Cover Image: Without a Hitch

Without a Hitch

Everyone needs a cute, quick read every now and then with all the happily ever afters and all that jazz. I thought this book would be it but it sadly was not. It was pretty cliche and although it did have some humorous moments it was pretty light on the romance and more focused on the main character finding who she is meant to be, while letting go of everyone's expectations of her. Of course this is a HEA - ish at the end but it was not satisfying for me which was disappointing considering I spent most of the book hoping it would get better...but it never did.
great read and enjoyed all that i had read. This was good from beginning to end. Yeah!!

As much as I wanted to love this book, I couldn’t. I really tried but I did not connect with the main character at all. I really think that this book would have been better if it was about Lottie becoming who she wanted to be and considered women’s fiction rather than a romance. Thank you for the chance to review this book!
Unfortunately, I really just did not enjoy this book. The main character was severely lacking in personality and the little she did have seemed pretty vapid and shallow.
Fans of 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 would enjoy all the hilarious, unfortunate wedding mishaps that take place is this book. Amazon has this book listed as a an Editors Pick for Top Romance, but I honestly didn’t feel this book qualifies as a romance. It’s more of a women’s fiction with a side of comedy. While this book made me laugh, I was let down. I definitely went into this one expecting more romance. I did enjoy reading about all the crazy weddings, but I really didn’t feel like there was much else to the story.
This was so fun! I loved the idea of a second-career wedding planner trying to make a name for herself and make her life better. I liked that this wasn't a full blown romance, rather it was a self-discovery story.

I received an advanced copy. All thoughts are my own.
It was an enjoyable read, but I couldn't bring myself to get that attached tothe main characters, unfortunately that's a deal breaker for me in a romance book.
Thank you for the opportunity of reviewing.
This was a cute romcom with some really funny parts but I find it a little far fetched that a lawyer would change careers to be a wedding planner.
Another cute cover we have in here! 👀 But guess what? Sadly, the content is not as good as the cover. 🥺I really wanted to like this book, I tried. I am so underwhelmed. 😢
Another book about a wedding planner who didn’t make it as a lawyer. There were some funny parts, but this book was too predictable, too perfect, too romantic. Usually, I love a quick and easy beach read, but the characters were flat, the story cliche, and a bit slow. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the advanced copy in exchange for my honest review.
This was truly a romantic comedy. Light-hearted, not too deep, some laugh out loud moments. Easy to read and quick too!
If thinking fast on your feet is an art form, Lottie Jones is a virtuoso. When a failed LSAT shoots down her plan to be a lawyer, she falls into a job as a wedding planner. After all, she did spend her college years planning her wedding to her college boyfriend. Never mind that he broke up with her right before graduation, even though she already had the chapel booked, just waiting on his proposal.  She works for one of the most prestigious event planning firms, specializing in over-the-top weddings for the super wealthy. It's not unusual for the bride to drop hundreds of thousands, up to a million, on her dream wedding. Lottie wrangles everything from parachuting grooms, to chickens, to drunk groomsmen, and turns disasters into fun remembrances.

This story had me in turns, giggling at the antics of the various characters, rolling my eyes at what constitutes a "dream wedding" when money is no object, and rooting for Lottie to overcome the person trying to sabotage her career.

If you're looking for a few giggles, Without a Hitch has plenty of those. There is a light touch of romance for Lottie, and the angst of planning her college boyfriend's wedding to a mega star. This was fun, and I can definitely recommend.
What happens when one has to plan one's ex-fiancé's wedding? This book is a fun read. It may not be a hundred percent romance novel, but it is all about being on a journey. An overall entertaining read.
I began reading this book in August 2020, shortly after I got married myself, so I don't know if I'm biased, but I really enjoyed it.

Without a Hitch follows the journey of Lottie Jones, a former Law Student, as she lands a new career in wedding planning at a prestigious company in Texas. She begins navigating a tough workplace, but no matter how outrageously extravagant the events get, she always manages to do a good job. However, as the clients get bigger and more famous, the stakes also start rising and as a result, Lottie will face a significant challenge in planning the wedding of her ex-fiancé, who is now a famous NFL player, to a Hollywood actress.

Many readers were put off by the fact that the plot does not revolve around romance too much, but what I enjoyed best in this book was precisely the fact that it was more of a journey of self-discovery than a romance. Lottie is relatable as she struggles to figure out what she wants to accomplish in her life and accepts the fact that she must enjoy living for herself instead of for everyone else.

Another highlight for me was reading about all the ludicrous and fun weddings that were described in such detail you could clearly picture them. I laughed out loud several times, cringed a few times, and was thoroughly entertained by each outlandish event.

One could say the pace of the book was a bit slow at times, but I didn’t have any trouble flying through it. I also honestly don’t understand why it got such a low rating here; it's not a bad story at all.
This was so cute!! I really enjoyed this one. It was more of a women’s fiction than a romcom, so that was kinda disappointing. I thought the authors did a great job writing this one and I really liked it.
This book was a miss  for me. I really tried because i loved the premise but I couldn't connect with the story.
I just couldn't get into this story or these unlikeable characters with questionable motives. Unfortunately, this story was not for me.
I really enjoyed this book. The interactions between the characters were great and it was a fun read for me.
I'm very sorry to say that I didn't finish this book, this is my first DNF of the year.
I guess this just wasn't the book for me, I didn't feel like reading it when I had free time.
Anyway, I want to thank the publisher, the author, and NetGalley for this book.
The synopsis sounded interesting, and I really wanted to like the book.
However, I found the main character somewhat dull and the execution of the book was my thing. The wedding details were fun but there were way too many of them that the main plot like got kind of lost in the way.