Cover Image: Blame It on the Mistletoe

Blame It on the Mistletoe

Yes yes yes. The Holiday meets Tweet Cute??? Perfection. Not only going to be purchasing a physical copy for my shelves but also going to make this our December bookclub pick for our bookclub of over 60 members.
A cute YA Christmas rom-com that runs on the young side. Even though the characters are in their late teens, this really feels like it would be more enjoyed by a younger teen audience.
Not a big fan of this one. I liked the idea of a romcom YA style, but the characters in this book were very shallow and felt far younger than they were supposed to be. Usually I have no problem relating to YA books despite the age difference but this felt way too big of a gap for me to care about or relate to. I am super active on social media so I had no problem with that aspect, it just felt quite boring overall.
Noelle &Holly swap places in this fun & fluffy Christmas book. It reminded me a lot of the Holiday movie mixed with a Hallmark film. I enjoy both, so this was my cup of tea. I easily read it in one sitting with a smile on my face. I also enjoyed the dive into cyberbulling mixed in.
This was a fun YA book that had all the festive vibes! I enjoyed reading it as an adult, but I know I would have absolutely loved it as a teen. Definitely recommend!

I received an e-ARC from the publisher.
It was a cute YA book but I think it was more for an audience a bit on the younger side, which is fine, I just wish I knew that before going in! It was a fun Christmas Rom-Com though, perfect for anyone who likes that type of book or movie!
Blame It on the Mistletoe is the perfect book for the festive season. It’s full of heartwarming, beautiful moments and lots of Christmas cheer.
I wasn’t really sure what to expect with this book, I went in semi blind having only read the synopsis and zero reviews but it melted my heart and the ending literally had me crying. I quickly fell in love with the characters and the story, so much so I didn’t want it to end.
Definitely recommend if you’re looking for a YA Christmas romance.
Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book via NetGalley.
This book was just okay for me. I actually tend to stay away from YA and it's possible I'm just to old and curmudgeonly to fall in love with a book written for this age range.

The dialog was filled with social media references and caps lock. The book lacked depth and the story was cute, but just not to my taste.

This who love YA and holiday reads might love really this book!
DNF 31%
The premise of this is cute, but ultimately I don’t think I’m the target audience for this. It’s a shame because I do usually enjoy YA, but this didn’t have the emotional depth I’ve read in some other YA books. There also was just a little bit too much capslock and text speak outside of text messages for my taste.
I did enjoy the Christmas aspects of it though. Holly, Noelle, and Nick are all classic Christmas romance character names, and I loved how much Holly loves Christmas.
This is a really fun read! I loved that it was a YA The Holiday. It started a smidgen slow for me (the letter at the start was a bit long and I ended up skimming it tbh) but once I got to the meat of the story I loved it. This book is told in alternate POVs and I really liked seeing each character adapt to their new surroundings. Sometimes it was easy for me to confuse Elle and Holly though. I'd have to sort of remind myself who was who. This might just be me and my scattered minded self though..

I totally recommend this for anyone that loves a fun Christmas read especially if they love the movie The Holiday.
Two teens swap places for the holidays as part of a social media challenge that one of them is a part of. Holly goes to live her Manhattan Christmas dreams, while Elle visits the small English village her mother grew up in for a cozy Christmas vibe.

10/10 for Christmassy goodness. The music, movie references, food, activities were top notch. The characters were literally named Holly, and Noelle (her brother’s name was Nick too 😂).

However, the social media aspect of the story did nothing for me (and honestly made me feel really old?), and I found the storyline pretty unrealistic to have two teenagers swap families for the holidays. But if this is something that you don’t think will bother you, I would recommend this one.
Super cute YA rom com! A really fun and quick read that definitely put me in a festive mood. It moved a bit slow in the beginning but I love the dual persepectives.
A sweet YA book that was full of Christmas cheer while also coming with a lesson for the reader. It lost me a bit in the beginning as the storyline covered Instagram followers and accounts, not only about gaining more but the obsession with likes and follows. The substance and depth of the characters came later, and it was a lovely way to wrap things up. My thanks to the publisher for the advance reader in exchange for my honest review.
A great holiday read for everyone. It is a bit young, but it would be a good pick for teens who want to try something cute and light.

Elle and Holly are both believable characters with good stories. This was a light breezy read with lots of fresh and cute dialogue.
The cover of this was adorable, but the book wasn’t for me. This was the young adult book version of The Holidau but with teenagers. It could have been a cute story, but I couldn’t get over the fact that parents would let their high schools swap houses for Christmas in different countries.

Thanks to @NetGalley and Sourcebooks Fire for my ARC!
I love Christmas stories and this one did not disappoint. It has all those Rom-Com/Hallmark type Christmas feels to it but with a YA setting. The combination of USA and English setting was also really fun to be a part of. As a primary fantasy loving reader, this book has made me realize that I may actually like contemporary fiction if done like this!
Thank you Source Fire for the gifted ecopy.

This was a cute YA holiday rom com.  Two teens swap places for the holidays - one to try to have the best Christmas ever and the other trying to win a social media follower contest.  There was a bit of teen angst, and a lot of holiday festivity.  A cute read for the season, but nothing spectacular.
This was definitely one of the best books I have read this year... I did managed to finish this book within a few hours. It was captivating and difficult to put down.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND
THIS IS SO CUTE.
I love christmas and I love rom coms and I especially love christmas rom coms. This was exactly what I wanted it to be, that being an adorable and fluffy story about christmas time and a princess and the pauper-esque plot. It reminded me of the vibe of 10 blind dates by Ashley Elston, another christmas rom com I adore. Overall very sweet and cute and I am very pleased.
This was a really cute book with a unique plot and good writing, but was definitely geared toward a younger audience… Most likely high schoolers, but would also be appropriate for middle schoolers. There was a huge focus on social media and the main plot was centered around a contest to get the most followers, ending up in a “life swap” between the two main characters during Christmas week. While it was cute and would also make for a great Netflix Christmas movie, it was too much on the YA side for me.