Cover Image: Tell Me

Tell Me

๐˜Ž๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ!

After reading the first book in this series, Find Me, and loving it, I was so excited when I got this copy and it was as amazing as I expected it to be. I loved both Reniโ€™s and Daniel characters so getting to read about them again was another great experience.
I canโ€™t wait for another book to come out, I a fan of the Inland Empire series.

Thank you NetGalley and Amazon Publishing for this copy.

๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ: ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด, ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด, ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด, ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด, ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด.

Amazing work from one of the best mystery writer of this time.
The story begins with one of the most scary situation that we can be in this day and age. Alone in the dessert without technology or communication.
This is haunting and unsettling, but difficult to put down till the end.
As always Anne Frasier leaves me sitting on the edge of my seat swiping page to page needing to see where these brilliantly written characters take me next. This sequel, rose to the occasion and I just loved following Reni and Daniel thru the dessert in search of missing girls and a killer. While this book wrapped up this crime it also laid to rest little leftovers from the first book Find Me. Iโ€™m not ready to say good bye to this desert set storyline, but Iโ€™m always excited for AFโ€™s next read.
TELL ME is the second in the Inland Empire series (the first being FIND ME).   Both books are excellent.  Frasier does a great job of creating believable characters and a taut plot line, but her real talent lies in creating a sense of place.  Her description of the desert and the Pacific Crest Trail made me feel as though I was there.   I can hardly wait until Frasier's next installment in this series.
Last summer I picked up find me and I absolutely adored it! This true crime mystery sucked me in just like the first one did. We follow Reni as her and Daniel work together to solve the murder of a hiker and finding the 3 missing girls that she was with. A few of the twists were predictable but it did not stop me from reading and loving it! We also got a lot of answers from the first book which was so satisfying. If you love a quick afternoon mystery, this one full of secrets and twists is just the one for you!
Anne Frasier's other series (featuring Jude Fontaine and Elise Sandburg) are well-written, tightly plotted thrillers with strong characterization, realistic dialogue, and a powerful sense of place. All those things are also true of Tell Me, the second in the Inland Empire series.

This series is set well away from the California coast, in the high and dry "Inland Empire" surrounding San Bernadino County. The desert and forested mountains are well-portrayed, as are the many ways nature is inhospitable to humans.

My complaint with this book lies in the fact that, unlike with the other two series, I did not read them in order: I jumped right in with Tell Me, only to discover that it is definitely not a standalone. I lost count of the number of times a reference was made to a person or event that presumably featured in Find Me, the first book -- without a whisper of an explanation as to who or what it meant. In one case, after wondering for pages and pages what Reni's background was and why she would be called in on either a lost hiker search or a criminal case, there is a throwaway phrase about her having left the FBI. Ah. (My Kindle told me it was 19% of the way through the book!)

A few explanatory phrases early would've added to my enjoyment of Tell Me.

Thanks to NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for an advance readers copy.
Tell Me by A. Frasier, published by Thomas & Mercer, is the second stand-alone in the Inland Empire Series. For best reading experience I recommend to read the books in order. The previous book is Find Me - the introduction of Daniel and Reni.
Tell Me starts out with an bang, three teenagers are in a kind of vacation camp when thye get abducted and Daniel Ellis gets assigned to this case. A case that leads him to a vault of secrets and lies that are about to change his life too. An irresistble, intriguing read that had me on the edge of my seat. Unputdownable, literally. An high quality thriller that had me guessing and guessing till the last chapter. One of my favorite reads in 21, I recommend Tell Me.

Find Me by Anne Frasier, published by  Thomas & Mercer is the first stand-alone in the Inland Empire Series.
Daniel Ellis is an homicide detective and he wants closure for th victims of the Inland Empire Killer. What he gets is a suspenseful murder/thriller that keeps the reader breathlessly guessing till the last page.
Put Reni Fisher, the killer's daughter, former FBI Agent and victim herself into the mix an you get an outstanding book, literally unputdownable.
Anne Frasier is a master storyteller! "Tell Me" was a creepy, mysterious, and wonderful ride. Can't wait for her next one.
Just finished reading the second book in this series. I was hoping the author would write a longer series with the two main characters. Although I'm not ready to say goodbye to them or the desert, it looks like she wrapped up all the ends. I will eagerly await her next adventure๐Ÿ˜€
#TellMe #NetGalley" Thanks to NetGalley, Anne Frasier and Thomas & Mercer for this ARC for an honest review.

Three young hikers and their guide or mentor are found missing and Reni Fisher and Daniel Ellis attempt to find them. The plot it complicated and perhaps even a bit contrived and unrealistic.

Reni has been trying to find Daniel's mother, even though he asked her not to. When it happens it is a shock to the reader and Daniel too, I feel.

I truly enjoyed "Find Me" and this book, while well written, was not as enjoyable for me. Perhaps because, as the author said it was written during the pandemic. I'm glad that Reni and Daniel seem to be figuring their lives out.
The forest can hide many things but as three young campers and their guide set out on a trail and hope to spend some quality time with nature, all that changes when the counselor is killed and the three girls disappear. In horrible fashion another couple out hiking is also murdered. Do we have a serial killer on a rampage in the forest?

Reni Fisher who herself had experienced the horrendous crimes of her serial killer parents is a criminal profiler. She and Daniel Ellis, team up once again as in the previous book to figure out what is going on as well as try to find the girls.  who have gone missing. Daniel is no stranger to grief as his mother deserted him when he was young and he searches for her always believing she was a victim of Reni's parents. It's an odd combination, but somehow these people make it work.

The girls were campers at a camp dedicated to the avoidance of electronic gadgets so the girls have no cell phones. Strangely there is a video taken of the crime scene and posted that seems to be the only clue Daniel and Reni have.

Thankfully one of the girls escapes but the question still remains who is the killer and why has he kept the girls. As the second one is found, once again we wonder if and where the third girl is and if she has survived?

Are the girls hiding something and can Reni and Daniel survive a case that tests their belief in one another?

This was an easily readable story, not quite up to the fist in the series, but still one that was clever and well put together.

Thank you to Anne Frasier, Thomas and Mercer, and NetGalley for a copy of this story due out July 27, 2021.
With grateful thanks to NetGalley and the Thomas & Mercer, for the opportunity to read this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

I was very excited to be able to read this book in advance because I have high expectation on it as I enjoyed the first book so much. The murder part of this book was not quite thrilled and chilled. The first book is rather better than this one. However, the story certainly was relevant to today's times that teens are addictive to phones and social media. The plot was good with steady paced. There were quite a lot twists and turns interweaved along. I kept the pages turning desiring to know what happened next. In this second book, more background and the past of Reni and Daniel. I love to know more and it kept me intriguing. The writing was excellent and brilliant. I could picture the hiking trails, the campsite and the desert as I had been there. Overall, this novel was an enjoyable and compelling read that kept me reading it to the end. I particularly liked that the ending in which the outcome had me shocked and astounded. Highly recommend.
This book, is a second in a series for Anne Fraser. It builds one the relationship in the first book but is fine as a standalone as well. I enjoyed the desert setting and the story as well. As a reader of the first book, I felt let down with how easy the cover arcing story- David finding his mother was handled. The stakes seem lower in this book but still a good read.
The second book in the series and although you can read this as a stand alone story itself there is a good continuing back story with the main characters. I enjoyed this book, good story line and again I liked the characters.
Thank you netgallery for this advanced copy of this book
I received a free electronic ARC of this excellent novel on June 28, 2021, from Netgalley, Anne Frasier, and Thomas & Mercer publishers.  Thank you all for sharing your hard work with me.  This review reflects my honest opinion of this work.  The second of a series titled Inland Empire, Tell Me is completely stand-alone, but I liked it well enough to put this series on my need-to-read list. The plus to this story is that Anne Frasier has several series just waiting

This novel is that creepy/scary type of story that keeps you up at night.  Taking place in California, we spend a bit of time on the Pacific Coast Trail with a group of teenage girls sent to a special retreat at an expensive, exclusive camp called Kaleidoscope, in an attempt to break their habits of living on their phones and computers and get them outside.  Emerson, Portia, and JoJo are friends, despite their differences.  These girls are unwilling participants in this wooded escapade, perfectly happy with their 'influencer' status and measuring their 'success' by the number of YouTube 'likes' they have received. All feel lost without their electronics.  The only thing they find good about the retreat is they are all three there together.

And then the counselor in charge of the three-day camping retreat with the girls on the Pacific Coast Trail is found in her tent, murdered.  The girls are nowhere to be found.  It is obvious they had fled into the night, but there is only a vague trail that peters out not far from the campsite. A massive search is instituted.  One of the girls is the daughter of a well-known actor and the parents of the other two girls are wealthy and socially involved, as well. Then there is the additional disappearance of another couple, three weeks into a full traverse of the  Pacific Coast Trail.  All too soon Jordan and Deidra are found at the bottom of a cliff, both shot and Deidra dead, Jordan in critical condition, with still no sign of the girls.

Parents are frantic, police are mystified, forest rangers have pulled out all the stops, and representatives of Kaleidoscope are in hiding.  The internet is seething with information both true and false, as usual.  Really, alien abductions?

Reni Fisher and her dog Edward become involved in the searches as does Daniel Ellis, a member of the San Bernardino sheriff's department. They have a history from way back but can work together well despite it.  This is good because this case seems never-ending...
I really enjoyed this book! I think that because I never read the first one I wasn't really burdened by hoping the sequel would fulfill the expectations set by the first one.  I also just really love crime solving books so I really enjoyed this. I enjoyed the twists and turns and the personalities of the characters. Overall, I think it was really good.
When I finished reading Find Me, the first Inland Empire book, I knew I would definitely be reading more in this series, and by Anne Frasier!

Reni and Daniel are at it again in this twisty who-dun-it mystery. Tell Me was fast pace, interesting and I loved the hiking and social media addiction premise. I have not been to the Mojave desert or the Pacific Crest Trail, but I found myself intrigued and referencing maps while reading. The author gives such vivid details, you feel like youโ€™re there. All in all this was a great follow up to Find Me, and I am hoping there will be more to the series!

What I enjoyed..
๐ŸŒตFast paced adventure
๐ŸœGreat character development
๐ŸŒตKeeps you guessing
๐ŸœDesert/Hiking setting

If youโ€™re a fan of adventurous, murder mysteries you will enjoy Tell Me! I would definitely recommend that you start out with Find Me or you will miss out on where it all began!

Pub Date: 7/27/21 Pre-order your copy now!

Thank you @netgalley @amazonpublishing and Anne Frasier for the e-arc in exchange for my honest review.

#TellMe #AmazonPublishing #AnneFrasier #ThomasandMercer #NetGalley #spoilerfree  #bookstagram #bookstagrammer #bookish #bibliophile #booknerd #thriller #booksandcoffee #readersofinstagram #AlisReads  #flippin_and_sippin_mn
The 2nd book in the Inland Killer series, and itโ€™s another good one. The Californian desert backdrop is again the setting for another murder mystery that has even more surprises than initially thought. The main characters from the first book form a deeper connection, and the mystery here has personal ties as well. Good characters , great setting. Iโ€™m ready for the next one.
As with some other reviewers, I found this book to be a bit of a letdown after the first in the series. I don't know why, exactly--it's like the case just seemed too easy and the stakes weren't that high.
I have been anxiously awaiting this book since reading the last page of Find Me.

The mystery of the book was well executed and believable as social media dictates much of our view on the world and this is especially true for teenagers.

I am invested in Daniel and Reni. My heart hurt for Daniel throughout this book. There are big revelations that are core shakers. It was entertaining to watch the dance that continues between Reni and Daniel....it is my hope there are more books in this world and the dance spins out into something.