Cover Image: The Arrangement

The Arrangement

SO MANY TWISTS. I did not see this ending coming at all. It was like BOOM, BOOM BOOM, so many different twists one right after the other. The narration is fantastic. It was unexpected how much I enjoyed this one.
I had a hard time rating this book. While on one hand, I couldn’t put it down, on the other hand, the ending really turned me off. I hated both main characters and couldn’t find myself rooting for either one.
Holy twisty mess! ⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Ainsley and Peter’s marriage is in trouble and they both know it. When Ainsley proposes they each date someone new each week in hopes of rekindling the spark, Peter quickly agrees. Of course, their plan backfires and they are both pushing the boundaries of deception, suspicion, and temptation. Can their marriage possible survive? ⁣
⁣⁣
⁣I listened to the audiobook of The Arrangement in a little over twenty-four hours and was completely entertained. Is it ridiculous and silly? You bet! But sometimes that’s exactly what you need in a twisty thriller! ⁣
⁣⁣
⁣The end did go a little off the rails, but it was a satisfying ending even if it was completely ridiculous. ⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Three and a half stars… rounded up to four! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Thank you to Dreamscape Media and NetGalley for this advanced audiobook.
A marriage in crisis, an arrangement to see other people and a hope to repair what is broken. Ainsley and Peter appear to have a great marriage, but they feel something is missing. So why not see other people to spice things up? Try to find that excitement that has been missing and hopefully bring them closer. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing that I expected!!

Ainsley’s first date ends up what appears to be a creepy stalker and Peter comes to the rescue resulting in tragedy. Can they stand by each other through deception and temptation? How well do they really know one another?

My Thoughts:
I found a new author! This book had it all for me – family drama, suspense, twists, and surprises. The characters were flawed, and I loved it. The narration of the book was spot on alternating between the chapters with male and female narrators, who allowed me to focus on the characters and see the story unfold. Fast paced and worth every second!!!
*received for free from netgalley for honest review* 4.5 ngl i do not think this is a book i could reread because its just one of those "now you know tho" kind of things but oh wow, reading this for the first time was a wild ride. Tons going on and always adding new twists!
Holy cow what did I just read? So this is my first book by this author and will not be my last. I was so wrapped up in this story. I did listen to the audio and was floored by what was going on. I think several times my mouth dropped open in "Holy Cow" mode.

With their marriage on the rocks and lacking Ainsley and Peter decide to open up their marriage and see other people. And this is where it gets interesting. Wow just wow. Right when you think you have this things figured out, you get another bomb dropped. They just kept coming. I loved this roller coaster ride. I love domestic thrillers and this one is no different. Loved it.

I will be recommending this one everywhere!
Thrillers are one of my favorite genre and Kiersten Modglin is a new-to-me author!  After reading The Arrangement, I’m still wondering why it has taken me so long to read one of her books!!  I’m very excited that she has written many other books for me to explore!

I listened to this book in one sitting!  I loved how it had a lot of twist and turns and I wasn’t able to figure out what was going to happen next.

Ainsley and Peter will do anything to save their failing marriage.  Ainsley presents the idea of an open marriage arrangement and Peter agrees immediately.....with both of them in agreement, what could possibly go wrong?

The two narrators, one male and one female, did a fabulous job telling the story in an engaging way.

I highly recommend this one to anyone that loves a good psychological thriller with twist and turns that will give you whiplash!!  For those that have #kindleunlimited, you're in luck because this book is included!!
This was a phenomenal thriller and I have no idea how/why I have been sleeping on reading any Kiersten Modglin books! She is the master of the twist. There were so many sudden unexpected twists in this novel, I feel like I had whiplash. A couple were slightly expected but then just as quickly as the twist was revealed, another appeared. I cannot wait to catch up on this authors backlist!
Wow!  The Arrangement is a fabulous book by Kiersten Modglin!  There were so many twists and turns throughout the book!. It kept me guessing until the very end!

I received an ARC of the audio version of this book.  The book is written from the two main characters’ alternating perspectives,  The two narrators, one male and one female, were ideal choices to read each perspective.  The narrators can truly make or break an audio book, and I felt these two narrators nailed it!

Thank you to NetGalley and Dreamscape Media for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.  All opinions expressed  above are my own.

#NetGalley
#DreamscapeMedia
#TheArrangement
What in the heck did I just listen to?? This reminded me of My Beautiful Wife, it was that good!!

Could you have an open marriage? Ya, I don't think so. However, Ainsley is willing to try anything to save her marriage. So, she sets up the rules, her husband and her agree on them. Then it's just a matter of finding partners who will not get attached. BUT best laid plans and all

This book was enjoyable from the start. I loved the narrators. They did a fabulous job telling the story in an enjoyable way and kept the characters separate. It was extremely easy to follow along. And that TWIST!!!
What could possibly go wrong when a married couple who is struggling in their relationship decides to have an open marriage? …Oh, so much.

I admit the first half to three-quarters of the book did not draw me in. I kept listening in hopes something would happen. And. Then. It. Did. And just kept on twisting and turning.

The print book was published in January 2021. However, I listened to the audiobook edition which is hot off the presses as of July 1, 2021. Modglin approached the story through writing each chapter through the voice of the husband or wife. This writing technique fits perfectly into an audiobook. The narrators, George Newbern and Sarah Mollo-Christensen, did fine work telling the story.

A great listen (or read) for those of you who enjoy thrillers and twisty plot lines…particularly about marriage.

**Thank you NetGalley and Dreamscape Media for sending me the ARC in exchange for an honest review.**
I LOVED THIS ONE! A unique take on a marriage gone south novel. Both narrators are fantastic and the plot twists will shock you to the core. I couldn't recommend more! Thank you to NetGalley and Dreamscape Media for a copy of this book for an honest review.
The Arrangement by Kiersten Modglin was a great read! I really like the concept and how it was presented to the reader.   I did not like the characters – at all! I am not sure if that was the point, but it made the book better. The characters developed as people. Each chapter left me wanting to keep reading and I finished the book in 2 days. I cannot say more, or it will create spoilers. This is the first book I have read by this author. I will be reading more!

***** I received an ARC from NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for my honest review. *****
Thank you netgalley, Kiersten Modglin, and Dreamscape Media for giving me an ARC of this audiobook in exchange for an honest review.

This story starts with Peter and Ainsley, a couple who's once strong marriage is now on the brink of divorce. Neither are happy, so Ainsley proposes a deal, an arrangement if you will. They'll open up their marriage. They'll both be allowed to sleep with strangers on dating apps, with the goal of bringing that same 'spice' back to their own marriage. Very quickly, things seem to go awry, as it appears that one of them chose the wrong person to 'date'. Ainsley and Peter become united in protecting each other and their marriage, and maybe that was the goal all along...

This is a solid thriller, with plenty of twists and turns. But my main issue with this book, and a lot of thrillers like it, is the twists come out of nowhere. There was no foreshadowing or build up, just, well this character was actually ___ the whole time. I'm not a fan of that kind of story telling, personally.

I think switching POVs worked well for this story, and I really enjoyed both narrators.

This is my first book from this author, and I'm definitely interested in reading/listening to more.
Okay so I'm rating this a little on the higher side, because I listened to this as my first ever audiobook, and feel like I would have enjoyed it more reading a physical books. The first half I feel like I wasn't fully listening because I was working, but then I slowly got more into it and was able to focus.

This was a really good book, with so many twists at the end that I just did not see coming! Just when I thought that the twist happened, there was another one ! The concept behind the book, having an open marriage to try to fix your relationship, was super strange to me because it's something I personally would never be okay with, but it made for an interesting read
Thank you to Dreamscape Media, Netgalley, and Kiersten Modglin for this audio in exchange for my honest review. The twist and turns throughout the book will keep you up at night. The narration was very well done. My first book by this authors but certainly not the last. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 strong stars!
It took me a while to really get into the story, but when I did I couldn't believe the twists and turns. Definitely not how I thought the plot would go. Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to enjoy the novel.
Holy shit this book was amazing!  Full of crazy twists and then when you Finally think you know everything they throw in a huge bomb shell of a ending.  I loved the narrators and how they used two narrators for each point of view.  It was so cool to hear the banter and think that they really were a married couple
Reviewing
The Arrangement
By Keirsten Modglin

Hmmm…. A novel about couple with three teens, the perfect life, and marital problems who agree to an open marriage. What could possibly go wrong? Ha ha ha, I was sure I knew exactly where this book was going until…..It totally blew me out of the water!

The Arrangement will steal readers’ attention with the first paragraph and keep them entertained until the very last page. This romantic phycological thriller has more loop-de-loops than the mists twisted rollercoaster. Just when you think you have it all figured out, Modglin hits you with another bender! The duel perspective was a brilliant choice, and with characters that readers will love and love to hate, this is sure to be a one sit read for the masses.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 4.5 bright stars for this marvelously entertaining, tangled web of misconduct. 18+ for content and subject matter.
When you read an excerpt for a thriller about an open marriage, you know you’re in for a wild ride!

I was startled by how short this book was--under 6 hours on audio! I listen to most audiobooks sped up when the narration is clear enough, so I had only been listening for a couple hours when I paused it for a minute. To my surprise I was already 85% of the way through the book!

At that 85%, the plot was just beginning to ramp up, so I was curious how it would all be wrapped up in the last hour of narration. Imagine my surprise when the twists started pouring in, one after another, leaving me with an ending that was nothing like what I had expected.

The narration was perfect--it definitely held my interest, and like I said I enjoy when I am able to speed the books up some. I liked the split POV, and being able to see both Ainsley and Peter’s thoughts about their arrangement.

Kiersten Modglin is a new author to me, but I will definitely be checking out her backlog--especially if they’re all this fast-paced! Sometimes you just need an audiobook that you can finish in a couple hours while you tackle some chores, and The Arrangement definitely lived up to that task.