Cover Image: Santa's Sweetheart

Santa's Sweetheart

The fourth book in The Christmas Tree Ranch, did not disappoint.. Santa’s Sweetheart, follows the sheriff and a local school teacher in Branding Iron, TX. Janet Dailey,  brings us back to this quaint town, where lives can be changes and dreams can come true. Sheriff Sam, a new widowed father isn’t really in the mood for Christmas. But his beautiful daughter, has other ideas. She misses her mom but needs some normal things. She is a little girl and she doesn’t understand the loss of a wife.. She things finding her dad a new girlfriend, will make things better. This is when we meet Grace, a local teacher. She is a mess in her own right and feels like she has no luck in the relationship department. She teaches Sam’s daughter and through a series of events all three are thrown together.. can they find the holiday spirit? Is love in the air? Can they avert anymore tragedies? How can the town help or hurt this couple? This was a well written light hearted story. I really did enjoy it. Always impressed when a series can continue to be this good.. Janet Dailey does exception job.. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did..
I thoroughly enjoyed the gentle development of the relationship between Maggie's dad and her school teacher. Overcoming grief and finding hope is beautifully handled in Janet Dailey's 'Santa's Sweetheart' within the backdrop of a small Texas town.  The characters are likeable and believable.  I can strongly recommend this book for those who enjoy a Christmas themed romance.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.  The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Santa's Sweetheart by Janet Dailey is the 4th book in the Christmas Tree Ranch Series.  This author does a great job of weaving a story where the reader loves the characters and makes them real.  I loved Sheriff Sam Delaney’s daughter Maggie.  She is a precocious child who just wants her widowed father to be happy.  Maggie sets her sights on her teacher.

It was fun watching these characters as they fight the attraction.

Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher and the author for the opportunity to read this book for free.
Santa’s Sweetheart by Janet Dailey was a sweet story about a six-year-old girl trying to find a girlfriend or wife for her widowed father Sam.  She wants to make her dad happy again.  So, Maggie looks around and finds that her 1st grade teacher Grace would be a good fit.  It is a slow but steady paced book that works through the two adults’ issues with a relationship.  It is a cute story but it puts too much into what a six year old thinks and feels.  Both adults were on to her plan from the beginning, but it ended happily.
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest opinion of this book.
This book was good, but wasn't anything too incredible in my opinion. It was your standard, easy going romance. This book features Sam, a widower, single father, and the town sheriff and Grace, his daughter's school teacher. Sam's daughter, Maggie, is determined to set her lonely father up with her teacher. She thinks Sam is ready to open his heart back up, but Sam isn't so sure. Grace, for her part, isn't too keen on the idea of being set up either. She is emotionally scarred from the father that abandoned her family and she has since run from a series of relationships. From the few encounters Sam and Grace have, Sam has decided that maybe falling for someone is the right move after all. He is willing to open his heart to Grace, but she is still ready to run. It isn't just his heart she could break, but his daughter's also.

This story had the potential to have a lot of hijinks from Maggie and her attempt to connect her father and Grace. I feel like it was a missed opportunity that there weren't some more fun interactions written in. I also feel like there weren't as many important, meaningful interactions between Sam and Grace to see a real relationship fully develop. It seemed like they were both fighting the attraction and all of a sudden they decided they were in love and willing to give their love a chance. I do not like when characters "fall in love" before really getting to know each other or even going out on a date. It seems sudden and not well developed.

Even though there were a few things I wasn't crazy about, overall I thought it was a good romance and worth the read. If you like a lot of rom com moments or steam (even closed door), this book isn't for you. But, if you like a sweet, tender romance then I would give this one a read.
Fans of Dailey will recognize little Maggie Delaney as the future mayor of Branding Iron, Texas.  Her story as an adult is the start of another series, My Kind of Christmas.  A few characters, much younger of course, are familiar names from the series.  Maggie is a little girl around six, but this is her dad’s story as he falls for Maggie’s teacher. It’s a slow read as the two work out their kinks and living in a small town has it’s own issues. When authors put the voice of the child in the story it never sits well with me.  Maggie is six and often seems much older, like maybe the character should have been written as a ten year old instead. Anyway, it’s a lovely Christmas tale in a small town with the cute shenanigans of a matchmaking child. Netgalley provided my early copy.
Janet Dailey can always be counted on for a perfect romance.  “Santa’s Sweetheart” is a heat warming story of the love between a dad and his daughter and the lengths she will go to to see him smile again.  A sweet holiday romance guaranteed to get you in a festive mood.
Great Christmas romance, I felt like Sam & Grace had a sweet relationship that Maggie (Sam’s daughter) helped coordinate. Her mom died the year before & Grace is her single teacher. I loved reading this relationship develop. Highly recommend reading this novel.

Thanks to NetGalley & the publisher for advanced copy in exchange for my honest review
Maggie’s only wish is for his father to be happy again. It’s been more than a year since her mother died in a car accident and Christmas will be. Difficult time. But meddling is worth if Maggie can get his father and her teacher together. Sweet and romantic.
This story may have been set years ago, but it’s still a wonderful Christmas story that will give you all the feels.  Sheriff Sam Delaney is a single father to Maggie.  His wife, Bethany, was killed in a car accident, a week before Thanksgiving a year ago.  Maggie wants her dad to quit being sad and lonely, so comes up with a matchmaking scheme.  No spoilers, so grab your copy and see if she’s successful.

I received an advanced reader copy of this book from NetGalley and this is my voluntary and honest review.
This is a Cute Christmas Romance, and this is the 4th book in The Christmas Tree Ranch series. I have to say the beginning started off very slow moving, but once the story got moving I was pulled into it. I felt this was a cute Christmas Romance story. I loved the characters in this book. Maggie is a little girl in this book, and her mother passed away. She tries to set her father and her teacher in this book. I loved Maggie's character in this book. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Zebra) or author (Janet Dailey) via NetGalley, so I can give an honest review about how I feel about this book. I want to send a big Thank you to them for that.
This is a sweet romance between Sam, the town sheriff and Grace, his daughter Maggie’s, teacher. Maggie is adorable and wants her dad to be happy so she sets it up for them to meet. The only issue is Grace is leery about relationships due to her past of thinking she found the one only to change her mind.

Sam is still mourning his wife, who died in a car accident, but can’t seem to get Grace off his mind. While they keep getting thrown into each other’s lives, a friendship builds. Sam was gruff, but sweet. Grace was great, but a little leery. I really enjoyed this sweet holiday romance.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest, voluntary review.
A sweet and festive holiday romance, it made me smile and root for the characters. I wasn't a fan of another Christmas story by this author but I enjoyed this one.
The plot is well developed and flows, the characters are fleshed out and likeable.
I liked the festive atmosphere and the romance.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Santa's Sweetheart
by: Janet Dailey
Kensington Books, Zebra

This charming Christmas novel, by legendary author Janet Dailey, is the fourth in the Christmas Tree Ranch series. Set in the small community of Branding Iron, Texas, the book offers a sweet, romantic story of a single father and his daughter during the Christmas season. Santa's Sweetheart would make a delightful Christmas gift for lovers of holiday romance books and those who have cherished Janet Dailey's books over the years. Tuck it in a pretty holiday gift bag or basket for a loved one, and slip into your own Christmas stocking. It's sure to get you in the Christmas spirt!
Thank you to Net Galley and Kensington Books, Zebra for the copy of this book and opportunity to provide my unbiased review.
#SantasSweetheart #NetGalley
Thank you, NetGalley,  Janet Dailey and Kensington Book, for the copy of Santa’s Sweetheart. This is my personal review.
This was a wonderful soft romance book that hit every emotion I have when I was reading it.
Grace and Sam are so perfect together. And then to toss in Sam’s daughter Maggie and this was surely going be a story that was made to be. There were a lot of ups and downs in the path to happiness for Sam and Grace.
I am sure you will like this charming soft romance as much as I did.
A sweet and charming holiday romance. The couple each has their issues that need to be resolved. Many heart-warming or tugs on the heart strings. I am not a Christmas person, so that part of the story was irrelevant to me. That did not prevent me from enjoying the emotions involved. The lack of cell phones did amuse me and think the story must have been written thirty years ago or when mobile phones were first becoming available.
What a cute story. It is well written and kept my interst it was also a fast read.  It will definitely tug on your heart strings.

** I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review **
Love this author and series. If you haven't read it yet. I highly recommend doing so. I didn't read it in series order
Sam Delaney is the sheriff in Branding Iron Texas! He is widowed and raising his daughter Maggie. Maggie decides it is time for Sam to find a girlfriend and decides that her teacher Grace Chapman would be perfect. Grace is recovering from a broken engagement and not interested in a relationship. Maggie schemes to get them together and hopes they realize that they are meant to be a couple. Easy to read cute romance!

Thanks to Janet Dailey and Kensington Groningen Books, Zebra for the book
If you like sweet, tender romances with a strong, handsome hero and a smart, resilient  heroine with a heart of gold, then this book is for you. Both Sam and Grace have suffered pain in their pasts and have erected guards around their hearts to prevent further heartbreak. Sam, the town’s Sheriff, is a recent widower and father to a young girl, Maggie. Maggie is determined to see her father happy again and decides to do a little matchmaking. As she sorts for through the possible candidates, her pretty teacher comes to mind. Her ingeniously simple plan provides the opportunity for them to meet and Fate helps things along as well. Grace is not looking for love or any relationships, her past having eroded any trust in men and their professions of love. It doesn’t take long for Sam and Grace to guess what Maggie is up to and they try to thwart her efforts. Yet, Fate keeps throwing them together, and little Maggie is very persistent and persuasive. Being around Grace is no hardship for Sam, and he begins to feel his grief lightening and his heart opening for his daughter’s sweet, compassionate teacher. Grace, however, is just not ready for any relationship, even though the Sheriff and his adorable daughter have claimed a piece of heart. Will the magic of the Christmas season help Sam and Grace find a future together, or will there only be more heartbreak for them all?

This story is told in alternating points of view ….Sam’s, Grace’s and Maggie’s. Little Maggie is definitely a scene stealer, a masterful salesperson and utterly delightful. This book is a charming and wonderful romance that can be read any time of year, not just during the holiday season. I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.