Cover Image: Risen

Risen

An excellent and satisfying conclusion to the Verus series. A must-buy for collections with the previous titles.
What a perfect conclusion to an excellent series. In each book of this series, they got better- I was late to the game to start reading them, and even though they ended with this book, it's a bit bittersweet. It's not the most common thing to find a series end this well - it's especially hard when the storyteller is as good as Jacka is and you don't really want the series to end. I'm going to leave off a more full review until this is posted, but I'm walking away pretty thrilled with it.

(Review based from an ARC from NetGalley)
My thanks to NetGalley for making an eARC of this book available to me.

This book makes a great conclusion to the highly enjoyable Alex Verus series.  Alex has changed a lot over the run of this series, learning just how far he is willing to go to save and defend his friends and companions.  We get lots of mage battles, we acquire some new helpers, and lose a number of fairly major side characters as well as villains (as is apt to happen in the conclusive magical battles of any series).  The book seems to reach a somewhat dark conclusion, but then continues with a few cute asides as the author directly addresses the series fans, then concludes with a nicely satisfying epilogue.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what new series the author entices us with next.
For me, this was a satisfying end to Alex's story.  I am a sucker for a happy ending!
I would love to see a series by Jacka focusing on Luna's character!
A bittersweet feeling reading this twelfth and final entry in the Alex Verus series, Hard to believe that 9 years have passed since first being introduced to diviner Alex Verus and his world as created by Benedict Jacka. I must admit to having an ambivalent feeling to the final volume in a series I've really enjoyed, and the Alex Verus series has been one of my favorites, right up there with the Dresden Files, as finales don't always live up to your preconceived expectations. The author does a good job of resolving all of the various plot lines created in the series in a consistent and reasonable manner. I might have wished for some more information regarding Alex's friend Arachne. I hope author Jacka continues to release similar quality novels in the future, including  more set in this story universe.
Great ending to a excellent series.
This author has grown into an amazing storyteller. I am looking forward to the next book.
This was an immensely satisfying end to a fantastic series! Alex Verus has been such an enjoyable character and got an ending worthy of him. I look forward to whatever Benedict Jacka writes next, he has set the bar pretty high!
Risen by Benedict Jacka, a satisfying conclusion to his Alex Verus series. Jacka continues to amaze with this series and if you are a fan you won't want to put this book down!