Cover Image: The Queen Herself

The Queen Herself

This is the first book I’ve actually read about the queen.  Fascinating insight,factual yet entertaining this book will be enjoyed by all and especially those with a real interest  in the Queens first 30 years.  Definitely recommend ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I've always loved Queen Elizabeth and couldn't resist diving into this book which provides a thoughtful and intriguing look into the life of such an interesting woman.
This book covers the first 30 years of Queen Elizabeth II reign.  From her early days through the early 1980s, the stories told are known and not so known to the wider public.  A very nice biography of the Queen.
Reading about the Queen her life, details I knew nothing about very interesting.In some ways she is a lady of mystery and I am interested in her ,her life strength and place in history.A book I really enjoyed,#netgalley#sapere,
Very interesting biography of a woman we all are curious about. This is going to fly off the shelves (thanks, the crown!). Definitely recommend for all library collections
Quite interesting, and I’m going to guess after Prince Phillip’s death people will be interested in reading more about the queen.  There are interesting things to learn about her highness and this book paints a picture. Of course these are not set in stone facts, only the Queen herself knows the true stories. That being said this was interesting to read
The Queen Herself is a biography of the current queen of England, Queen Elizabeth, from her birth until the thirtieth anniversary of her reign.  Just to be clear, this covers her childhood, her courtship to Prince Phillip, the birth of her children, but stops short of discussing Princess Diana.

This book is comprehensive.  I had a really hard time keeping track of all the names of the government officials as well as royal family members.  This book is really into every single detail that you could possibly want to know.  If, like me, you just want to read this because you want to know how accurate The Crown television series is, you will not be disappointed.  Well, I should say that The Crown takes quite a few liberties but I did learn that there are some tiny details of Queen Elizabeth's life that were included in the tv series.  You'll just have to read to find out.

I found this book to be very dry at times and did a lot of skimming especially toward the end of the book.  The author has done a wonderful job of doing her research.  The book is detailed beyond compare.  She rarely takes liberties or makes assumptions about what was happening during a particular situation.  If she does, she lets you know by including the words, "may have."

If you are an Anglophile, I think you'll enjoy this book.  It really helped personify the royal family for me and helped me understand the connection between different royal relationships that I previously had been perplexed.  I think the biggest positive of this book is that it helped me to understand the personality of the queen more than I did previously.

I recommend this book!

Thank you to NetGalley and Sapere Books for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased opinion.
Love the Queen and the Royal Family so was very happy to receive this ARC of the Queen. Read it in one sitting was a lovely story of her life
Originally published in 1982, this wonderful portrait of Britain's beloved monarch is another winner from Harold Albert (writing under the name of Helen Cathcart) a prolific and talented biographer who published several popular and higly acclaimed books about the Queen and the Royals. It's really wonderful that Sapere Books is making his works available once again. This one celebrated Elizabeth's early life and her 30 years on the throne. It's an elegant portrait of a woman, a wife, a mother and a head of state written with lots of respectful admiration and packed with marvellous details about the Windsors. A very entertaining biography that should be discovered or rediscovered by anyone interested by the Royals and their contributions to 20th century British history.
A delicious book to be enjoyed without any moderation whatsoever!

Many thanks to Netgalley and Sapere Books for this terrific ARC
An enjoyable read that I raced through in one sitting,I do love The Queen and Royal Family so there was an obvious advantage to my enjoyment of this book but it was so well written once started I wanted to read more and more
THE QUEEN HERSELF by HELEN CATHCART is a  biography of one of the most famous and outstanding women of our time. I loved it and found it a most interesting and worthwhile read. I am a great admirer of Queen Elizabeth 11 and cannot recommend this book highly enough. She is such an example to us of a life well lived, with fortitude and single mindedness, giving her all for Britain and the Commonwealth.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Sapere Books. The opinions in this review are completely my own.
I love any book on the royal family and this one has been on my wish list for a while.  This book is an interesting sketch of the life of the queen.