Cover Image: Earth Magic

Earth Magic

This book is very detailed and very informative about every single thing that could be related to the earth element, including crystals, gods and goddesses, rituals that can be performed, etc. It is a great one to read if you are new to studying the elements and pagan religions or if you just want a refresher on the subject. I really was not expecting so much to read through when I got the copy of the book and was a little surprised to see how much can go into earth magic once you sit down and look at it all.
I now have all of the boos in this elements series and this book is just as informative and comprehensive as the other three. Love it.
This was a really interesting read for me as I would say Earth is the element that I am least connected to, however, this book had me rethinking that. It gave me some ideas for new and better ways to include it into my practice. This book includes a lot of things that the others in the series also have such as history, deities, spells, herbs and botanicals, crystals and stones, and animals associated with Earth. My favorite sections were "Connecting with the Spirit of a Place" and "Burial and Dirt Magic".

All in all this makes a great addition to those already working with this series, but also looking to energize their Earth work. If someone is already really adept at working with the Earth, I'm not sure how much it will bring to your craft, but there could be some inspiration to be had.

Thank you to the author, Netgalley, and Llewellyn for providing me with an eARC of this book, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This part of the series did not disappoint in giving a good overview of things and spells/rituals connected to the element of Earth. Nice for elemental witches and those wanting to have this type of thing in their back pocket.
This book opened my eyes about the element of Earth.  I have never before read a book that asks you to take such a holistic approach to the element. The author talks about the importance of knowing where you are in time and space. What are the plants and soil native to your area? What is the terrain like? She also reminds that working with the Earth element means more than the ground beneath our feet, but the wonders of an entire planet. This book made me feel much more connected to the world around me through my practice. I am going to check out the other books in the series now.
Thank you Netgally for this ARC for an exchange of an honest review.

Very interesting subject, helpful.
I definitely relate to the Earth more than the other elements, though all are integral to my practice.  Earth is where I am most connected as I use crystals and also grow many plant and herbs that I use in my practice.

This book adds so much detail and information that I learned quite a bit and enjoyed seeing how others use this element.  I have not read the other books in this series, but “Earth.” called to me and I answered.  Find your element and read it, then read them all, it will be a great learning experience.
Another well researched, comprehensive and well written book about Elements.
Tons of information, ideas and receipts, loved it.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This one was tough for me to get through. I haven't read the other element books in this series (Air, Fire, Water), but own Water Magic.I  just haven't read it yet and not sure I'll be rushing to read it any time soon- though I do connect more to water, naturally.

Earth Magic is FULL of information of all things, well, Earth! The first chapters bored me, to be honest, especially covering deities/gods and mythology- it's just never been an interest of mine and I was surprised there was a wealth of information covering the topic. BUT, I know this is likely a plus to many in the magical/mystical/witchy community, especially Wiccans. It's just not my thing. Also, I felt the book read very text-booky, and not as personal as I would have liked- though it does get better toward the later chapters. The book really picked up for me around Chapter 5-7 about grounding, herbs, and crystals- but I've read countless other books on these topics.

My favorite chapter in Earth Magic was "Burial and Dirt Magic" which is more along the lines of what kind of information would be in this book, as I found it the most interesting of all that was touched on.

There are some spells, but it's not overwhelmingly full of them, which is always welcome as I like to use them as inspiration for my own.

Overall, I think this would be a nice addition to the collection if you've read the other books in the series (all by different authors). I don't think this is a bad book by any means, I just didn't connect with it- it doesn't mean you won't. I believe it was well-researched, and there is definitely a mix of information within this book (some recipes too).