will definitely want to add this to your cookbook collection.

As with all her other cookbooks, this one is full of beautiful photography of the foods.

There are nearly 200 recipes broken down by indexes by Contributors, Recipes by Section, and Recipes by Key Ingredients.

I look forward to trying many of the recipes for cooking and homemade remedies.

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and NetGalley and the opinions expressed are my own.
This was a sample book that opened me up to some new recipes ideals. I would like to see more from this author.
Thank you for the chance to review this book.  A lot of interesting recipes for large batch baking.   Not sure if it was because it's a preview or my Kindle application but I wasn't able to see the pictures.  A good variety to choose from.

Thank you Wanda Brunstetter and NetGalley for the opportunity to check this out!
Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Baking Cookbook
author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Barbour Publishing

As I read this cookbook, I imagined the aroma of cinnamon as Amish Friendship Bread bakes. In anticipation of Autumn, I visualized a slice of Pumpkin roll paired with a mug of hot coffee. And, oh, how I long for a bite of a chewy Honey Sugar Cookie. Ms. Brunstetter's book is a treat for all of the senses as she shares recipes from her Amish friends.
     As a bonus to the almost 200 delicious recipes, a short background on Amish history was shared. Seasoned bakers and beginners will love the various sections featuring recipes for a variety of bars, cakes, pies, breads, savory and breakfast bakes, pastries and deserts. The recipe format is straight forward and well organized, with each one featuring the yield, ingredients, equipment, and instructions, as well as the name, town, and state of the baker who provided it. Pretty photos are included of some baked goods as well as Amish country and scenes. Helpful baking tips are interspersed in the book on topics such as measuring and pie crusts.
     This pleasing cookbook would be a wonderful gift, alone or tucked in a basket with some baking ingredients or some fresh baked items from the recipes. I highly recommend it to bakers as a source of delightful recipes and culture from the Amish community. I personally can't wait to make the Granola, Morning Glory Muffins, and Healthy Apple Crisp.
Thank you to Net Galley and Barbour Publishing for the advanced reader's copy and the opportunity to provide my unbiased review.
#WandaEBrunstettersAmishFriendsBakingCookbookSAMPLE #NetGalley
Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Baking Cookbook:  Nearly 200 Delightful Baked Goods Recipes from Amish Kitchens by Wanda E. Brunstetter is currently scheduled for release on September 1 2021. This review is based on a good sized sample of the book provided through Netgalley.

Fresh-baked buns or cookies waiting for a child’s after-school snack is a delight many of us remember from our own mothers’ and grandmothers’ kitchens. You can now share the joy of baking for and with your own family through dozens of recipes provided by Amish bakers. Ideas for breads, rolls, cakes, cookies, and more will keep you busy taste testing and sharing all the goodies. Also included are step-by-step instructions, baking tips, and anecdotes from Amish bakers. Encased in a lay-flat binding and presented in full color, home bakers of all ages will be delighted to add this cookbook to their collections.

Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Baking Cookbook is a well written and organized cookbook for baked goods. I thought the baking tips and explanations were helpful, even as a fairly experienced baker. I even enjoyed learning a bit about the history of the Amish and Mennonite history, when usually I skim through the background and personal stories and rush ahead to the actual recipes. I found the recipes and instructions to be well written and easy to follow, and the pictures enticing to the point where I am going to try out a couple this weekend. I think this book will be perfect for those interested in the author and the subject matter. It might not be one for my personal collect (thinks to being out of room) but is one that I would definitely borrow from the library or recommend for those looking to expand their collection.
For anyone who loves to bake sweet things and make delicious homemade desserts. This is good old-fashioned tried and true stuff, the kinds of recipes you would be proud to bring to any gathering.
I love reading Wanda Brunstetter’s Amish books, so I was excited to read this cookbook.  Mrs. Brunstetter weaves in stories and pictures, along with the recipes.  I am a busy, working mom.  I like recipes that are delicious AND easy.  This book checks off both of those boxes for me.  Many of the recipes use ingredients that most home cooks will already have in their house.  That is another plus.
This is the book you will go to when you need something for a family get together or a school bake sale.  I was able to whip up brownies when friends popped over using the cocoa powder I already had in my cabinet.  They were delicious!  I need to try the sheet pan Whoopie Pies next.
I would like to thank Barbour Books and NetGalley for a complimentary copy of this book.  The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
I love cookbooks.  Love them.  And as baking is one of my all time favorite hobbies, when I saw Wanda Brunstetter’s new Amish cookbook, I jumped at the chance to review a sample copy.  Let me first say that the recipes presented sound absolutely amazing.  And while I haven’t had a chance to make them all yet, I have no doubt they will be as tasty as they sound.  From sweet to savory, this cookbook presents a tantalizing array of tried and true Amish recipes that quite frankly tempt my waistline.

I will say that as I received a sample digital copy, I was not able to view pictures of the food items.  I’m sure this will be a part of the actual book, but it did detract from the appeal in the kindle version.  I highly recommend getting the physical book to fully appreciate the recipes.

I am sure fans of baking – especially Amish cooking – will love this collection of recipes.

I received the book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC of this new cookbook. I was very interested in the title because I grew up in Central Pennsylvania, which has a large Amish and Mennonite community. We have always enjoyed stopping at roadside stands to purchase fresh-baked produce and bakery items from the Amish in our community and I was anxious to dive into this cookbook and make them for myself at home. I like the layout of the book and the photography throughout is beautiful. Some of the recipes - such as the Cherry Melt-Away Bars - are such a staple of our local baking that it really brought back good memories. I am looking forward to working my way through the entire cookbook with my children.
Great recipe  book!  I would definitely recommend this! She had a lot great recipes and pictures to go along with it. Interesting information about the Amish.
My review is written from a sample ARC provided by the publisher.

Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Baking Cookbook contains a good selection of Amish baking recipes. At the start of her book the author gave a brief history of how the  Amish and Mennonites formed as religious groups.

Some of the recipes you'll find include:

Church Sugar Cookies
Breakfast Protein Cookies
Stuffed French Toast
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
Simple Cheese Quiche

Review written after downloading a galley from NetGalley
I loved the sample of this book. The recipes sound wonderful and use everyday ingredients. If you are like me and collect cookbooks, this is a Must Have for your shelf.  Thank you Barbour Publishing via NetGalley for the complimentary copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
First off, I love a good cookbook. This one had multiple recipes that I can make for my son without altering it for his food allergies. I was so excited to see that! Super rare to find, especially in a baked goods cookbook. I also liked that there were tips through out at the bottom of some recipes. That’s always helpful to have, especially if it’s a tip you have never heard before (like some I read here). There was a wide variety of baked items too: cookies, cakes, pies, breads, savory foods, breakfast items, etc. I can’t wait till I can get my hands on the full book once it’s released.
If you have read many Amish books then you are familiar with author Wanda E. Brunstetter.  So when she wrote an Amish cookbook I had to read it.  I was sure I smelled fresh bread baking when I opened up this cookbook.  The Amish are known for their baking and now you to can bake like the Amish.  Breads, cakes, cookies anything you can think of you can make them at home now. There's beautiful photos from Amish country to accompany the sections. The recipes are divided in easy to find categories.  The individual recipes are easy to follow, they list all the ingredients which are common and probably in your pantry, the equipment needed and step by step directions.  Very easy to use. I can't wait to try the bacon 'n' cheese muffins.
This baking cookbook sample was a really good read with well laid out recipes, some good comments to help beginner bakers, as well as lots of recipes for all sorts of baked goods. The recipes are simple with common ingredients so they are good for even the beginners.
Date reviewed/posted: May 28,  2021
Publication date: September 1, 2021

When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle.!

I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, book clubs, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames!

Delightful Baked Goods from Dozens of Amish Kitchens

Fresh-baked buns or cookies waiting for a child’s after-school snack is a delight many of us remember from our own mothers’ and grandmothers’ kitchens. You can now share the joy of baking for and with your own family through dozens of recipes provided by Amish bakers. Ideas for breads, rolls, cakes, cookies, and more will keep you busy taste testing and sharing all the goodies. Also included are step-by-step instructions, baking tips, and anecdotes from Amish bakers. Encased in a lay-flat binding and presented in full colour, home bakers of all ages will be delighted to add this cookbook to their collections.

This is a must-have cookbook for anyone with a soft spot for baked goods, from New York Times bestselling author of Amish fiction, Wanda E. Brunstetter.

OH, I HATE IT WHEN I GET A SAMPLE OF A COOKBOOK!! I wanted it all!!!! ... but it does get me to buy the book.  Wanda B. is an amazing author of fiction and cookbooks - there are dozens of ideas in here that I will want to try and make as I am getting back into baking. The recipes are well written and understandable by cooks of all levels and the photos make the food very appealing to myself and other lovers of food out there and I cannot wait to add the entire book to my Wanda B. shelf!

I especially love the book because it uses mostly whole ingredients instead of pre-prepared and packaged foods. I do draw the line at making my own cheese beyond a quickly-made mozzarella, and canning tomatoes but the more "ingredients" you use the better.  My one nephew says that I never have any food in my house, only ingredients --- that is why I cook so much. I also refuse to eat or cook with Frankenfoods such as "chick'n" and its 88 ingredients vs. 🐔chicken🐔 having one and cheese that does not come from an animal is udder nonsense!)

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube  Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🥧🧁🍪🍩🎂
I really loved this sample of the cookbook. I enjoyed all the different recipes and enjoyed seeing the pictures. Looking forward to trying some of these recipes. I'd definitely recommend this cookbook to friends and family. Really anyone who enjoys Amish food.
I absolutely love Amish cookbooks and I love all the cookbooks Wanda writes! These recipes look amazing and I can't wait to start making them! I got a sample to review but I can't wait to buy this cookbook. I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review
Every once in a while, a great cookbook will ignite fond memories from your past and transport you to another time and place.

Growing up in Maryland, my parents would drive the family up to Lancaster, PA, Amish country, and some of the farms along the way would sell their baked goods, muffins raisin bread, zucchini bread, and the like.  This cookbook transferred me back to those memories and the delectable baked goods we’d purchase on those days only to start gobbling up before we even got back home.

The recipes in the book are simple and refined, manageable for most novice bakers and the handful I tried, had to stop before I put on 10lbs, were delicious.

The cookbook evokes the simple pleasures of an Amish lifestyle and the delicious baked goods that come with it.  A strong buy for any home baker.